Whats the next big First Person Shooter??

Naldo said:
I saw a commercial for some WW2 game that supposed to be good. I dont knwo the name off the top of my head.

That would be Brothers in Arms.

kick@ss said:
I wouldn't reccomend BiA. The game is really kind of stupid. It's definitely NOWHERE near as good as the reviews are making it out to be. Probably a 6.5-7/10, at best. Your character can't hit the broad side of a barn and often you CAN'T kill some German hiding behind cover despite the fact that you can see his head or something. As for the game requiring tactics, it really doesn't. I feel like I'm using the same strategy over and over again.

BiA emulates the weight of steel-and-wood weapons, thus the difficulty aiming.

Regarding cover, you can't kill people behind cover in real life either, why would you be able to in BiA? The point is to go around, not go through, which leads me to...

You ARE using real tactics. At the squad level in WW2, supression and maneuver were the only tactics you needed. If it feels like you're doing the same thing over and over again, that's because you are--but they did that 61 years ago, too, so it's not like you didn't know what you were getting when you bought the game.

Terpfen said:
BiA emulates the weight of steel-and-wood weapons, thus the difficulty aiming.
Those guns are not that heavy. I have handled many WWII era weapons. If accuracy was as horrible in real life as it is in this game we'd all be speaking German or Japanese.

Terpfen said:
Regarding cover, you can't kill people behind cover in real life either, why would you be able to in BiA? The point is to go around, not go through, which leads me to...
When their heads are sticking up a bit you should be able to shoot them.

Terpfen said:
You ARE using real tactics. At the squad level in WW2, supression and maneuver were the only tactics you needed. If it feels like you're doing the same thing over and over again, that's because you are--but they did that 61 years ago, too, so it's not like you didn't know what you were getting when you bought the game.
You can do A LOT more tactics in real life than what you can in BiA. The simplicity of the tactics is what kills it.

I just heard that a Far Cry expansion pack is on it´s way. Also Splinter Cell 4, Ghost Recon 3, Prince of Persia 3 and HOMM 5 and Peter Jacksons King Kong!!!! is coming from Ubisoft next year or if it was this year???

kick@ss said:
Those guns are not that heavy. I have handled many WWII era weapons. If accuracy was as horrible in real life as it is in this game we'd all be speaking German or Japanese.

I said emulation, not recreation. The point is to get you to use your fire team instead of going Rambo. You aren't supposed to lead the kill count.

When their heads are sticking up a bit you should be able to shoot them.

And you can--it's wholly possible. You just need to time your shot right and have some luck. In the situations where only a suppressed German's helmet is sticking up, you aren't going to get a headshot at all--you have to move to a different angle to get just a clear view, in which case you might as well just finish the flanking maneuver and shoot them from the side anyway.

You can do A LOT more tactics in real life than what you can in BiA. The simplicity of the tactics is what kills it.

You can, but the question is, did the 101st Airborne use different tactics while on specific ground-taking missions (which is pretty much all you do in BiA--advance and take ground.) A retired military historian and members of the 101st Airborne have told Gearbox that fire-and-maneuver tactics are all they needed in the game, and so that's all they put in. What other tactics were you expecting to execute?

And come on, it's a video game. How do you expect to be able to execute every infantry tactic known to man at the time of World War 2, and fit those controls onto a gamepad? I think you expected things that Gearbox never promised or showed off, and you let yourself down.

oqvist said:
I just heard that a Far Cry expansion pack is on it´s way. Also Splinter Cell 4, Ghost Recon 3, Prince of Persia 3 and HOMM 5 and Peter Jacksons King Kong!!!! is coming from Ubisoft next year or if it was this year???

I would love to see a splinter cell with the Unreal 3 engine, seeing as how UBISoft seems the love the current Unreal engine..

oqvist said:

Far Cry expansion pack would be killer!!

I bought Painkiller today. Being playing it. Its pretty cool. Non stop shooting!!! :D
Picked up a copy of Computer Gaming world and they gave Painkiller single-player shooter of the year.

The only thing Half Life 2 got was Best Music.

Chronicles of Riddick got Action Game of the Year, which it deserved imo.

Rustedimpala said:
Far Cry expansion pack would be killer!!

I bought Painkiller today. Being playing it. Its pretty cool. Non stop shooting!!! :D
Picked up a copy of Computer Gaming world and they gave Painkiller single-player shooter of the year.

The only thing Half Life 2 got was Best Music.

Chronicles of Riddick got Action Game of the Year, which it deserved imo.

I hate review mags, OXM and all of them.

Back