What's your favourite mobo brand?

Favorite Mobo Brand

• Total voters
ASUS and abit, all the way. Both companies make great boards that OC well and are loaded with features.

I like Epox best, just because I've had the best luck OCing and as far as stability goes. Behind that I would choose Asus or DFI, and as far as value goes, ASRock is the best by a long shot. I don't particularly like MSI but I've considered giving them a try again since they might have changed in the 6 or 7 years since I've used them.

DFi, they are all about overclocking and provide the most overclocking tweaks I have ever seen in a BIOS, and they're LanParty series are UV! :p

Been using ASUS boards since the P2B, they are pretty good. The P2B constantly freezes now though. :( My A7N8X Deluxe died like back in '03.

That is when I switched to ABIT with the NF7-S. Probably the best mobo I have ever had. Overclocked like a MOFO.(mobile Barton at 2.7ghz)

After that I've used a bunch of boards from MSI, DFI, ABIT, and ASUS. DFI boards are top notch. The MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum made me want to gouge my eyes out.(poor memory OCs, vdimm undervolted when CAS2, CPU overvolts on first boot.) The Diamond Plus wasn't half bad though.

Now I'm with the A8N32-SLi rev 1.01G, lovin it except for the warm boot issues when doing high OCing.

Asus boards have never let me down or failed to impress me feature wise.

I hate Asus boards for now. I never understand why people like their recent boards. They have way too many useless features. Instant music, A.I, parallel ports,. talking BIOS, 2 serial ports? Gimme a break. I have used both an A8N SLI Deluxe, and a P4P800SE, and they were all extremely limited on voltage selection, not to mention useless features that just ended up getting disabled. I am very glad I got rid of those boards.

Abit has been junk ever since Oskar Wu was replaced with Jonathan Wendell. Letting Fatal1ty give input in motherboard design is like letting me design a car engine. Sure I like cars and driving, but leave the tech to the engineers.

Oskar Wu relocated to DFI, and it shows. DFI is now the enthusiast company. Brand loyality is useless, board manufacturer's change over time. DFI used to be junk. Abit used to be fantasic, Asus used to be pretty good too, MSI used to be junk. Gigabyte is not half bad but like Asus, they are a little gimmicky too.

DFI, Epox, and recent MSI boards are my picks for now.

Asus is money isnt a problem, MSI usually has just as good of product and board for alot less money most times

also find MSI easier for warrenty than asus

I hate MSI with a passion. Their boards are just absolute junk, IMO.

I dunno about the p4p800se, but on my vanilla p4p, I can run something like 1.9v though a northwood, which is rediculous.

Its a real shame that you don't have intel on your poll, they make excellent, stable motherboards. Not overclocking boards, but boards to work with.

I can't choose an all time best. I've had good and bad from various companies. Biostar isn't my favorite, but my Tforce 6100 is in my XQ-Pack because there just aren't a lot of mATX 939 choices for OCing.
Abit left me all warm and fuzzy from my NF7-S v2.0: that was the best board I ever had...but I hear they aren't doing so good anymore.
Asus though...

...they used to be better. :D

I love my MSI's, and my EPoX's. Never had any experience with ASUS. Don't care for DFI (baaaad experiences), eVGA makes a good solid board too. :D

i've used Asus, DFI, MSI, Epox, and Biostar all with no problems but out of them i would pick Asus, DFI and MSI.

DFI boards are an overclocker's dream but are prone to having many issues that require constant work to keep running with the exception of the Venus, a limited issue board. My Venus is stable and has good overclocking features. I did have to Rma the board once but since it returned it's a great board.
I've had bad luck with the newer ASUS boards and for now, they are out of the picture.
My favorite MB of all time is an EPoX 9NPA+ SLI. It just runs, overclocks, not picky about components and a good bit cheaper that the others.
For everyday computing, gaming and reliability the EPoX 9NPA+SLI is #1. I suppose the rest of the EPoX line is of good quality but I have no experience with them.
I'm like everyone else and want a super butt-kicking machine but reliability must be considered.
;)

Abit - never had a problem with any Abit mobos. Abit boards are well featured, rock solid stable, fast and good overclockers. Not sure about Asus, had one DOA and haven't touched them since. Although I now have a ASrock which theoretically are Asus - oh sh*t :D

I've had good luck with Asus and Abit boards....my IC7-G was my all time favorite.....until I opened the Lanparty....this is the best mobo I have ever used/owned:)

Overall, I'd have to go with ASUS. MSI has the best board layouts, but they always have one deal-breaking bug (219 max fsb, anyone?).

