What's your fallback card?

My main is a 1050TI, fallback would have been my Radeon 7750 but that's about to go to a new home. I have a 5450 somewhere, but I'd probably go integrated for a while.

Old one: MX440. New (old one) is a 580...that's GTX 580, which I used to race online last night for the first time in five years. Worked fine with my 1920 x 1080P projector (DX9). Gonna need more horsepower to drive a Pimax 4K HMD though....

I don't have one. If something breaks I'll just order a new card.

RX480. My main is a 1080 non-ti. The 480 4G is in a workstation. My fall-back fall-back is a HD6870 that was in the old workstation I just decomissioned. Not worth it to sell the thing, so I'll hang onto it as an emergency card.

I have a fallback itx rig with g4560 and 1050ti from the sig below. Really nice PC that will host my main rig's 6700k and a beefier graphics card later on when time comes.

Seeing a lot of IGP in the thread... I don't know , I just can't stand them. It's probably personal bias, but to me the fonts suck, the screens are laggy. bleh.

i had r9 270x and 7870 but sold the 7870, the r9-270x is my backup now, with a 5770 in waaaaaaaaay back reserve just in case, cause i run intel, and all my mobos have vga/hdmi out so i dont see when realistically i would ever bust that thing out.

GTX 750ti if my 980ti breaks, if the 750 doesn't work I have a 5450 in a box and a GTS250 - not sure if that one works or not

Yeah I mean a lot of people don't have the luxury OR desire to keep extra crap around "just in case". But I find some people get strangely attached to their "last card" ...."I'm just going to put this baby back in the box and stash it on the shelf, just in case"

Interestingly enough, I just upgraded my 980Ti to a 1080Ti and thought about keeping the 980Ti for the simple fact that cards these days are either hard to find in stock or have inflated prices due to the current mining craze, but then I figured, the only reason I even upgraded was because the mining craze had added new value to my old card.

Now it's time to update the sig, been a while since I did that.

GeForce 460 GTX.

Yeah, I know it's dated, but it still plays all of my games at a decent level of eye candy, since I only game at 1080.

GTX 1050 Ti

I sold the 1070 and the 1060 for a good price due to the mining craze. I can't wait til this thing blows over so I can get a 1080 at the regular price.

1080's aren't really overly desirable for mining (though they are pretty good at mining ZCash).. In any case you should be able to find a 1080 for a pretty good price right now. I just picked one up used for what it seems most 1070's are going for these days.

Running 1080ti with a 980ti as a fallback and random AMD *70 cards as fallback for that (hope it never comes to that).

Sold off the 1070 for a small profit that wasn't too bad for this late in the release cycle. Back to the IGPU for a little bit :(

Right now, I'd just rip out the offending 1080Ti, and RMA it while using the surviving card. Failing that, I've still got an ASUS GeForce GTX Titan X (Maxwell) card that's not doing anything.

Visiontek HD5450 iSilence AKA the Fanless Wonder is my backup today (and preceded my GTX550Ti as the main). When I can finally pull the trigger on a GTX 1050Ti without suffering from wallet-rape, the GTX550Ti will become the backup, while the Fanless Wonder will wind up on a shelf waiting for a non-Windows 8-or-above PC with a PCI Express x16 slot. (While there are Windows 8 drivers for the HD54xx, it is still a better fit for Windows 7 and earlier - or "Hackintosh" use.)

Main is EVGA 980Ti, backup is an MSI HD 7950.

My laptop, which has a GTX1060. Not a long term fallback though, as I would get a warranty replacement ASAP.

Fallback is my portable ITX PC for 720p TV gaming with a GTX 950 which is surprisingly capable at that resolution.

Oh god lol... my fallback is a pcie 1 lane server card lol ....

I'm gonna order a 1050ti for a second gpu along with a 1080 to peimary

Old one: MX440. New (old one) is a 580...that's GTX 580, which I used to race online last night for the first time in five years. Worked fine with my 1920 x 1080P projector (DX9). Gonna need more horsepower to drive a Pimax 4K HMD though....

There's still some GTX 580 love here. That's also my replacement card, except my main card is still an HD5870. Not playing FPS makes it so that you can play just about any other game on an old card. The GTX 580 is actually faster, and has 50% more memory, but neither of these are enough to make a difference because you need 2GB VRAM regardless of GPU power these days.

750Ti since my second soon to be RMA'd 970 is going back then it will be my fall back card.Now I just have to decide to spend 200-300 on a card whose usage will be 75% reading web pages.

I would just be out of commission for a few days until I bought one from another [H]'er. Intel integrated graphics woohoo!

Back