When is next gen graphics cards out?

That's a stupid reply. There's a roadmap for new GPU's. I'm curious what it is as I don't have knowledge of this.

Post silly question, get silly reply

Well, the entry level gt 7xx mobility series is out, I believe they're rebranded.

Last edited:
Radeon 8000 series cards are probably coming sometime in Q4.

And, having just released the GTX Titan, and having just answered the AMD 7790 with the GTX 650 Ti Boost, Nvidia probably isn't feeling particularly motivated to release anything before AMD does. I would expect this to be a boring summer for video card releases.

originally i know they were supposed to come out in q2, but with lackluster deliverings on both sides (in certain points of the market) its mostly just nvidia waiting to put out their cards.

and... amd won't release the 8xxx series anytime soon now that they just released the 7990 card.

Official AMD 7990 is already out? I thought it was just "announced" and not for sale yet >_>

Unofficial 7990s have been out for some time, but official only got announced this week.

Official AMD 7990 is already out? I thought it was just "announced" and not for sale yet >_>

Unofficial 7990s have been out for some time, but official only got announced this week.

it was announced and getting ready to be released. sorry, should have clarified that.

And, having just released the GTX Titan, and having just answered the AMD 7790 with the GTX 650 Ti Boost, Nvidia probably isn't feeling particularly motivated to release anything before AMD does. I would expect this to be a boring summer for video card releases.

The 7870 tahiti is about the best bang for the buck card right now. With so many cards so close together, I think we are headed into a price war that will leading up to the 8000 series and whatever nvidia is up to.

@Shiver 7990 is just for show just like the Titan. Both cards are mostly irrelevant to the vast majority of the market.

I have a friend (and spy) in the industry and he said that nvidias next card, which makes the Titan look like grandmas GPU is due in 45 days. He also said AMD is responding with a single and double gpu solution which will shred the whole GPU market apart. Like cheese an shit. Any1 who buys anything right now is just a fanboy wasting their money. And you know what, I trust this guy. WITH MY LIFE.

I have a friend (and spy) in the industry and he said that nvidias next card, which makes the Titan look like grandmas GPU is due in 45 days. He also said AMD is responding with a single and double gpu solution which will shred the whole GPU market apart. Like cheese an shit. Any1 who buys anything right now is just a fanboy wasting their money. And you know what, I trust this guy. WITH MY LIFE.

Lol :D

If I give you my money, can you forward it to this guy so he can acquire am engineering sample for me? I really like to stay ahead of the curve.

Danki said:
Isnt Nvidia supposed to come out with the gtx 700 series soon?

Are the GTX7xx going to be a refresh of the GK104 or "new"/based on GK110?

It would seem that the GTX Titan got the rumor mill all confused about what was coming next. Lots of rumors in late 2012 talked about the 700 series with GK110 cards coming out in March 2013, but that turned out to be the GTX Titan.

The EVGA part number of the GTX Titan suggests that Nvidia's next gen won't be named the 700 series. There's precedent for that in the 100 and 300 series, so it could be that the next gen will actually be the 800 series. Whether they will reserve that for Maxwell in 2014 remains to be seen.

If I have 2x 6950's OC'd to 6970's is there an upgrade I can have now that would be amazing or it's still similar generation/performance?

If I have 2x 6950's OC'd to 6970's is there an upgrade I can have now that would be amazing or it's still similar generation/performance?

Only amazing upgrades I see for you:

7990 x 2+
690 x 2+
Titan x 2+

But that depends on your resolution. If you're only running 1080p, then at best all you would be able to do with all that power is downscale. If at 2560x1440, then any of the above should make your existing experience much smoother.

How about the "Titan Lite" with less memory and less ridiculous of a price tag?

I think that's the best thing to look forward to in the "near" future - maybe 2-3 months?

Now where's that industry spy again?

I honestly think the industry has shifted focus on the next generation consoles for the duration of this year so I would not count on seeing any new GPU's from either party this year.

solidnickel, do you think the industry has shifted to consoles this year :p Not sure I got you point there, 4 times in a row ;)

Dose anybody think that the industry has shifted focus on the next generation consoles for the duration of this year and we should not count on seeing any new GPU's from either party this year?

Might be later, in your country... since English is obviously not your first language.

Only amazing upgrades I see for you:

7990 x 2+
690 x 2+
Titan x 2+

But that depends on your resolution. If you're only running 1080p, then at best all you would be able to do with all that power is downscale. If at 2560x1440, then any of the above should make your existing experience much smoother.

2x Titans would be way too expensive.

I'm guessing 2x 7990's over 2x 6970's isn't much of a performance boost for the cost.

I game at 2560....

Fucking LOL :cool::cool:

I believe :)

With how long its been since the current generation of cards has been out, I'd assume the next gen cards are just around the corner?

Not that i'm pointing this at you Mister E but like you said " He said "
we havent heard anything in months even relating to something like this , even though after seeing the Titan we know AMD and Nvidia have been holding back on us . . .
Next is Amd is in a hole at the moment with its software " its hardware is always been on the edge " I don't see them putting out anything special with out until a rework in there driver group first , since there crossfire is in trouble .
I don't see them shreding Nvidia after we seen Nvidia found a way to make faster cards that have the power of dual cards . I would take the Titan as a example just to a start of something bigger and us being the lab rats with it .
Anyone who doesn't buy now and wait till tomorrow in the pc hardware world will never enjoy cause there's always something else around the corner

Well like i said in the other thread, both AMD and Nvidia are waiting on TSMC for a economically viable 20nm process, until that happens we won't really get new chips.

A Sapphire rep told someone on another forum that ask a question about a new card that doesn't show up on Sapphire's site that they are selling what is left of the ref 79xx's for AMD and why it doesn't show up .. so AMD is clearing out there stock pile of ref cards and the HD*000 is coming.

Back