What's your opinion of Darkfall Online?

What's your opinion of Darkfall Online?

• Total voters
I remember when Vanguard was supposed to kill all other MMOs.

Oh... yeah...

Anyway, the graphics look like crap (let's face it, I don't want to trade my social life in for a virtual reality filled with muddy textures are awkward looking animations) and this whole "aim everything" philosophy might make it a lagfest...

Not threadcrapping, just saw nothing great about it... unless this is a sarcastic thread?

It will revolutionize the MMORPG genre, just like Shadowbane, Horizons, AoC, etc. etc.

Not getting my hopes up really. I mean, look at this list of proposed features:

1.) Largest world in any MMO Currently out or in Production (Twice as large)

2.) At the same time, seamless world with NO Loading screens whatsoever. All of it handcrafted in all detail.

3.) Advanced AI that will make Monsters have their own "societies" Player actions will have effect on the creatures ecology (making it possible to actually eradicate certain creatures from an area).

4.) Ship combat with fully walkable ships, each crewmember manning guns and whatnot.

5.) Mounts that are not just mounts but companions with their own AI.

6.) Intuitive Skillsystem with 500 Unique skills and 500 Spells at launch alone.

7.) Crafting System that will put others to shame, with -EVERY- item in the world being craftable.

8.) FPS Style Massive Combat with 200 people on screen while still getting 60+ FPS from an average computer with 200+FPS during normal loads.

9.) 10000+ players on one server, in ONE world, no zones, no nothing.

Really? Wow. The last company that tried something remotely similar was shut down after they made their game known as Vanguard and we all know how that game turned out. The followers seemed really hyped about this game when the team hasn't really showed or promised anything. Amazing really. Someone on another forum said it best:

"It's a bit like watching a small crowd of people staring at a brick wall thinking it's one of those Magic Eye puzzles."

I agree.

"It's a bit like watching a small crowd of people staring at a brick wall thinking it's one of those Magic Eye puzzles."

lol true and sadly an accurate analogy. I wish there was a good one coming. I am starting to really believe that gaming just plain sucks atm. No great games have been released in 2 years now. Argue that sure but it is true. When was the last time you got totally sucked in like with WoW? For me, it was the battlefield series but that is dead for now and who knows wtf bf3 will be like?

I am a sad panda but funny ass analogy!

it HAS potential... when I first read abuot that game I was completly hooked to it and was really looking forward to playing it... that was hm.. 2 years ago?

there's like no updates no news, nothing.

I think it's dead.
Sucks cuz as I said, it had potential.

Was watching this for a while, then I realized, it wasn't changing, and no new news was being released.

This game appears to be dead.

Updates are release sporadically. There have been a couple explanations provided for the lack up information.

1. The developers want everyone to be on a level playing field when the game first comes out. This means no beta until they are ready to release.

2. No information about spells, abilities, or stats will be published on their website ever. Players will have to either discover this information for themselves or use a third party site.

3. No PR staff. Aventurine is a small company consisting mainly of developers. They have made the choice to focus on the game rather than create hype.

4. Making no promises guarantees no disappointments. The developers have stated that they would rather promise little and surpass what was promised than vice versa.

I have watched this game for several years, and I have seen quite a bit of promise in the last several months. I have little doubt that they have to release this year or there will be no hope for them. It is my opinion that Darkfall will deliver, but I have little to back that up with. There should be a game play video this week or next that should answer a lot of questions surrounding this game.

wow! :eek: , this looks unreal! I hope it has everything they say it does.

Regardless that there are beta signups, I'm still skeptical this game would come out. They had clan beta sign ups a few YEARS ago and the result of that was them canceling it. I like the little jab about "vaporware trolls" being owned. Once the game is on shelves, then I'll eat my words. I suppose I could say that about WAR as well but let's think of the last time that a big budget MMO was canceled <before> release. I got nothing.

Now, having said that if by some act of God this game does come out (I still think it won't), I predict it's going to be full of bugs and exploits galore. There was another MMO hyped into the atmosphere by the name of Dark and Light. It was hyped to be THE MMO and especially the MMO for PvP. A lot of people said it wasn't going to come out, however. It did and those "vaporware trolls" were wrong once again. The game came out and is buggy and fully of exploits. Some people even paid $200 for a lifetime subscription. That sucks, since the game is now free to play.

Anyway, I haven't seen anything to make me
A) want to waste my time with this game and
B) anything that shows me it's actually coming out

Maybe if they were at GC in Germany or some reports of other journalists actually playing it or seeing a demo from the offices. Oh well.

^ what makes anybody that think this is 'vaporware' a troll? Kind of childish isnt it?

Anyways in my opinion this game will flop if released at all. Just like Vanguard and AOC. Let us not mention how crappy Vanguard was after it promised so much. I actually played in beta for that POS... I still laugh to this day.

wow you guys have been drinking your [H]aterade. Im lookin forward to it.

Back