My all-time favorite board, however, was my Shuttle AN35N Ultra. That board OC'd my 2500+ Barton to 2.4 Ghz, convinced my cheapo Kingston RAM that it was HyperX, and overall just kicked ass. I never should have gotten rid of that old system. :(

I used to be a huge fan of MSI, but stability on them just isn't what it once was. I'd be able to run MUCH more stable using an ASUS or DFI. board using the same voltage, RAM timings, etc. than my MSI. At the same time, MSI always has the features I want with a nice layout, too. They're also usually cheaper, too.
If they could work on stability again, I'd go back to 'em for Conroe.

where is iWill, Tyan, and SuperMicro? :confused:

FLECOM said:
where is iWill, Tyan, and SuperMicro? :confused:

Good point.

Personaly I really like abit as I have had very good luck with them. Next on the list would be asus. I've seen way too many issues with msi in the past to recomend them. DFI I can't really comment on as I have yet to really play around with one. I'll tell you though I picked up a asrock the other day to finish a spare p4 system I had parts for for a friend on the cheap and have been a little susprised. It was like the cheapest p4 intel chipset board on newegg and it had a sticker on the box saying "united overclocking technology". I laughed but hell it is running a 2.8 with a 250 fsb right now(3.5ghz). Runs stable. Haven't tried faster yet but the board doesn't have voltage adjustments so I don't think it has much more in it without a pin mod. Still kinda funny.

Ive always used MSI in every computer Ive built and never had any issues or failures, so I will continue to use them. However, Im about to upgrade to the A64 S939 side and was thinking about trying Asus.

I love Asus boards. They have tons of features, provide a solid board and OC pretty well

DFI is hands down the best Overclocker though, and their boards are pretty nice too.

MiG29TangentBoy said:
I can't choose an all time best. I've had good and bad from various companies. Biostar isn't my favorite, but my Tforce 6100 is in my XQ-Pack because there just aren't a lot of mATX 939 choices for OCing.
Abit left me all warm and fuzzy from my NF7-S v2.0: that was the best board I ever had...but I hear they aren't doing so good anymore.
Asus though...

...they used to be better. :D

best picture ever!

i've never been an asus fan, i had abits since the bx6 and my celeron 300a, then the kx7 and nf7, quality after quality made me pretty diehard, however the mind behind abit has moved to dfi, and now i run their boards and have been overall satisfied, (though they need to step up their rma dept to an erma).

also i have one of those asrock boards that have both graphic ports, i will say that for a budget board they could be an up and comer in motherboards, its a nice stable board with enough features to get by for most users and even a number of enthusiasts...their website sucks though

Foxconn becuase they are a huge OEM and make for a lot of people. I have a Foxconn in my main rig at the moment and doing 290MHz HTT and 2.9GHz from my 146 which just r0x :D I also like DFI becuase had the NF3-250 and the Ultra D and loved them both. I do like ABit and MSI for middle of the road systems and MSI do very good middle of the road boards (have had 2 MSI boards in my HTPC system and both were very stable and goodish feature sets.) ABit hasn't been the same really since the NF7-S and IC7-G series imo

Supermicro, Tyan, and IWill because I'm a duallie whore. I'm not sure what order to put them in. I have the best impression of Supermicro's products but not selling Opteron boards in retail boxes makes them hard to find and irritates me.

Not a big DFI fan, I probably won't buy them again. My answer would be Abit, but they haven't been able to create a good motherboard layout since they started with their OTES crap. So I'm going to have to go with Asus.

Back