What's your most anticipated game release for 2012?

Which game are you looking foward to in 2012?

• Black Ops 2

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Farcry 3

Votes: 10 5.7%
  • Borderlands 2

Votes: 42 23.9%
  • Guild Wars 2

Votes: 54 30.7%
  • Planetside 2

Votes: 31 17.6%
  • Assassin's Creed 3

Votes: 7 4.0%
  • Halo 4

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • Darksiders 2

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Xcom Enemy Unknown (turn based)

Votes: 16 9.1%
  • Hitman Absolution

Votes: 11 6.3%

• Total voters
I have to go with Starbound.

I will probably end up playing Borderlands 2 and Mech Warrior Online as well. Planetside 2 looks pretty good, too, if it comes out this year.

Mechwarrior online is gonna be a blast from the past. Can't wait. Out of all the games on these lists, its not listed and looks to me IMO to be the most replayable and fun. :)

Was hard for me to answer this, I am waiting / anticipating Borderlands 2 and Guild Wars 2. ;)
Also, not listed is Hawken (12.12.12)

Looking at this list makes me realize I'm not much of a gamer anymore. :( Planetside 2 should be fun, but even that I don't know if I will get it right away.

Of that list... Planetside 2 hands down! The more I see of this game the more it's impressing me. Can't wait to check out the new Sins of A solar empire though

Guild Wars 2 all the way. Been following for years and played both BWE's. Definitely living up to expectations and more.

Borderlands 2 for me, but im also excited about PoE hopefully bring completed and given a wide release. The beta is alot of fun

Of that list the only one I am looking forward to (but don't care for too much) is Far Cry 3. Borderlands 2 would come in next. I would not mind trying Halo 4, but I have not played 3/Reach/ODST as I lack a 360. Needless to say, I won't be getting it.

Everything else on that list I don't care about. In fact, I do not know what most of those are.

Games I am really looking forward to are DCS MIG-21, Flaming Cliffs 3 and a sale on BF3 Premium.

Guildwars 2 with Planetside 2 a close second. I don't give a shit about any of the other games at all.

95 and 0% for BLOPS2, ha. My games, AC3, Hitman, FC3. I chose AC3 because it is the only one I truly trust I'll enjoy.

Waiting for:
Guild Wars 2 (loved guild wars 1 and I love the art style on this game so far)
Planetside 2 ("Feels like the Battle of Serenity" Said by a friend of mine, can't wait for this to be released)
Halo 4 (Halo:Reach was amazing and revitalized my want to play Halo, nice that its a different story)
Darksiders 2 (Loved the first, GoW Zelda style game with a unique story based on the four horsemen)

Not really interested in:
Borderlands 2 (tried to get into 1, couldn't but I'll try later)
Assassin's Creed 3 (not on my list only because I haven't played the others)
Hitman Absolution (From what I hear they are making it action based instead of an assassination stealth game which doesn't really interest me which they are doing with splinter cell as well)

The others aren't really even worth talking about really. That's just out of this list though.

If I had to choose out of those four that I'm interested in? Its hard, I could probably only get it down to two, GW2 and PS2. But I can't choose between the two.

Borderlands 2! Only "must buy" title on my radar. Wish to god Grim Dawn or Lineage 3 was coming out soon, already paid for GD.

Definitely looking forward to Planetside 2 the most with Hitman a close second.

its the year of sequels..

Almost every year is the year of sequels. So few original games come out is disturbing. Yes, indie developers are always creating games, but only a few of those are actually worth playing IMO.

From the list I would say Planetside 2 or Borderlands 2 would be the games I would be most likely to buy at launch. The rest will be bought on deep sales or not at all.

X:Rebirth. Though their talk of.making it easier/approachable has me scared.

Otherwise Borderlands 2 is the only thing on that list I would consider buying full price.

Borderlands 2 is probably the only game on that list I'll buy. Maybe Guild Wars 2 and Darksiders 2, but I'm not sure about those.

Assassin's Creed 3
Guild Wars 2
Dark Souls PC

Far Cry 3 is a wildcard...looks fantastic but I still have a bad taste from FC2

i guess people aren't tired of the whole elves and dragons thing. not very excited about any of those titles but planetside 2 stands out on that list. but then they made it almost like some cheesy low gravity mode for infantry :confused:

I want to say Far cry 3 but I have next to zero faith in Ubisoft so I will go with Borderlands 2. GearBox seems to be making a good effort on the PC version.

I voted Planetside 2, Hitman was a close 2nd, and LOL AT BLACK OPS 0% LOL

Borderlands 2 for sure. The first one was great in so many ways.
Cash Cow series or not, I've still enjoyed all of the Assassin's Creed games thus far. #3 looks to actually be different enough to get our attention again.
Darksiders 2 might be good, as long as it doesn't run like a dog on Nvida hardware again.

Out of all the games listed, none of the above. I'm looking to play the next big thing, and not just another rehash of more of the same.

Seriously tough call, mainly between Borderlands 2 and Guild Wars 2.

But, I'd have to say that, for certain reasons, Borderlands 2 edges-out GW2 in a few ways, so I voted accordingly.

After that, though, there are still others... Hitman and Planetside, in particular.

I'm also digging Loadout, coming this summer, supposedly.

Back