When does the next wave of PCs come out?

Phattio

Weaksauce
When does the next wave of PCs come out in retail stores such as CompUSA, Best Buy, Circuit City, etc.?

Um, yeah, that would help.

Interesting side note though. I heard a CompUSA commercial on the radio this morning. Evidevtally they're going to start selling Vista at 12am on Monday, and they want to install it for you...... so I guess your supposed to haul your rig down to them, and they will install Vista for you. Here's the funny part.

If you don't like it, they'll un-install it.

Notice the period there? Yeah, they'll un-install it and that's it:) Sounds like a really great deal....

To the op, I would think with the release of Vista, big box stores will have a whole bunch of shiny new "Vista" machines on the shelves in the next few days, but rather they are really any different than what they had last week.... well

Thanks digital_exhaust. That's also what I figured. No, the hardware will not change drastically. I guess what I meant by next wave of PCs is Vista installed.

Velocity Micro has added Vista Premium to most of their computers as of today.

Thank you donster. I'm strongly considering a Velocity Micro from Best Buy for several reasons. 1.) My last build was a nightmare 2.) Instant gratification 3.) The HP's have a MB with 1 x PCI-E x16 not 2 4.) The HP's have slower memory 5.) If I have a problem, my Best Buy is less than a mile away

If I bought one now (w/ XP on it), I wonder how much of a deal it is to receive a Vista upgrade coupon (I'm in no hurry to move to Vista.)

And here is the answer:

http://velocitymicro.com/vista_upgrade_bb.php

which is probably what all the companies are doing basically.

New PCs with XP may be hard to find in retail stores come Monday morning. The ones they have in stock are being discounted this weekend and they are pushing Vista awful hard for the big sales they are expecting Monday with Vista PCs.

There are still VM systems available in select BBY stores with Windows XP, and now discounted to $1299 or $1899. New arrivals will be on shelves Tuesday at $1399 and $1999. FYI.

If you go with a Velocity Micro PC, you also get some really good tech support. If I do say so myself. :D

(We provide in-house support for both our Best Buy customers and people who purchase direct from us.)

Back