What's the most demanding game out there now?

M76

[H]F Junkie
Cause I don't think it's crysis anymore.

Just looking to find something where I can actually see a noticeable benefit from SLI. @1440

Witcher 3 on Ultra is pretty demanding.

It's demanding in weird ways. It'll be running at 30FPS 4K ultra settings with stuttering, then I alt-tab out and back in then its smooth 60FPS.

I still love that game, though.

Crysis 3 still takes a toll on my admittedly dated GPU. Deus Ex:MD also with everything set to max. Unfortunately that's about all the new games I've played lately. Been sticking to replaying Mass Effect and Batman games the last several months.

Try Fallout 4 with the free 4K texture DLC. Slideshow on my 7950 3GB card at 1080p in some spots.

Fallout 4 really isn't a good example. Its horribly coded. Notably in the South Boston City area. It appears that the engine itself is to blame and renders shadows (even shadows that the player cannot see) fully which puts an enormous load on the CPU.

I have however found a Mod that in my experiences these past couple of days fixes the issue
https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/26286?tab=description

I cap my frames through an ENB I use at 61.00 & haven't had a single framerate issue using this mod on my i7 6700K & RX 580 8GB at 1440p in the downtown Boston area. Not really sure what this mod does but it has worked for my system.

I also use the Godrays Performance Fix which works incredibly well, basically its like setting Godrays to low, but having Ultra visuals. (Have to set your godrays to Ultra for it to work) uses a Batch file when you start the game to enter settings.
https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/15211

I believe Deus Ex: Mankind Divided is the most demanding game right now.

I would say Rise of the Tomb Raider is very demanding as well with VXAO.

I hope Eidos and Nixxes put some advanced features in Shadow of the Tomb Raider, but I have a feeling it will be similar to Rise of the Tomb Raider with graphics features.

Metro: Exodus is one to watch next year.

Last edited:
Tom Clancy Wildland's is really demanding in my experience when I gave it a try on a free weekend. It's defiantly a bit more demanding than either R6S or The Division. Also if you want more demanding you can run DSR 4.00X as well and/or reshade with tons of post process effects.

Started playing trough Crysis the other day. I still can tax the latest hardware.

it's not really taxing hardware, it's just a terribly coded game designed to run at 30fps. even my 8800GT's had the same frame rate in that game as my GTX 1050Ti with the exact same settings.

Cause I don't think it's crysis anymore.

Just looking to find something where I can actually see a noticeable benefit from SLI. @1440

Actually, it still is Crysis. Even my 1080Ti struggles to maintain 60 FPS with everything on.

I think it's time we finally admit that Crysis wasn't "far ahead", it was simply coded poorly.

GTA V.

Crank the MSAA and all the advanced settings.

Besides that, Witcher 3 is still no joke on ultra....

Neither is Witcher 2 for that matter, with that crazy supersampling option enabled. (I've never seen FPS tank like that)

I believe Deus Ex: Mankind Divided is the most demanding game right now.

I would say Rise of the Tomb Raider is very demanding as well with VXAO.

I hope Eidos and Nixxes put some advanced features in Shadow of the Tomb Raider, but I have a feeling it will be similar to Rise of the Tomb Raider with graphics features.

Metro: Exodus is one to watch next year.

Deus Ex: MD is, hands down, the most demanding game out now. You can push IQ insanely high. <40 FPS avg on an overclocked 1080 ti on Ultra at 4k.

Crysis 3 is still demanding, I can't even get 60 FPS constant at 4K with Ultra settings with my GTX 1080 Ti.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided is poorly optimized in my opinion, the graphics don't even look at all great near Crysis 3 level and runs like a hog even at the highest settings.

GTA 5 I believe is the easy answer here for something that is demanding, but not because of trash coding.

Tom Clancy Wildland's is really demanding in my experience when I gave it a try on a free weekend. It's defiantly a bit more demanding than either R6S or The Division. Also if you want more demanding you can run DSR 4.00X as well and/or reshade with tons of post process effects.

I second this! Wildlands is a beautiful game, and the engine seems to scale really well. Plus it has a lot of options to play around with.

Crysis 3 is still demanding, I can't even get 60 FPS constant at 4K with Ultra settings with my GTX 1080 Ti.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided is poorly optimized in my opinion, the graphics don't even look at all great near Crysis 3 level and runs like a hog even at the highest settings.

I haven't run it in awhile but I think it works well with SLI and that I could get a solid 60FPS at 4K.

Deus Ex Mankind Divided certainly had performance issues, but the lighting and other effects can look stunning. The animations and a lot of the props and other assets can be low end though. The character animations are downright atrocious. I find it interesting how some aspects can be so good yet others so bad. I think it is demanding more due to it being poorly optimized though.

I wonder how the new Assassin's Creed runs as well as Witcher 3. Never played though but Syndicate was very demanding for its time.

Deus Ex Mankind Divided certainly had performance issues, but the lighting and other effects can look stunning. The animations and a lot of the props and other assets can be low end though. The character animations are downright atrocious. I find it interesting how some aspects can be so good yet others so bad. I think it is demanding more due to it being poorly optimized though.

I wonder how the new Assassin's Creed runs as well as Witcher 3. Never played though but Syndicate was very demanding for its time.
I Played Mankind on a 980ti and I don't remember having much performance issues. But I can certainly recall Crysis3 running like a slideshow, it was the main reason I put off playing it.

I Played Mankind on a 980ti and I don't remember having much performance issues. But I can certainly recall Crysis3 running like a slideshow, it was the main reason I put off playing it.

Crysis 3 ran great for how it looked. Mankind Divided was horrible at launch. I believe they patched it one last time as I was almost done and it did help a good bit. Stuttering, poor FPS in general, graphical anomalies and long load times were all massive problems even after a number of patches. Now it runs pretty good. Load times are a bit on the long side. Performance still seems very demanding for how it looks though. As mentioned, some parts look stunning, others look hideous. I'd say it is acceptable now but I do believe they could do a better job.

What Crysis 1/2/3 had going for it was consistently good graphics. Animations, textures, prop detail as well as all the advanced lighting and effects for their respective times. The Metro titles were pretty amazing but overall I don't think I've seen a game that looked superb on every front since. Considering how good graphics look these days I don't think massive jumps are that important anymore though.

I tried it once on my old PC, with only 8GB of RAM. The game immediately ate all of it. It's legitimately the one title I saw that becomes RAM limited at 8GB even with a 1080Ti behind it.

Back