Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Risen

Votes: 9 2.3%
  • Other - please specify...

Votes: 48 12.2%

• Total voters

spicey

Supreme [H]ardness
All games listed were released in the last calendar year.

Last edited:
I guess i'm a year late ... Fallout 3 was my 2009 game of the year. ;-)

NFS Shift for me.

It has consumed more of my personal time than any other game. I haven't played Dragon Age yet, though.

Last edited:
Demigod with Plants vs Zombies a close second.

o9la8o.jpg

I just realized that I haven't got any of those huge games from 2009. Seriously I've never played all those listed

I guess my choice would be plants vs zombie. yep

Anybody remember Mirror's Edge? Maybe not.

I did consider it as it was out in Jan/Feb, loved the game - it was original and a breath of fresh air. It was so long ago it felt like last years game for some reason. I didn't think anyone would remember it, I was wrong ;)

I have so many... cant choose so i will make a list

Plants vs Zombie
Madballs in babo: invasion
Mirrors edge

Other.

I believe Dawn of War 2 released in February or March. Definintely GOTY for me but I haven't played any of the games listed besides the L4D2 demo. I did play/beat/enjoy Mirror's Edge and I'd give it a "most original" award but it was a bit lacking overall.

I spent alot of this year playing last years games and sticking to old multiplayer favorites (TF2 wooo!).

Dragon Age : Origins. all the way. On my second playthrough now.

I loved COJ;Bound in Blood, up to the point where I lost my Multiplayer unlocks because of a bad backup/reformat. I have played almost all on that list, except Batman, and the "FUN" factor was COJ:BB. This is IMO of course.

Last edited:
Not going to vote because I haven't played a lot that i'd like to. Of those that I have played it would be MW2.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

Other.

I believe Dawn of War 2 released in February or March. Definintely GOTY for me but I haven't played any of the games listed besides the L4D2 demo. I did play/beat/enjoy Mirror's Edge and I'd give it a "most original" award but it was a bit lacking overall.

I spent alot of this year playing last years games and sticking to old multiplayer favorites (TF2 wooo!).

Dawn of War II would have to be GOTY for me right now because as I recall it's the only game that I played that was released in 2009... most of my time this year was spent playing Fallout 3, Oblivion with Mods, GRID and MotoGP 08 so yeah I tend to run a bit late with games sometimes.

MW2 is my GOTY. I just finished it and loved every minute of it. Essentially, it was a Vince Flynn novel set to a video game. I don't give a dry fuck if certain people around here think I'm not a "serious gamer" for liking MW2. Serious is a word I associate with important matters, not gaming. I game for entertainment and MW2 delivered big time for me.

I voted for Dragon Age even though I haven't played it yet. Batman AA was a cool game but I don't know how I'd like playing it with kb/m.

should be able to play BAA just fine with KB/M, a friend of mine played it that way and it didn't look like he was having any problems with it, he beat the game.

no Hawx?!?! lol.

I will nominate Killing Floor as GOTY. It may not be the latest in graphics. It really depends on the map, but they are pretty good still, and less 'cheesy' than L4D IMO. The 'corroded movie' effect really adds to the whole experience. You DO get alot of bang for the buck however. The gameplay is great (better than L4D IMO), the teamwork mechanics is well done, and the monsters are well rounded & still get my heart going sometimes... even after playing for months and months. The weapons are just plain fun too... anyone who thinks L4D deserves to be GOTY should try Killing Floor for a while and tell me if that doesnt change their mind. L4D could learn a few things from KF. Oh, and did I mention that KF is still being expanded? Small add-on's are available and the game itself is being constantly updated and improved.

Modern Warfare 2? What a joke. All hype, and some substance, but huge mistakes were made in its design. If dedicated servers aren't added soon, this game is going to go down as the biggest letdown of the year. FWIW, I have been looking in the code, and there IS a framework built into the game already for dedicated servers (maybe not complete, but several parts in the code make mention of dedicated servers and server browser info).

Dawn of War 2 is pretty sweet. GOTY sweet? I dont know. I still like DoW1 better... I like the more epic scale... not to mention DoW2 cut out some of the better species to play, IMO.

Killing Floor sucked. It was as disappointing as Left 4 Dead 1 and 2 were.

Dragon Age: Origins. Yes, it reeks of Lord of the Rings, but this is as close to a true CRPG as you can get.

I have to give it to DA:O. I have been waiting for a hardcore RPG like this for many years. Batman is a damn close second for me though, played through all difficulty settings twice on that one.

Plants Vs Zombies, logged over 50 hours lol

Same! Talk about cheap entertainment for the dollar. You usually can't beat $0.20 an hour for non-mmo's.

Although my vote was for DAO, I really wished I had picked up batman for $25 during the steam one day sale.

Batman: AA for pure polish all around from every direction.

They had a clear vision of what they wanted to create and executed every point beautifully. Even the /camera-work/ was so good that I was stunned and forced to take notice of the superiority in execution, especially in this notoriously difficult area.

Other games may beat it in sheer size, other games may beat it in terms of popularity. But in terms of quality? I'm behind Batman:AA all the way.

Killing Floor sucked. It was as disappointing as Left 4 Dead 1 and 2 were.

I can think of a few ways L4D 1 was a disappointment

1) no DLC by Valve except a half assed Crash Course when we were told we'd get all kinds of new campaigns, that was a big bust for us.

2) Matchmaking is terrible in this game, you have to open a server browser list just to find servers where you won't single red bar while playing. Valve should know better than to dumb down for PC gamers, we made them who they are.

3) Versus mode was a good idea, but in pubs, it blows because of all the ragequitters. But not only that, it's way too easy to camp in closets or fortified positions where the infected have no chance of getting ya.

4) griefers in Expert mode, people join just to kill everyone and then leave, forcing people to restart

other than that, it's a rather good game, 3 things on this list can be solved by playing with friends, the first item on my list, Valve blew a big one.

BUT, i did have all kinds of fun playing L4D1 for like 3 months after it released (I bought it the first week it was out and played it nonstop)

After that, it seemed like the online experience went downhill.

Only because I had so much fun with the first L4D for 3 months, is the only reason i picked up L4D2, and even then, I bought it at the expansion pack price I felt it warranted, $30.

L4D2 is an improvement in some ways, but I don't think it'll get much love from Valve either, but for $30, it's not going to disappoint. At the $49.99 price point, i'm sure it would.

Back