What's your most anticipated game release for 2012?

Which game are you looking foward to in 2012?

• Black Ops 2

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Farcry 3

Votes: 10 5.7%
  • Borderlands 2

Votes: 42 23.9%
  • Guild Wars 2

Votes: 54 30.7%
  • Planetside 2

Votes: 31 17.6%
  • Assassin's Creed 3

Votes: 7 4.0%
  • Halo 4

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Darksiders 2

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Xcom Enemy Unknown (turn based)

Votes: 16 9.1%
  • Hitman Absolution

Votes: 11 6.3%

• Total voters

Johnked6

[H]ard|Gawd
The year is halfway over but there are still lots of new titles waiting to be released. Which single title are you looking forward to most of all?

It's a tough call for me, but I'd have to say Planetside 2. If PS2 can capture the magic of the original it's a game I'll be playing for the next several years.

Hitman and AC3. Nothing else has really gotten my attention.

Except the new X-Com, the strategy one, but that is released in 2013, no?

Gotta say Hitman Absolution. The little bit I've seen of it looks awesome.

X-com has an October release date.

Then that game is the most anticipated game of 2012. I except many sleepless nights. :)

Why I remembered the release date to be 2013. Mixed it with the postponed XCOM shooter I guess.

I'm hoping Heart of the Swarm can make it this year! <---- And that's me dreaming.

nothing in that list really stands out.. its the year of sequels..

if i had to pick on it'd have to be Xcom

Nothing for me this year. I'm just keeping any eye on some of them, if they are good, I'll put them in my "will buy" list :p.

But none of them are in my "must buy" list.

Hitman, new Halo, AC3 and possibly Heart of Swarm.... Because when HoS is launched, it will be only about 3 years to get Protoss addon and see conclusion to campaign :)

Been playing in the Beta Events for GW2 and I'm looking forward to it immensely. Torchlight 2 is a close second.

Wow, where's Dishonored?

Dishonored, Borderlands 2, AC3, and Hitman. Just these games alone guarantee a sick amount of my free time flushed down the toilet. The wildcard there for me is Planetside 2. That could be shockingly good and be the first MMO type game even I jump in for if it delivers the goods.

No question my wallet and free time are in serious jeopardy beginning in September with the advent of Borderlands 2.

Darksiders 2 is another wild card to keep an eye on. Despite myself...yup, even Far Cry 3 could be a wild card. Most likely these two games slip into 2013 for me as "in between huge titles" sale purchases if they're good.

Voted for Guild Wars 2 since I know I'll be picking it up. Also excited for Borderlands 2 and new X-COM, but those purchases are not set in stone.

Not sure if it is coming out this year but it is the only one I am really anticipating but it is not on your list so I did not vote. GTAV.

List has too many numbers :)p). That and most of the games are crap.

Games I'm looking forward too? Watch Dogs, Beyond Two Souls, GTA V, new Tomb Raider, The Last of Us, Metro Last Light, Star Wars 1313, Resident Evil 6, SimCity, Aliens: Colonial Marines, NFS: Most Wanted, and Dishonored.

So, your list is fail. Not being an ass at all, I rarely am, but I gotta call'em like I see'em! Every game I mentioned deserves to be on any gamers list.

I mean, Black Ops 2? Really?

List has too many numbers :)p). That and most of the games are crap.

Games I'm looking forward too? Watch Dogs, Beyond Two Souls, GTA V, new Tomb Raider, The Last of Us, Metro Last Light, Star Wars 1313, Resident Evil 6, SimCity, Aliens: Colonial Marines, NFS: Most Wanted, and Dishonored.

So, your list is fail. Not being an ass at all, I rarely am, but I gotta call'em like I see'em! Every game I mentioned deserves to be on any gamers list.

I mean, Black Ops 2? Really?

I seriously doubt half of those are coming out this year. Probably why they weren't mentioned.

I seriously doubt half of those are coming out this year. Probably why they weren't mentioned.

Yeah, you're probably right...my mind is thinking E3 2012 announcements = 2012 releases.

My bad.

List is better now, but still, so many rehashes and done ideas. Makes me feel sick/sad for the current gaming environment.

My most anticipated game isn't even a retail release,it's the Lost Alpha mod. Borderlands 2 might be good,if they actually give it a decent storyline this time. Farcry 3? Who knows,I like the open world aspect but it's hard to forget the disaster that the last one was. Prey 2 looked promising,but at this point I don't know if it will even get made.

Yeah, you're probably right...my mind is thinking E3 2012 announcements = 2012 releases.

My bad.

List is better now, but still, so many rehashes and done ideas. Makes me feel sick/sad for the current gaming environment.

Eh, idk. Outside of Halo 4 and Black Ops 2 (it's done, move the fuck on, these two series need to die now), all of the other games on the list look promising and worth the wait. I know some are re-hashes, but they look to be continually interesting, unlike Call of Duty, with it's, well, let's not go there (unending garbage).

Borderlands 2, Torchlight 2 are my picks. Got Torchlight already on pre-order... :D

Resident Evil 6 (demo just hit 360 today) release date 10/2/12
Dishonored has a release date 10/9/12

The rest were delayed or always 2013.

Wow, where's Dishonored?

Darksiders 2 is another wild card to keep an eye on. Despite myself...yup, even Far Cry 3 could be a wild card. Most likely these two games slip into 2013 for me as "in between huge titles" sale purchases if they're good.

Transformers: War of Cybertron was an underrated title with amazing multilplayer. Any G1 Transformers fan should check it out. That said, I have high hopes for Transformers: Fall of Cybertron.

Resident Evil 6 (demo just hit 360 today) release date 10/2/12
Dishonored has a release date 10/9/12

The rest were delayed or always 2013.

Sticking to the "more than half" still, a lot of those aren't going to see 2012 releases. Though I wish GTA V was coming out this year.

dishonored should be included probably.... through watch dogs on there and its over

dishonored should be included probably.... through watch dogs on there and its over

I'm going to place my chips on the table and say Watchdogs is DEFINITELY not coming out this year.

The only must-buys for me are Borderlands 2 and Torchlight 2 (already purchased).

I'll consider GW2 when the price drops to $40. I really didn't get into GW 1 much.

GW2. I'm moving to a new place soon and my requirement was to be able to move far enough in advance of 8/28 so I can make sure internet is set up by then.

Back