When is the ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero X570 going to be available?

They were at Microcenter on launch, not many though. Asus is popular and pushed as a brand at MC, so just like the 3900x they were gone before the opening line was done clearing out.

Hopefully soon.

My B450 build is hung up after I updated chipset drivers trying to update my bios.

Mine is on the way from newegg. If I went back to the day I ordered, I could flip a coin and get the Gigabyte Aorus Master for the same price. It adds Wifi (that I would never use) and a third M.2 slot that I may use in the future. My current board is Asus and I've been happy with it and the memory QVL list seems larger on Asus vs. Gigabyte, so I went Asus. Now I need to figure out RAM. I want 32 GB of 3600 in two sticks, but the QVL listed stuff seems very difficult to find or crazy expensive. There seems to be more available if you go with 4 DIMMS, but I'd like to stick with 2 to stress the IMC less. It looks like with the 16x2 configuration, they only looked at the really expensive stuff with CAS 17 or 18.

They were at Microcenter on launch, not many though. Asus is popular and pushed as a brand at MC, so just like the 3900x they were gone before the opening line was done clearing out.

Yeah I missed out on that. Now all the 8core and 12core CPUs are out. Along with the HERO.

Still haven't seen a hero on amazon. Didn't think amazon was bad at getting stuff early

Mine is on the way from newegg. If I went back to the day I ordered, I could flip a coin and get the Gigabyte Aorus Master for the same price. It adds Wifi (that I would never use) and a third M.2 slot that I may use in the future. My current board is Asus and I've been happy with it and the memory QVL list seems larger on Asus vs. Gigabyte, so I went Asus. Now I need to figure out RAM. I want 32 GB of 3600 in two sticks, but the QVL listed stuff seems very difficult to find or crazy expensive. There seems to be more available if you go with 4 DIMMS, but I'd like to stick with 2 to stress the IMC less. It looks like with the 16x2 configuration, they only looked at the really expensive stuff with CAS 17 or 18.

however, the ROG CROSSHAIR VIII HERO has 8 SATA ports compared to the Gigabyte Master's 6... also, when the third m.2 slot of the master is used, it disabled another 2 SATA, leaving you with 4... Depends on what is more important to you. my understanding that on the asus, all 8 SATA are always available

A hero appeared on amazon, but they won't have them in until aug 15th. Amazon is so slow. If i didn't have so much gift card money tied up there I would of used newegg. Newegg seems to be much faster at getting new items

however, the ROG CROSSHAIR VIII HERO has 8 SATA ports compared to the Gigabyte Master's 6... also, when the third m.2 slot of the master is used, it disabled another 2 SATA, leaving you with 4... Depends on what is more important to you. my understanding that on the asus, all 8 SATA are always available

I guess it really only matters if I want to eventually get to nothing by M.2 storage. I'm most like going to start with a Sabrent 1 TB M.2 Phison 12 drive and the 850 evo 1 TB and my. 4 TB Red from my current rig. I'd like to eventually be full solid state.

I want to pull the trigger on the Hero, but I want to see some in-depth reviews and see it without the m.2 covers, etc.

Back