Whats wrong with my internet?

Max-Powers

Gawd
A bit ago my internet went out. It is back now, but like half the webpages won't load. Such as facebook and other random web pages. Google and all of its searches come up. Pandora works. A bandwidth speed test shows I am at a good speed. Gizmodo only shows up as text. Whats up with this? Could my cable provider be messed up? I have Lawton Fidelity.

DNS routing issues either at the ISP end or on your setup. You may need to dump all of your connections, reboot the modem and router and flush the dns on the PC.

yep, reboot the modem. I am betting the DNS servers changed addresse and the modem might not have picked them up properly when the connection came back on.

Same for the router.

Rather than simply powering down the cable modem, pull the power plug itself for 30 seconds then plug it back in. On some models the power switch isn't enough.

Rather than simply powering down the cable modem, pull the power plug itself for 30 seconds then plug it back in. On some models the power switch isn't enough.

Yeah a lot of model's power switch is actually just a standby switch. You're just putting the modem to sleep. You need to yank the power plug and count to 30 and plug it back in.

Back