When will the waterblock GTX 280's be available?

GenBanks

Gawd
BFG and Evga have some GTX 280's fitted with waterblocks. The BFG one is available from their website but I was wondering when it will be widely available for purchase?

I have a GTX 280 already but I got it for £400 so with the exchange rate I could return it and get the $800 one for the same price :p

Are you sure? Don't you have buyers remorse and want to jump off a building because you could have bought a 1000 4870's for half the price?:D
I don't want to run more than one videocard in my system. Period.

And I have had bad experiences with xfire and sli

I don't want to run more than one videocard in my system. Period.

And I have had bad experiences with xfire and sli

Well you've got one hell of a single card!: Enjoy!) Thus far I'm finding GTX 280 2 way SLI to work pretty well. This is my third, forth go around if you count the 9800 GX2, with SLI and this by far is the best experience with it.

But like you, I prefer a single card. Just can't get ANY single card to run Crysis.:mad:

Ah ha! I should have looked at your sig and noted some sarcasm. You'll have to excuse my initially dry response!

I thought about dual aircooled 280s, but my whole system would have to be upgraded for me to go that route. I'm only running a PCP&C Turbo Cool 510 and it's already working pretty hard with my CPU on phase change and a single 280. I just want my PSU/CPU/MOBO/RAM to make it 'til Nehalem

Will one of the waterblocks from the site linked by the second poster work just as well as something from BFG or Evga? I've never installed a waterblock on a GPU, how difficult is it/ how much scope is there for messing up?

Well the cheapest air cooled GTX 280 is £400 in the UK, so $800 for a card that's overclocked with an expensive waterblock fitted doesn't seem too outrageous. £400 and $800 is about the same. If I were earning $ instead of £ I probably wouldn't be considering it.

You can get the evga block already off the web page.
Problem with that are you can´t buy it from europe and if no store carries them they are out of the picture.

EDIT Yes EK:s will fit any brand of GTX280/260 and a backplate will come out to to cool the backside of the card.

Back