whats up with your ds lately?

arr4ws

Supreme [H]ardness
What are you guys playing lately? Ive just finished castlevania POR and do not know what to play! so ... whats in your ds right now?

Mine's been sitting in the corner collecting dust lately... not enough time to play it and I havent really found anything I wanna play.. I got to the end of Castlevania DOS and have 99.2% of the game unlocked, but i just cant beat that last damn boss no matter what I do... Maybe once I finally do that, i'll pick up POR.

My hinge cracked as I was camping in the cold for a Wii on launch day. It's not perfect now and I've had a hard time touching it. I need to ship it in to get it fixed.

Lots of Final Fantasy III DS. I find myself idly grinding up jobs while watching reruns of Law & Order. Multitasking FTW!

I just got a flash card and I've been playing tons of stuff lately. Final Fantasy III is awesome. So is Yoshi's Story, New Super Mario Brothers, Trace Memory, Advance Wars: Dual Strike, Mario 64 DS, the newest Kirby game (forget name, not canvas curse). Also, I play a bunch of snes games on it too like Zelda, Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana, Mario All Stars, Mario RPG... etc. I have to recharge the battery every day, sometimes twice a day.

Yeah, I got Castlevania POR for Christmas. Good game, just the right level of difficulty, but a little short and repetitious toward the end. The final paintings are more or less clones of earlier ones. Still, I had a blast playing it.
I figure I'll likely pick up DOS at some point, although with Symphony coming out on the 360, I might not for a little while.

Lots of Final Fantasy III DS. I find myself idly grinding up jobs while watching reruns of Law & Order. Multitasking FTW!
I was just doing that the other day, but watching Scrubs instead!

After that, I'll probably move on to Partners in Time, and finish up my game for that.

Back and forth between Portrait of Ruin (Finished normal twice, hard once, working on Richiter mode and general tweaking) and Megaman ZX, then on to FFIII.

And I didn't realize Phoenix Wright 2 was out! :eek:

POR.
Just beat Richter.
Dracula is handing me my ass. How I do love that battle though. Damn that music is awesome. Still havent beat it yet.

I recently got Megaman ZX too, but thats going to wait till POR is done. I am totally addicted to POR. The production value is outstanding. I've never seen so much multiscrolling, beautiful game. The music is sooo top notch.

LOVE it.

I just finished Kirby Squeak Squad 100%... I love Kirby platformers to death, and this one has a lot of great new abilities, as well as combinations of abilities. All the little bonus goodies are awesome too, like being able to change Kirby's palette and unlocking new techniques for each ability. Besides that I usually just play a game of tetris when I'm bored or something.

Like many others here playing Portrait of Ruin (need to find a copy of Dawn of Sorrows) and my girlfriend is addicted to Brain Age.

It's taking a back seat thanks to the Wii and a WoW trial. Looking forward to Diddy Kong Racing DS though which is hopelly out in Q1. It's online so prepare to be pwned.

Yeah, I got Castlevania POR for Christmas. Good game, just the right level of difficulty, but a little short and repetitious toward the end. The final paintings are more or less clones of earlier ones. Still, I had a blast playing it.
I figure I'll likely pick up DOS at some point, although with Symphony coming out on the 360, I might not for a little while.

Do it, Dawn of Sorrow is better than PoR. Less repetitive, better atmosphere, much more open-ended. Also, I hate how much PoR reuses backgrounds and room designs. It's kinda boring. There's that one area towards the end of the game where every freaking room has the same portrait of Death in the background. It's distracting and screams of a rush job.

Well, it's not exactly in it right now, but I can assure you it will be. The game I'm talking about it P. Wright AA, which I've been waiting to stumble along at a nice price for quite some time now ($45 NZD). Hopefully it'll be here on Saturday, if it isn't I'll have to wait till Monday .:(

Well, it's not exactly in it right now, but I can assure you it will be. The game I'm talking about it P. Wright AA, which I've been waiting to stumble along at a nice price for quite some time now ($45 NZD). Hopefully it'll be here on Saturday, if it isn't I'll have to wait till Monday .:(

it's well worth the wait

well i would be playing ouendan or jump ultimate stars but i can't get my dirty hands on a ds lite. they are all out of stock everywhere i go and it's beginning to piss me off :mad:

Do it, Dawn of Sorrow is better than PoR. Less repetitive, better atmosphere, much more open-ended. Also, I hate how much PoR reuses backgrounds and room designs. It's kinda boring. There's that one area towards the end of the game where every freaking room has the same portrait of Death in the background. It's distracting and screams of a rush job.

I disagree. BIG Time.

Only repetitive area I saw, the area you are talking about, is the Master's Keep.
This game has SOOOO much more to offer than DOS. (Expanded Boss rush mode, Shop mode (very useful for rare items), Mastering abilities, more hidden items, BETTER MUSIC, Much bigger map (with all the area put together.), story actually makes sense, and you actually FIGHT Dracula.)

The Art in this game is ridiculous. I cant believe you are dogging that. I've never seen such wonderfully painted backgrounds in a Castlevania game.

Boring? NO WAY.
I didnt even metion the Boss Rush online mode.

You must be jaded or losing your mind, Portrait of Ruin is a step above Dawn of Sorrow.

