when is Half life 2 episode 3 coming out

Robert Guillaume or Morgan Freeman would both be good for Dr. Vance, and I think Anthony Heald would be good for Dr. Magnussen. And they might as well just use Merle Dandridge for Alyx, since she voiced Alyx for the game, and isn't bad to look at either. Dr Kleiner...hm...Christopher Lloyd.

I think Jason Statham would be an awesome actor to play Gordon in a movie adaptation of HL2. Yeah yeah his Crank High Voltage movie was blah. What I'm thinking is he could play a role where the hero doesn't have much, if anything, to say. He's tough, buff, and a great actor given the right role.

As for HL2: Ep3, I've been waiting for any word to hit the streets. I'm kind of pissed that Valve isn't giving some sort of clue as to when we can expect it. No lie, I've been replaying the HL2 experience. I'm currently half way through Episode 2. Even though its the shortest of the episodes, I feel it is the best. The sound, the graphics, the frame rate (holy God) is just superb. And the game play is sweet.

They really need to finish the story. Sooner than later in my opinion would be best. They are only hurting themselves by not dedicating resources to finish the series. We don't need special enhancements to the engine to finish what we've kind of all ready played. We just need a solid script and the same awesome voice acting and everything could be over and done and make us all happy.

COME ON VALVE!!!

Robert Guillaume or Morgan Freeman would both be good for Dr. Vance, and I think Anthony Heald would be good for Dr. Magnussen. And they might as well just use Merle Dandridge for Alyx, since she voiced Alyx for the game, and isn't bad to look at either. Dr Kleiner...hm...Christopher Lloyd.
Didn't Robert Guillaume do the voice acting for Eli Vance? He's a shoo-in for the movie. Robert Culp did Breen's voice. He'd be a good choice for Breen in the movie, too. If he were 15 years younger, Nicolas Cage would be a great Gordon Freeman. Cage is great as a smart, untypical hero (The Rock, National Treasure, Gone in 60 Seconds). Jessica Alba would be a great Alyx.

Arghhhh i hate teh rumuors here...there is NO hl3 episode . Hl3 is a complete game NOT another episode. Remember if you do the Arulius Boat that was never made into hl2? well in hl3 thats where you get your "portal Gun" from as to why Portal was a test for the technology .Expect there to be alot of aliens and other Zen Planets to conquer ladies and germs :p

Arghhhh i hate teh rumuors here...there is NO hl3 episode . Hl3 is a complete game NOT another episode. Remember if you do the Arulius Boat that was never made into hl2? well in hl3 thats where you get your "portal Gun" from as to why Portal was a test for the technology .Expect there to be alot of aliens and other Zen Planets to conquer ladies and germs :p
There IS an HL:2 Episode 3 on the way. That's what this thread is about.

I'm thinking end of this year........just before Christmas.

Ed Harris for Gordon Freeman, Bill Nighy for G-man, Jessica Biel as Alyx, Samuel L Jackson as Dr, Vance because he's in everything so logically must be in the half life film.

Co-Staring ED-209 as Dog, haha!

General Grievous as dog. Also, Lou Gosset Jr. should not only voice the Vortiguant, but also play him. He did it in Enemy Mine.

Ed Harris for Gordon Freeman, Bill Nighy for G-man, Jessica Biel as Alyx, Samuel L Jackson as Dr, Vance because he's in everything so logically must be in the half life film.

Co-Staring ED-209 as Dog, haha!
Bill Nighy as the G-Man is perfect!! He's got it all: face, voice, attitude.

Ed Harris: too old
Samuel Jackson: too loud; all he does is yell and scream on screen
Jessica Biel: score!

It doesn't seem like anybody in the company is that interested in working on Half Life games right now. A lot seems to be going into L4D, TF2, Steam, and other projects.

As for an Episode 3 timeframe... my guess is that they won't sit down and start planning until late this year.

If there ever was a Half Life movie, I'd wish they did it from the perspective of Barney. :D

Although frankly I could easily see a movie studio screw up Half Life and have a more Opposing Force-ish story and just use turn it into a Doom-ish movie. (basically an over narrowification on just a squad going after Freeman while leaving out the whole story and backdrop of the Half Life series)

Also, there's no way they could make a Half Life movie without at least two things: 1. Crowbar 2. Headcrabs

I wish I could find the link, but I do recall one of the later interviews with Gabe and Doug stating that they wanted to finish L4D (including DLC's), do some more with TF2 and then they would do more focused work on Ep3. This was during the week prior to the release of L4D. My guess is Summer of 2010, or Christmas.

They also mentioned it would be the largest of the episodes, most "grandeous" in storyline and complete the HL2 arc. A different interview mentioned HL3, which they said may get farmed out to another house (similar to what they did with Gearbox / Blue Shift), but they did confirm Ep3 would not be the end of Half-Life. Anyway, I'll try and track down the links.

yeah i thought they were going to continue with HL3 after episode 3.
There are so many questions that remain open right now, I can't possibly imagine them being able to wrap up everything into an "episode". that would definitly give it an anti-climatic ending IMO.

Just remember when it comes to dates to NEVER trust in Gabe, HL2 was over a year late yes?

Hl2 was like 2 years late... I know I had it on pre-order for that long atleast... :eek:

Ok, here are a couple quotes with links:

Doug Lombardi on Episode 3:
Yeah, the next time you play as Gordon will be longer than the distance between HL2 to Ep1, and Ep1 to Ep2.

Gabe Newell on Episode 3:
1UP: How is Episode Three's development going?

GN: I'm not supposed to talk about Episode Three, according to Doug. It's going well. I mean, it's going to be the best of the three, by far. It's going to be the most innovative in terms of gameplay. [Motioning to Lombardi] He's going to get me if I say anything more.

DL: [Laughs] I'm going to still get you for all things you've already said.

1UP: This is good! [Laughs] This is why I love doing interviews with you guys. Will we see an Episode Three trailer by the end of the year?

GN: No. Valve's focus this year is Left 4 Dead.

Gabe Newell
on HL3:
Kikizo: After Episode 3 comes out, do you see life for Half-Life beyond this current iteration?

Gabe: Yeah. Sure. I think there are a lot of thing that we want to do with the story, characters and so on, that we haven't done yet.

So, no definiatives but I think we can be hopeful for 2010. :cool:

Im pretty sure current major development is Episode 3 and New Counter Strike. After that will come Portal 2. Valve did say A new counter strike would come out with or around Episode 3 so my guess for a release date is.......Never

Back