What's this? Intel looking more like AMD?

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em. Whatever keeps the competition going is fine with me. I am glad to see that Intel is adopting some of AMD's technologies because it benefits the customer (at the expense of pride).

I agree with xonik. I am just surprised that Intel is adopting some AMD's technology. I always saw Intel as being the leading edge and AMD was struggling and trying to compete with Intel. Im so amazed how far the two have come, especially AMD. And now this... All the power to Intel.

They also plan on implementing x86-64, an ondie memory controller, and SOI (hence the strive for better IPC :D). That's why this is fucking hilarious.

It still follows with the engine analogy, I mean you can only spin production engines so high before balancing, blueprinting, etc, the cost outweighs the benefits. For production, you either add cubic inches or forced induction to keep it something that can be mass produced.

The GHz game is producing too much heat and power consumption for smaller gains every time they add steps to the pipe and increase MHz. I know why they went that route, but the problems I saw with it have come to pass.

Back