when the heck are retail stores like Comp USA gonna get the x800s?

ozziegn

The man behind the curtain...
I have a $600 in-store credit with Comp USA thats burning a hole in my pocket so I figured I'd plunge some of it down on the x800 WHENEVER they freakin' get the darm things. :D

ozziegn said:
I have a $600 in-store credit with Comp USA thats burning a hole in my pocket so I figured I'd plunge some of it down on the x800 WHENEVER they freakin' get the darm things. :D

some retail stores have them, I saw 2 at bestbuy yesterday (pros)

I haven't seen any at our compusa either though.

they come in and sell out quick, there seems to be a shortage of x800 gpu's... so i've heard

order it off comp usa's website i am sure there is a way to use the store credit; you might have to order it over the phone tho :rolleyes:

Beave said:
order it off comp usa's website i am sure there is a way to use the store credit; you might have to order it over the phone tho :rolleyes:

nope, been there - tried that.

they dont accept gift cards as payment options. :(

workingnonstop said:
some retail stores have them, I saw 2 at bestbuy yesterday (pros)

I haven't seen any at our compusa either though.

what City, State?

ozziegn said:
what City, State?

I'm in Latham, NY-the Best Buy was the one in Albany. There was no tag on the shelf for them (tag still said 9800XT), but there were two BBA X800Pros in stock. :)

here's a post from me earlier today at another forum regarding a phone call I made to one of my local Best Buys today:

I just called one of my local stores (Altamonte Springs, FL) and spoke to the computer dept. manager.

here's the phone conversation:

me - ummm, yeah. I was wondering if you had any of the ATi x800 Pro video cards in stock?

comp. dept. manager - uhhhh, whats that?

me - you're kidding me, right? you're the computer dept. manager and you dont know what the x800 Pro is?

comp. dept. manager - look man, ATi doesnt have anything that starts with an X or 800. all we have is what they make and thats the 9XXX series. so I dont know what you're talking about concerning this x800 Pro you're speaking of.

me - (I'm sitting here laughing my @aa off) good God man, I'm speechless. thanks anyways.

phone call ended.

unreal.... just when I think I've seen and heard of everything from BB and now this.

again, this phone conversation was with the computer dept. manager. :D

ozziegn said:
here's a post from me earlier today at another forum regarding a phone call I made to one of my local Best Buys today:

I just called one of my local stores (Altamonte Springs, FL) and spoke to the computer dept. manager.

here's the phone conversation:

me - ummm, yeah. I was wondering if you had any of the ATi x800 Pro video cards in stock?

comp. dept. manager - uhhhh, whats that?

me - you're kidding me, right? you're the computer dept. manager and you dont know what the x800 Pro is?

comp. dept. manager - look man, ATi doesnt have anything that starts with an X or 800. all we have is what they make and thats the 9XXX series. so I dont know what you're talking about concerning this x800 Pro you're speaking of.

me - (I'm sitting here laughing my @aa off) good God man, I'm speechless. thanks anyways.

phone call ended.

unreal.... just when I think I've seen and heard of everything from BB and now this.

again, this phone conversation was with the computer dept. manager. :D

Isn't it required that a person be computer illiterate to work in the comp. dept. at BB? :p

just so I dont have to start a new thread.. what is the last known release date for the x880 xt (pci express)?

Vagrant Zero said:
I work at Circuit City and our department managers are all assshits.

oh holy sweet mother of God. please tell me something that I dont know...

I work at ICCT in Toronto, and we can place orders for them now. I waiting it out for the X800XT PE, but the PROs are going for around $610-650 CAD roughly. And since I'm an assistant store manager at the Markham location in Toronto, I can get cost price for myself or give people some wicked prices.

I'd expect the X800Pro at it's over inflated price to be about $610 CAD, if that's the case I can probably pick it up for $575-590CAD as an estimate. I'll check with the store tomorrow for an exact price with our price/odering person.

Vagrant Zero said:
And you joined [H]OCP on the 30th of January. What happened, family got cheap with the presents? :p

Actually, used some birthday money to buy a demo Enermax aluminum case. The case had a scratch on the side, my first post (I remember it! :p) was asking how I should remove it.

Speaking of which, anyone know of a good way to remove scratches from the side of a brushed aluminum case? :confused:

Damnit I bought mine three weeks ago for $399.99. Son of a motherless goat!!

I hate it when that happens. :mad:

wow, I didn't notice that the 2nd link was to a 9800xt and not an X800xt. Bah, I was hoping for a cheap XT :)

Sir-Fragalot said:
Damnit I bought mine three weeks ago for $399.99. Son of a motherless goat!!

I hate it when that happens. :mad:
can't you get a refund for the difference? isn't it their pricing policy?

Half the performance for $100 more! WHAT A STEAL!

The new cards are really trickling out slowly. Its even worse on the nVidia side :(.. SOMEONE PLEASE GET THOSE CARDS OUT THERE!

none of the BB's near me have any. They all said that the pros will be in stock next week. XT's ship around the 21st.

I just ordered my pro from outpost.com (fry's electronics' website). They had 18 in stock earlier, and only a few bucks more for overnight shipping :D

bobmanfoo said:
can't you get a refund for the difference? isn't it their pricing policy?

I bought it from Best Buy.com. I am not sure what their policy is on that.

I hear Fry's will stock these soon. I'll go this this coming weekend and check.

DaveX said:
I hear Fry's will stock these soon. I'll go this this coming weekend and check.
I drove to 3 BB's today and 1 Fry's. All of them said that they'll have them physically in-stock by the middle of next week. IIRC, they said that the cards ship next Monday (or around then).

workingnonstop said:
Isn't it required that a person be computer illiterate to work in the comp. dept. at BB? :p

UMMM Absolutely not! I find the most retarded none computer literate people at both COMP USA and BB! Its been that way for years here in Jersey or atleast in Union county. These stores don't employ people for what they know! They employ anyone who can dress themselves and say "HI WELCOME TO BLAH BLAH , MAY I HELP YOU?"

I never ask for help when I go to these stores and I never will because more times then not I end up teaching them WTF is going on in their own store! Now I am just snappy and shhhh them away when they bother me!

at the best buy store in union i bought a mini disc player and kept asking if this was all i needed and they said yes. then when i got home and realized i had to have a recorder. and then the line to return was sooo long. wut a pain in the ass :mad:

Back