When will motherboard w/ 6 to 8 x SATA 6 Gb/s ports come out?

No, it's not but if I had the choice between a board with 6 sata3 ports or 6 sata2 ports and the price difference wasn't major i'd definitely pay a little extra for the sata3. I bet others would do the same too because features like this can be exploited for marketing purposes and these products are driven by money.

Again, it's not up to the motherboard manufacturers what features the chipset has. That is up to Intel and AMD. Adding additional controllers cost more, and as a result, boards with more controllers cost more than boards without additional controllers.

Again, it's not up to the motherboard manufacturers what features the chipset has. That is up to Intel and AMD. Adding additional controllers cost more, and as a result, boards with more controllers cost more than boards without additional controllers.

No derp. I know it's up to AMD and Intel to support certain features in their chipset. Why are you quoting my post to say that? It had nothing to do with my comment to you.

I bet others would do the same too because features like this can be exploited for marketing purposes and these products are driven by money.

I bet people at Intel and AMD know better than you what's more profitable for them.

I bet people at Intel and AMD know better than you what's more profitable for them.

If AMD knew best what was profitable for them then why are they rapidly running out of money and how come they had to finance their acquisition of ATI? If anything AMD probably needs advice on how to be more profitable....

The only 1 is Asus, but it's on 2 different controllers, and some of you said the Marvell controller is buggy

All the motherboard c/w only 2 x SATA 6 Gb/s ports. Sata SSD w/ 6 Gb/s has been out for quite some time now. And yet we are still sitting at those 3 Gb/s motherboard. What is taking motherboard manufacturer so long?

ASUS P9X79 Pro I think has 4.

Back