What's the typical lifespan of a wireless headset before the battery goes fully dead?

How many years of usage does it take to fully wear down the battery of a wireless headset? What do you do then?

How many years of usage does it take to fully wear down the battery of a wireless headset? What do you do then?
It depends fully on how you use it and what kind of battery it has. The more charge cycles you use the faster it wears out. Meaning that if you want your battery to last, use the battery to 1/4 full and recharge it full before using it again. Some headsets give you a warning when it's time to recharge and shut down if you continue using it too long. And the batteries are not replaceable so you'll have to get a new headset.

I would imagine a few at least / unless you are just using the thing all day charging / discharging... I'd hazard to guess that for most wireless headsets i've seen you're more likely to break an earcup hinge before the battery conks out? and probably the headband will be flaking / ear pads as well.... in short it will probably be time for a new headset or to buy a number of spares to refurbish it... I would think in many cases you could probably disassemble and find the battery part number and order a new one.. probably it is easier (haven't done it) than a phone or tablet (done both)... unless they did something stupid like glue the thing together even then you could probably do it if you have the tools, patience , skill. If you find a model you like just google it and make sure there aren't a bunch of people complaining about dead batteries / do some research about how easy / hard it is to replace before buying..

But again I think by the time the battery croaks a broken hinge or general wear may have done them in anyways.

I have the Audeze Mobius From the Indiegogo campaign from 2018 the battery is still going strong
charge them once a week

Back