I liked POR, it just felt a little short and the last 4-5 paintings (Master's Keep, like you said) felt tacked on. I enjoyed the game a lot, but it's short. I ended up clearing it on "normal" during the 3-day Denver mini-blizzard and "hard" (level 50 cap) not too long ago.
I guess some of the hidden stuff's a little lost on me, though. I found that I really only used the royal sword and the boomerang-like one (I forget the name) most of the time. There are better items, but those were the ones I liked and had success with.
Either way, I'll still likely get Dawn of Sorrow eventually.
I never actually played Symphony of the Night (I didn't have my PS for a while back then), so I'm really hyped about it being on the 360.

Mine's been mostly sitting lately. I picked up Sonic Rush but got frustrated with one of the later zones and haven't really gone back. I recently got around to beating the World 7 boss, i need to get the rest of the star coins i missed.

I'm looking forward to Hotel Dusk: Room 215. I think an old school type of PC adventure game for the DS could work pretty well. I guess instead of pointing and clicking and point and tap? Anyway, looks different. Might have to pick it up next week when it comes out.

I'm currently working my way through FF3, I'm going to need to hit some of you up for friend codes so I can open up the onion knight and secret dungeon through mognet.

I'm just up to the Nepto Draons cave, so far I pretty midline on how I feel about it, but I get to play it at work and its perfect for this environment.

I've seen lots of games I'm thinking about getting, whats the point of Phoenix Wright? How do you play it?

I'm currently working my way through FF3, I'm going to need to hit some of you up for friend codes so I can open up the onion knight and secret dungeon through mognet.

I'm just up to the Nepto Draons cave, so far I pretty midline on how I feel about it, but I get to play it at work and its perfect for this environment.

I've seen lots of games I'm thinking about getting, whats the point of Phoenix Wright? How do you play it?

PM me for my FFIII friend code after I get home from work. As for Phoenix Wright, I beat Ace Attorney, and so far Justice for All is good, only beat the first case. Basically the game plays out similarly to an old Sierra adventure game. You'll browse through crime scenes, collect evidence, take it to trial, use it to break down witnesses, and break down they do, usually in a very exaggerated and entertaining manner. All the cases usually have a twist, but its nothing you didn't already suspect about halfway through.

I've been playing Portrait of Ruin, Elite Beat Agents and Phoenix Wright 2.

Elite Beat Agents is good, but it makes me keenly aware of my total lack of rhythm. The other two are great and they justify having the DS.

Final Fantasy V, I beat all my current DS games including PoR.

I think I'll go get Hotel Dusk or Elite Beat Agents to entertain me on my 17 hour flight tomorrow.

ive borrowed club house game from my sister in law... and cant stand this game at all... at all...

LeviathanZERO said:
Only repetitive area I saw, the area you are talking about, is the Master's Keep.

In one of the latter 4 paintings they reuse the room style with the gold platforms like 3-4 times in a row. It happens with a few room styles throughout. Overall the areas felt less inspired than in DoS.

LeviathanZERO said:
This game has SOOOO much more to offer than DOS. (Expanded Boss rush mode, Shop mode (very useful for rare items), Mastering abilities, more hidden items, BETTER MUSIC, Much bigger map (with all the area put together.), story actually makes sense, and you actually FIGHT Dracula.)

1: The boss rush mode in this game is pretty worthless. In DoS you can get some great items, but nothing you get in PoR boss rush is particularly good or useful.

2: I'll give you that the shop mode is a great idea, I really like it.

3: Mastering abilities? In DoS as you collect more souls they get more powerful and sometimes their effects change. Pretty much the same idea.

4: I don't think there's "more" hidden items. I hate how they made it so breakable walls and stuff takes multiple hit, and there is actually less hidden area. In DoS there are huge areas of the map that are hidden or take effort to find. In PoR there is nothing bigger than 4-5 rooms at once.

5: As far as the music, I think the quality is better, but I just liked DoS's music better. Personal taste. I do really like the forest theme though.

6: Bigger map, yes, but much much more linear. In DoS you actually feel like you're exploring.

7: The story is much weaker, I think. The characters you control are very boring (oh my god, a guy who is strong physically, kinda dumb, and mad at his father! The girl who's young, brilliant and cheery! I've never seen these characters before!!) At least Soma was somewhat interesting, these two are textbook cliche.

8: As far as fighting Dracula, well, not a big deal to me. I think his portrait for conversations is a little retarded, and Death looks like Skeletor, so I laugh everytime I see them.

LeviathanZERO said:
The Art in this game is ridiculous. I cant believe you are dogging that. I've never seen such wonderfully painted backgrounds in a Castlevania game.

It is very good, just sometimes repetitious.

LeviathanZERO said:
Boring? NO WAY.

I really do like PoR. It's a lot of fun, I just think it has a few things wrong with it.

LeviathanZERO said:
I didnt even metion the Boss Rush online mode.

Like normal boss rush mode, it doesn't give you anything useful. Yes it's fun for a little bit, my friend and I got down to doing it in like 30 seconds, but the only challenge is doing it quicker, and you don't really get anything good for it. I wish they had delayed the game however long it was necessary and the made the game fully-coop. That would have been phenomenal.

LeviathanZERO said:
You must be jaded or losing your mind, Portrait of Ruin is a step above Dawn of Sorrow.

I disagree. I really like PoR, but I don't think it's better than DoS. It seems like I am dogging heavily on PoR, but that's just because I had high expectations. The gameplay in PoR is great, I love playing it. But when it comes down to the details it loses points with me. I bought it the day it came out and still play it everyday. It just doesn't match up to DoS.

Back