when did this become the bf2 forum?

Dome

2[H]4U
i mean i can understand a new game coming out and it being exciting and all but is it just me or is every single thread about bf2 in this forum.

would it be posssible to start like a mega-thread or even a sub forum maybe?

I know, its VERY annoying. Same thing in the Display forum, its a Dell LCD whore house over there.

Dome said:
i mean i can understand a new game coming out and it being exciting and all but is it just me or is every single thread about bf2 in this forum.

would it be posssible to start like a mega-thread or even a sub forum maybe?

it became the bf2 forum right after it became the half-life 2 forum... and before that the doom 3 forum... and before that whatever game was big before that... (etc etc etc)

this is the gaming section. alot are trying to figure out whats going on with bf2. i for one come here looking for answers to problems im having with my new rig. sometimes i get them sometimes i dont. ill come here tommorrow and see how the patch is working. let others try it first see if its stable or not lol.

The last time I looked, this was the gaming forum. As far as I can tell, BF2 is a game . . . I'm starting to see the connection . . .

/sarcasm

There's no need for a subforum. As sniper said, every big game is like this. It'll eventually die down.

Too bad it's not the CMR2005 forum...

Give it time. Once the bugs are worked out and people are happier playing the game than bitching about bugs/crappy aiming/lack of unlocks, they'll well... Play more than post?

Apparently there aren't any other games worth talking about other than BF2 and WoW.

’m‚³‚ñ said:
Too bad it's not the CMR2005 forum...

Give it time. Once the bugs are worked out and people are happier playing the game than bitching about bugs/crappy aiming/lack of unlocks, they'll well... Play more than post?

Actually, they are playing AND posting, because the game rocks, warts and all. Sure, it's come down to a vehicle fragging fest, but hey, there's a few gunshots exchanged here and there. :D

:rolleyes:

This is the "Games & Gaming Equipment" section. Battlefield 2 happens to be the hot game right now, that is why you see an abundance of BF2 threads. If BF2 does not interest you, or you have seen enough BF2 threads then make a new thread of your own or don't read the BF2 threads.

Bitching about how there are many BF2 threads in Gaming forum is pointless, and besides ... didn't you just start another BF2 thread with this one ?

Dome said:

Including this one :D

It's normal. When BF1942 came out, this was the BF1942 forum. When UT 2003/2004 came out, it was the UT2003/2004 forum. When Doom 3 came out, I was like OMFG this is the Doom 3 forum. When HL2 came out, it was the HL2 forum. It will die down after a short while. :)

In the case of HL2 and Doom3, there were no where near as many threads but they went on for dozens of pages.

BF2 may have the same number of posts but it's only about one or two pages per thread. That's a lot of threads. That kind of pattern does make the forum seem crowded.

when did this not be a forum? :D hehe but yeah! it ain't that good but it seems to be inundating a few

I played the demo and was just not that impressed.

but the real one is better yada yada yada....

Maybe I'll get BF2 in a few months when the bugs are worked out.

But maybe not. I never played BF1942 either.

Happens every big game release. Simmer down. Click through a couple more pages... it's not that hard. ;) Most every BF2 thread I seen so far is marked clear as day.

OrionNT said:
Yes, BF2 and the Dell 2405 ownz joo!

Do your haxors look perfect? You just using the 2 +sxy and +szy or whatever the heck on the shortcut?

Sorry for the double post. Meant to edit.

Stereophile said:
I played the demo and was just not that impressed.

but the real one is better yada yada yada....

Maybe I'll get BF2 in a few months when the bugs are worked out.

But maybe not. I never played BF1942 either.

Never played BF42? Man you lost out big time. That's by far the funnest online game going hands down.

EricDawg said:
Never played BF42? Man you lost out big time. That's by far the funnest online game going hands down.

lmao That's most of why I play it. It's funny as hell watching someone crash an A10 into the side of a bunker, then just hop out of it and get hit by a tank (driven by a teammate none-the-less).

’m‚³‚ñ said:
lmao That's most of why I play it. It's funny as hell watching someone crash an A10 into the side of a bunker, then just hop out of it and get hit by a tank (driven by a teammate none-the-less).

I hated Battlefield 1942 with a passion, I found it very boring and very very sluggish....

Battlefield 2 on the other hand feels like a completely different game, its awesome.

Tengis said:
I hated Battlefield 1942 with a passion, I found it very boring and very very sluggish....

Battlefield 2 on the other hand feels like a completely different game, its awesome.

That's how I felt about the "original" BF1942 without Desert Combat. When I started playing dc, I could never go back to normal BF1942.

magnetik said:
That's how I felt about the "original" BF1942 without Desert Combat. When I started playing dc, I could never go back to normal BF1942.

I didnt like Desert Combat that much either, although I did like it better.

’m‚³‚ñ said:
Desert Combat made the game worth playing for me.

BF2 makes it worth playing... I dont know what about it makes it feel so much better though. I think the fact that you can sprint makes it seem alot more realistic for some reason....

I have no idea... BF2 is just better, period. The squad system is awesome, as well as the commander stuff. It makes the game feel like your actually a part of something, rather than just a d00d.

Tengis said:
BF2 makes it worth playing... I dont know what about it makes it feel so much better though. I think the fact that you can sprint makes it seem alot more realistic for some reason....

I have no idea... BF2 is just better, period. The squad system is awesome, as well as the commander stuff. It makes the game feel like your actually a part of something, rather than just a d00d.

If I want to feel like I'm a part of something, then I play CoD. :p

’m‚³‚ñ said:
If I want to feel like I'm a part of something, then I play CoD. :p

I didnt like CoD either... :D

WW2 got burnt out for me a while ago.

Tengis said:
I didnt like CoD either... :D

WW2 got burnt out for me a while ago.

I was being sarcastic lol

Going to start back into UT. How I missed that game...

’m‚³‚ñ said:
I was being sarcastic lol

Going to start back into UT. How I missed that game...

Ahhh... I figured you were just stupid... lol.

UT2k4 was sweet, but got old

Tengis said:
Ahhh... I figured you were just stupid... lol.

UT2k4 was sweet, but got old

I'm getting sick of DM/TDM/CTF type gameplay, and COOP is just plain a PITA. Going to do some bombing run.

I stuped? hoW woulda thunk it?

’m‚³‚ñ said:
I'm getting sick of DM/TDM/CTF type gameplay, and COOP is just plain a PITA. Going to do some bombing run.

I stuped? hoW woulda thunk it?

PITA?

There needs to be more coop games NOW! I dont understand why companies dont capitalize on how much people enjoy coop. Everyone I know loves a game with good coop mode... one game comes to mind, that was not really even a good game. Judge Dred vs Death. Me and my friends beat the game... why? Because the coop made the game bearable and fun.

HL2 coop would be teh shizzle, as well as Farcry. There is a Farcry coop mod out, but it barely works. Sven Coop is going to be sexy.

it was easy to ignore the hl2 and d3 threads because they were fewer and longer, look at the topic list and just about every single thread has to deal w/ bf2, they can't all be talking about something different

Tengis said:
PITA?

There needs to be more coop games NOW! I dont understand why companies dont capitalize on how much people enjoy coop. Everyone I know loves a game with good coop mode... one game comes to mind, that was not really even a good game. Judge Dred vs Death. Me and my friends beat the game... why? Because the coop made the game bearable and fun.

HL2 coop would be teh shizzle, as well as Farcry. There is a Farcry coop mod out, but it barely works. Sven Coop is going to be sexy.

I'm talking COOP like in BF1942. :p

Back