What's up with the R.A.T7?

menace2society

Limp Gawd
This has been buy far the most frustrating mouse I have ever owned.:mad: The mouse was moving on its own. Sounds crazy but Google it. I buy the R.A.T7 and this pad http://www.amazon.com/Cyborg-G-L-I-...27PW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1330142600&sr=8-1. Which the mouse doesn't work right with. I figured, same company made both products... I should be fine. Not the case. So I had another mouse around, this one buy the way;) http://www.ratpadz.com/. I thought, they're both ratz, they should play together nice. WRONG. The mouse will not move. So now I'm at a crossroad, new mouse or new pad? Easy new pads cheaper. So I'm asking, does anybody own a one of these things and a pad it doesn't hate so much.

Let me know: Menace

That sig is so old. lol

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I have a soft 3 dollar black mouse pad. Has never given my RAT 7 any issues at all. It doesnt track well on the bare wood desk though.

I am using an Xtrac Ripper and it works fine. I have had the moving mouse issue before. It was caused by imperfections in the surface underneath the pad (since it is soft). As long as the surface under the pad is solid and smooth then I don't have any issue with RAT7.

I have the XTrac Ripper as well, never had a problem with my Rat 5.

Unfortunately I've seen various reports of this problem with the RAT and accuracy problems. I have a RAT7 and for me it was terrible on the Cyborg pad I had as well. It runs fine on my desk though. Also any little piece of lint that gets on the eye will cause major issues and I have to qtip it. I love the mouse though so I deal.

Do you have anything else on your desk that vibrates (like an external hard drive, or a fan, or a laptop, or your tower?) I've noticed that some desk surfaces will transfer enough vibration to cause the mouse to read input, and the cursor will slowly drag across the display. Turning off the vibrating thing stops it cold.

Another thing for me was I could not use the pinky rest on it. Basically any small amount of pressure i put on it would tweak it thereby raising the other side the smallest amount causing inaccuracy issues as well.

No issues with my RAT7 on an Artesian Hien hard. Pinky rest works for me as well.

Back