when is Half life 2 episode 3 coming out

soup666

Weaksauce
seriously!!!

i haven't found anywhere announcing a release date, not even a teaser vid

Didn't we just have a thread about this? Anyways the best answer is "when it's done". Can't really say much more than that.

i must have missed that

the second episode kinda let me down storywise
but game play was great
i think they should have that boat again with the gun on it like in HL 2
yep driving the boat around in the storm drains killing alien zombies was gooooood ol fun

Last edited:
I'm kinda hoping that they would release this Ep3 sooner rather than later and start working on HL3.

I'm more looking forward to HL3 than Ep3

Valve has stretched themselves too thin by trying to do too much with too little. I would have rather had EP3 a year ago than getting HDR.

And Gabe Newell said the Episode model would speed up release cycles. Famous last words. :p

Episodes are a bit short.. I'd rather see HL3.
Question is will they be showing a new engine for it or will Source have to get another makeover....

Valve has stretched themselves too thin by trying to do too much with too little. I would have rather had EP3 a year ago than getting HDR.

I don't think it had much to do with HDR. The Lost Coast thing came out a long time ago, which is what added HDR to source.

I think the delay of Episode 3 is more about Left 4 Dead and supporting TF2 and the other game projects that Valve has going.

And Gabe Newell said the Episode model would speed up release cycles. Famous last words. :p

ha see the funny thing about this quote, that lots of people miss is "release cycles" really mean "development cycles", which is sort of an interchangeable term in their perspective. so what this really means is that they can spend less time on dev, whenever they get around to it, not faster releases for us. it's just fast cash on the side for them when they want it, but of course people hear what they want to hear ;).

and I'm sure they will be timing it in conjunction with manpower seeing as how they are obviously spread thin. they had to roll back a tf2 update last week for the first time afaik because someone screwed up on it, the game was totally unplayable for a day or two after a failed patch.

I'll guess it comes out in 2011.

HL3 in 2017 or something.

ep3 should be end of 2010, but valve said that would be it for half life. no half life 3.

ep3 should be end of 2010, but valve said that would be it for half life. no half life 3.

I'm pretty certain that they said Episode 3 would be the end of Half-Life 2, but not the end of Half-Life.

I'm pretty certain that they said Episode 3 would be the end of Half-Life 2, but not the end of Half-Life.
This!

My guess is that by the time we see HL3, the storyline will be something like...

The earth is safe and at peace having defeated and driven the Columbine back to Xen years ago. All inter-dimensional portals were destroyed, preventing any further invasions from Xen. Gordon Freeman and his wife Alyx are attending their son's graduation from MIT. The kid is only 15 years old but is graduating Suma Cum Laude with a Ph.D in theoretical physics. The boy wonder's superior intellect was traced to his parents exposure to the exotic radiation of Black Mesa and the Cathedral. Young Eli, named after Alyx's late, heroic father, is set to oversee the re-development of the Black Mesa facility. With his father as a consultant, the U.S. government is confident that Dr. Eli is the one person who can revive the long condemned research facility. As father and son work to harvest the secrets of Black Mesa, little do they suspect that the once defeated Columbine has been watching closely and waiting patiently for a chance to strike back at Gordon Freeman. What better place than Black Mesa, where it all began, for the Combine to launch a new offensive against Earth and to destroy their most hated and feared enemy and his son?

Half-Life 3: 2020

yeah i thought they were going to continue with HL3 after episode 3.
There are so many questions that remain open right now, I can't possibly imagine them being able to wrap up everything into an "episode". that would definitly give it an anti-climatic ending IMO.

Just remember when it comes to dates to NEVER trust in Gabe, HL2 was over a year late yes?

The earth is safe and at peace having defeated and driven the Columbine back to Xen years ago. All inter-dimensional portals were destroyed, preventing any further invasions from Xen. Gordon Freeman and his wife Alyx are attending their son's graduation from MIT. The kid is only 15 years old but is graduating Suma Cum Laude with a Ph.D in theoretical physics. The boy wonder's superior intellect was traced to his parents exposure to the exotic radiation of Black Mesa and the Cathedral. Young Eli, named after Alyx's late, heroic father, is set to oversee the re-development of the Black Mesa facility. With his father as a consultant, the U.S. government is confident that Dr. Eli is the one person who can revive the long condemned research facility. After a squabbling dispute over his new love interest, the young Eli takes to the lab and throws a tantrum, resulting in the pushing of many buttons and the combination of many liquids, unexpectedly re-opening the portal to Xen. Comedic hijinks abound as the family attempts to counter the invading force!.

