whats your favorite gaming surface?

Sobek

2[H]4U
I just replaced my 6 year old Ratpadz GS with an XT. Still use my GS when I travel though.

hyt3k9

2[H]4U
Steelpad 5L.
Won it on another forum giveaway a few years ago. (3GM)

obs

Supreme [H]ardness
Icemat here. They literally last forever. All plastic and cloth ones i've used are crap in 6 months.

jyi786

Supreme [H]ardness
I'm absolutely amazed that not one person mentioned or uses the CS Hyde mouse pad line, which is the BEST surface you can get for a mouse. It lasts practically forever. I've had mine for 3 years now. I use it 8+ hours every day, with HEAVY usage (productivity + FPS gaming). It has not worn out, and all I simply do is oil it up with baby oil once a week. pwnage!

FinalAura

[H]ard|Gawd
Glass!

Steelseries i-2. Love it. I came from a regular $1 cloth pad to this. Takes some time to get used to, but you love it in the end. When going back to a cloth pad, It feels so sluggish/too much friction.

silentcoercion

Limp Gawd
Generally my lap. I use a trackball, but when I used a more conventional mouse, my wood desk worked fine. I like having my feet up on the desk, though, so my lap becomes the natural choice.

BladeVenom

Supreme [H]ardness
Wooden desk. It's much sturdier than a mouse pad and less likely to move around.

Thunder888

Limp Gawd
Ha-haa - here's one no one's mentioned!

I use paper, funnily enough! I keep a stack of sheets on my desk next to the rig. It's high quality printer paper with a nice sheen. Absorbs sweat and when you're done with it, you chuck it away! Almost like beer cans or women... ;)

Works great - I started using it years ago when ball mice were still the only option, as I found it kept the ball clean by absorbing sweat. Now it's all I use. Old habits, I guess.

prodigee

Gawd
wow never really thought of that seems like a good idea. Just that my printer paper is the crappy generic stuff that you get at staples, and i dont like to keep stacks of paper out on my desk :p

prtzlboy

[H]ard|Gawd
Icemat and Ratpadz XT

I was a doubter on the XT, since I had a GS and it was a totally worthless pos, but the XT has proven me wrong. It's been over a year and no signs of wear.