Wheel Stand Pro V2

BecauseScience

[H]ard|Gawd
Anybody use one? Care to comment on it? Any better alternatives?

I need the ability to fold flat(ish).

Wheel_Stand_Pro_Deluxe_V2_Logitech_G29_G920__94471.1480094275.500.500.jpg

http://www.wheelstandpro.us/g29-deluxe-for-logitech-g27-g25-g29-g920-wheels-deluxe-v2/

Sorry havent used it but I did just the other day find out about them! I picked up Dirt Rally and fucking love it so much that I'm going to get a wheel system and everything that comes along with it.

Didnt look at chairs yet but I did definitely settle on the wheel stand pro for either the TM or the Logitech. I dont see any other options without making something custom.

I was also looking into e brake mods and they seem a little extensive with soldering and what not. Ive seen some custom stuff from sim drivers that sell an ebrake and sequential shifter kit. That would be great.

If you find out anything more about stands I would be curious as well.

Reactions: muz_j
like this
Anybody use one? Care to comment on it? Any better alternatives?
I need the ability to fold flat(ish).

...can I ask what the appeal is of that at all ?
I get the idea of using a racing seat in a frame and mounting your monitor on it, but personally I just have a reasonably adjustable office chair on wheels, and mount my wheel to the front of my computer desk. It's at a perfect height for me and I have my monitor sitting as close as possible behind the wheel. Pedals live under my desk and I find they don't get in the way. I don't find anything moves when gaming.
When the wheel's not in use, I move it to the side of the desk, at a 90 degree angle to where it normally lives and it's moved back a bit.
I find that's a good setup and I can plug the wheel in and move it into position in about 30 seconds if I want to use it.

Is your desk or PC area not suitable for a wheel?
...you could consider making one for cheap too. I've seen some good DIY guides online, including this one that uses plastic tubing:

I picked up Dirt Rally and fucking love it so much that I'm going to get a wheel system and everything that comes along with it.

Dirt Rally is lots of fun. Probably my favorite Rally game to date :)

...can I ask what the appeal is of that at all ?
I get the idea of using a racing seat in a frame and mounting your monitor on it, but personally I just have a reasonably adjustable office chair on wheels, and mount my wheel to the front of my computer desk. It's at a perfect height for me and I have my monitor sitting as close as possible behind the wheel. Pedals live under my desk and I find they don't get in the way. I don't find anything moves when gaming.
When the wheel's not in use, I move it to the side of the desk, at a 90 degree angle to where it normally lives and it's moved back a bit.
I find that's a good setup and I can plug the wheel in and move it into position in about 30 seconds if I want to use it.

Is your desk or PC area not suitable for a wheel?

The appeal is that I can easily fold up a stand and stash it away. I don't want to leave my racing crap on/under my desk 24/7.

I'd pay $1000 before I'd spend an afternoon cutting & gluing PVC pipe but thanks for the option. :)

The appeal is that I can easily fold up a stand and stash it away. I don't want to leave my racing crap on/under my desk 24/7.

I'd pay $1000 before I'd spend an afternoon cutting & gluing PVC pipe but thanks for the option. :)
Having the extra wires and everything there are quite annoying. And moving a 20lb pedal set out of the way often is quite the chore.

Having the extra wires and everything there are quite annoying. And moving a 20lb pedal set out of the way often is quite the chore.

The wires are the worst. I plan to ziptie the wires to the wheel stand. Worth the price of admission for that alone.

I bought one.

The stand is heavy (good!) and well built. Took me about 10 minutes to mount my wheel, shifter, and pedals using the included hardware. I was able to zip tie all of the wires so they're nice and neat whether the stand is folded up for storage or set up for play. It folds up and telescopes down to a handy little package even with everything installed. Easily stows in a shallow closet. Takes about 20 seconds to pull it from the closet and set it up for play. The stand is solid when set up for play. My pedals no longer slide away from my feet like they did when they were freeballin'. I got pretty much everything I was looking for. My only minor gripe is that the pole holding the wheel could stand to have an additional 3-4 inches of travel but it's good enough.

It shipped fast.

Thumbs up.

Back