Fixed ... if Hollywood gets hold of the script.

I think of this every time I see the words Half Life 2. I'm beginning to feel that they really didn't have the whole story fleshed out which is why it is taking so long. Sort of like Matrix (part 1) was so much more tight story wise as compared to part 2 and 3.

I forgive them though because they have kept up with Team Fortress 2 and continually work on that despite me only forking over cash for it one time.

It will be out when it's done. And you can pretty much be assured it will be worth the wait. :)

I read that they said they will finish it after they finish whatever they are working on now. I think it's Portal 2.

I am hoping for the return to a hardened Black Mesa like underground facility in Half-Life 3 or Episode 3. I sort of miss the clostorphobic feeling of the original Half-Life.

Episode Three will be released on December 21, 2012. Duh.

And yeah, I think it'll get released in a boxset like The Orange Box (maybe we'll see the fabled "Black Box"?).

That's not what I heard. After Episode 3 IIRC they plan on finalising the game with Half-Life 3

I think Half Life should hit the theaters. I think it would make a great Movie. George Clooney and play Gordon Freeman, what do you think?

The Black Box - Half-Life 3, Team Fortress 3, Portal 2 and all previous games in the HL games out 2017?!

You keep your George Clooney out of my Half Life. Got it?

Gordon Freeman doesn't say anything, they might as well get a mute actor rather than George Clooney!

I have stopped caring for EP3. they are just spread out way too far apart.

Same here, the episodes were too far apart, I can't remember much of anything from Ep1 and Ep2, other than the bits that were especially frustrating or irritating.

I will buy ep3, just to finish off the saga, but thats only due to investment in it so far, I won't be buying anymore "episodes" after Ep3, otherwise I'll just get stuck in the same mediocre cycle, feeling that I have to buy the rest of the episodes on some weak promise that the episodes as a whole will be satisfying.

I think Robert Downey Jr. could make a good Gordon Freeman if there ever was a film adaptation.

I think Robert Downey Jr. could make a good Gordon Freeman if there ever was a film adaptation.

But the film would have to be kind of a comedy like Iron-man .. otherwise it would fail... tot he non-fan club.

But the film would have to be kind of a comedy like Iron-man .. otherwise it would fail... tot he non-fan club.

Well the silence of Gordon could be like some running joke...every time he opens his mouth and is about to say something, a Combine or Ant-Lion could jump out and interrupt him.

I dont care who gets to play mr Freeman in HL:the movie, as long as Morgan Freeman is Eli Vance, and Uwe Boll directs the piece of shit :D

George Clooney and play Gordon Freeman, what do you think?
Too old. Freeman was fresh out of MIT when he first arrived at Black Mesa. Clooney might make a solid Breen, though.

I actually think any HL movie based around Freeman would be doomed to fail. A better movie would focus on one of the resistance groups (or "squads", or whatever). Start the film in the middle of the time line and follow a squad through to some major objective. Add dashes of male aggression, a romantic interest, a friendly Vortigaunt and a Strider or two, shoot it Saving Private Ryan-style, and you've gotta yourself a fuckin' blockbuster.

I could actually see that. Probably one of the few actors that could really pull that kind of thing off.

Indeed, he would make a perfect Gordon Freeman. Also as someone said before me Morgan Freeman would have to be Ely Vance. Michelle Rodriguez could play Alex Vance possibly:D

I could actually see that. Probably one of the few actors that could really pull that kind of thing off.

Yeah, I think it would work. He looks smart and beat-up enough:

rdj.jpg

There needs to be a movie PERIOD. I understand that maybe it would be a better idea to start a movie in the HL storyline around the middle. I think this would really kick it up a notch and would bring great interest if its done right.

Did any of you guys watch "Children of Men"? I know that the movie wasn't the greatest but the part where they are running around the city and people are shooting up all kinds of shit, made me think about HL. i hadn't played HL2 in forever and because of that scene the next day I opened my 5 years old account to play a little.

Back