When will the dam break that holds used GPU prices above new MSRP?

plenty of algos out there. I was around for the transitions away from BTC and LTC. When eth finally goes ASIC there will be a period of panic/confusion and 4-6mnths later a clear chosen algo/coin will emerge as the place we point our GPU's. It has happened plenty of times in the past. I'm not the slightest bit worried.

I am playing with free money(my investment has already been returned to me). If I had put a foolish amount of money into this game WAAAAAY too late yeah I'd cut ties and run. There is a LOT of uncertainty. There has always been a lot of uncertainty. No risk. No reward. My risk is and always has been a level I am OK completely losing.

twice over 10 years = "plenty of times"

1. that doesn't make any sense
2. the global rate of eth right now is unheard of, can't just arbitrarily swtich to another coin
3. Crypto is collapsing

look at all the green:
https://www.nowinstock.net/computers/videocards/amd/rx580/

Prices will drop soon.

twice over 10 years = "plenty of times"

1. that doesn't make any sense
2. the global rate of eth right now is unheard of, can't just arbitrarily swtich to another coin
3. Crypto is collapsing

look at all the green:
https://www.nowinstock.net/computers/videocards/amd/rx580/

Prices will drop soon.
I skipped the smaller transitions. There were those X11 and so many other X series and plenty of others. GPU mining has been "ending" for as long as GPU mining has existed. The powers that own the massive GPU farms are more centralized than people want to realize. Those powers will continue to push newer algos and we'll follow in transition.

That green is still easily double to triple what the cards should be. Simply having stock showing up doesn't mean anything more than indicate the market is coming to its senses. We are still waiting for the sub $200 580's to come BACK since they were that before eth took off. A card as old as the 580 in reality shouldn't be over $150 at this point. After MIR I think I had some sub $200 580's as recently as black friday. If they reach $150 yeah I'll stock up.

I love it.

Already up from ~.007/d to >.008/d and holding strong over a week+.

..and yes, go me. :D

d.jpg

Last edited:
Aye, but 2 months ago there wasn't a single card in stock no matter the price.
Yeah the people who were paying those prices are the idiots panic selling. Any time you go to buy a card you have to take current estimates of return and if you are ok with it taking 4x longer than the current estimate then sure buy otherwise just stay out.

I love it.

View attachment 65303

Yeah my payouts have gone up in the last 10 days and seem to possibly still be climbing. If it takes bitcoin crashing to bring up my payouts then bring it on! i will hold until its a good time to cash out.

I love it.

View attachment 65303
Its time to make sure you are tracking power and underclocking things to get the best performance per watt you can reasonably get. It'll pay off to stick with the 50/50 split HODL half and use half to pay expenses. Never panic and stick with your plan. I have kept a certain amount of cash waiting for the next gen of cards to hit. I will keep my gaming rig with whatever the top card is but I am not going to throw the whole wad at the next gen if there's a good chance of this gen reaching crazy low prices. 1080ti manages to mostly bring 4k gaming into reality but the next one is really gonna make things better. I really want 60FPS at 4k on absolutely ever game.

Its time to make sure you are tracking power and underclocking things to get the best performance per watt you can reasonably get. It'll pay off to stick with the 50/50 split HODL half and use half to pay expenses. Never panic and stick with your plan. I have kept a certain amount of cash waiting for the next gen of cards to hit. I will keep my gaming rig with whatever the top card is but I am not going to throw the whole wad at the next gen if there's a good chance of this gen reaching crazy low prices. 1080ti manages to mostly bring 4k gaming into reality but the next one is really gonna make things better. I really want 60FPS at 4k on absolutely ever game.
I haven't found anything below 75FPS minimums at 3440x1440 on my 1080TI. (Vermintide 2 is probably the lowest FPS I've seen hitting 75FPS as lows with my setup)

4K is a bit higher resolution - but it's gotta be close to 4K 60FPS now?!?

you guys still picking up gpu's? I see that 1070ti MSRP prices have come down a bit

you guys still picking up gpu's? I see that 1070ti MSRP prices have come down a bit
I haven't seen MSRP drop. I've seen market price dropping... MSRP for the stock one has been $450 since its release. Some of the overclocked ones with third part coolers have MSRP's up a little over $500 but the prices you actually see are companies like Newegg screwing us.

Seems like a lot of availability at msrp now. Gtx 1070 available on nvidia site. 1080ti available at msrp

still hard to find vegas but yeah most cards are finally popping up. Hopefully the next gen comes out soon.

eBay prices on 1080Ti still show new cards selling near $950-$1k.

used card prices are dropping more to MSRP.

Yea 570s are down to 239. At 199 i can finally upgrade my mini-itx system.

Back