When will the PS4 Pro come down a little in price?

Discussion in '[H]ot Deals Discussions' started by MelonSplitter, Dec 29, 2016.

1. MelonSplitter

MelonSplitter Gawd

I want one now but I'm hoping and waiting for the price to come down a few dollars. Has anyone seen any deals out there? What do you think?

2. MelonSplitter

MelonSplitter Gawd

3. rgMekanic

rgMekanic [H]ard|News Staff Member

Really hard to say, I haven't followed consoles in a long time, around June is historically when price cuts happen, but sales I dunno

4. BeavermanA

BeavermanA 2[H]4U

How low are you expecting it to go? It was readily available for $340 or less at release, and a few deals around $300 since. Wouldn't expect an official msrp drop until maybe 2017 holiday season.

5. Jaybone909

Jaybone909 Limp Gawd

I'm hoping it goes on sale again soon too. I should've jumped on one of the BF deals but I figured it would be cheaper after the new year.

6. MelonSplitter

MelonSplitter Gawd

Are you talking about the PS4 Pro? Because I haven't seen the price drop below 399. If so, then damn, I blew it.

7. another-user

another-user Gawd

i bought my pro at launch from target for 360...

8. BeavermanA

BeavermanA 2[H]4U

You need to visit a site called slickdeals.net.

Although in the end, you'll probably spend more money inadvertently on things you didn't know you needed.

NovaCloud, Chimpee and Jaybone909 like this.
  9. Chimpee

Chimpee Gawd

I agree with above, you need to spend more time at slickdeals.net, been seeing price for PS4 pro under 399.

10. Jaybone909

Jaybone909 Limp Gawd

11. buttons

buttons [H]ard|Gawd

i dont think ive seen it less then $370 unless there was some coupon to stack. I ended buying an xbox one s with BF1 and a year of live for $212 after tax (i wanted a 4k player)

12. whateverer

whateverer AMD Owns Techreport

It's not going to see a bigger price drop anytime before Scorpio launches, unless sales fall below expectations. Those smaller deals are just so people don't forget about the new console - think of them as "advertising" for the deal hunters. They will probably disappear by summer.

The whole point of the PS4 Pro is to get the ASPs up, and to give buyers something better to entice them away from m PC or xbox.

Or to give current owners an easy upgrade path.