What's wrong with my color Laser printer?

colinstu

2[H]4U
I have a Dell 3100cn color laser I bought years ago.

I have replaced two of toners recently, but the color printing has been garbage for years now. I know there's more going on then toner problems... fuser? drum? Can anyone make anything of this?

I print this:
colorsd.png

and get this:
col26501.jpg

Okay, the picture does no justice, but it's pretty awful... and lots of problems.

Lots of different banding problems... no color... too dark... vertical... horizontal.

Then there are those little series of colored dots.

Then 10 columns (2 rows) of little white smears.

What is messed up with this color laser printer? What can I replace/clean/check?

I know I should probably print some CMYK colors. Let me try that too.

Is it clean inside the printer? Some of the lasers at my work do this because they are chalked full of toner dust.

I'd get the small white vertical smearing you see at the bottom of the pages when we transport our Dell 3100.
Takes a few pages before it goes away.

Which carts did you just replace?

That smearing hasn't gone away in about 1-2 years, and never move the printer. The smearing does vary page to page, but it's always there in some way. What is causing the smearing?

I can't remember which one was changed. I think it was the cyan, but I swore I installed it correctly.

if the printer has ethernet plug it in, and visit it's website. ours have supply monitoring and will tell you if it needs any supplies on the website

if the printer has ethernet plug it in, and visit it's website. ours have supply monitoring and will tell you if it needs any supplies on the website

Yup, I have this connected over the network (with ethernet) and I do remember the printer webpage. Will check this.

Back