Whats The Main Difference Between The 530 And The 530J?

The Doc

[H]ard|Gawd
What is the difference between these two chips? Does the 530J overclock better? I need a processor for my upcoming Abit Fatal1ty AA8XE. Can someone help me out please?

The J indicates it is an E0 stepping. The new stepping incorporates Execute Disable Bit (EDB), Enhanced Halt State, and Thermal Monitoring 2.

Definitely go for the J, they seem to overclock better than the older D0 stepping (non J).

I have no experience with the earlier 775 prescotts but the J ES I have runs at 39-41c idle on psudeo crappy air cooling oc'd to 4ghz. It boots to 1.36v default. Much easier to deal with than my 478 Prescott.

Thatonen00b said:
I have no experience with the earlier 775 prescotts but the J ES I have runs at 39-41c idle on psudeo crappy air cooling oc'd to 4ghz. It boots to 1.36v default. Much easier to deal with than my 478 Prescott.

Damn that's a nice OC. Does anyone know if the cheaper J revision cores can go that high?

Every site and it's brother has a review of the 570J saying how great it overclocks but for some reason I can't find a single article on overclocking any of the less expensive J revision chips. Isn't that what overclocking is all about? Buying the least expensive chip on the market and oc'ing the bejezus out of it?

DOC: That's awesome to hear that someone on these boards is finally picking up a 530J. I've been thinking about swapping in my 520 for one for weeks now, but without seeing any results on the web I'm still a bit cautious. You'll have to tell us how fast you can get that baby running!

Back