What's the game you could play over and over?

Will probably catch flak for this, but seeing how many hours I rack up, and have racked up in other Battlefield titles, BF3 definitely takes the crown for the game that I consistently pick up again and again.

I think Left 4 Dead 2 is the only other game that came close to hours played.

I've been trying to find an N64 + Goldeneye on local classified!

N64+Goldeneye shouldn't be that hard to find.....A working N64 controller on the other hand. Those things only had a couple of years use before the middle stick was too loose to use.

Fallout 3/Fallout New Vegas. I keep coming back to both.

Also put an insane amount of hours into the original Borderlands, although the second Borderlands just...didn't do it for me.

Fallout 3/Fallout New Vegas. I keep coming back to both.

Also put an insane amount of hours into the original Borderlands, although the second Borderlands just...didn't do it for me.

Are there any must-have mods for New Vegas? Sort of like the Skyrim Redone mod?

I was watching my buddy play New Vegas last night and, having played a ton of STALKER, the gunplay looked really annoying.

So I picked up CS:GO during the steam sale and finally got around to playing some of it. Regardless of the minor differences/issues compared to Source and 1.6, I am hooked again!

Are there any must-have mods for New Vegas? Sort of like the Skyrim Redone mod?

I was watching my buddy play New Vegas last night and, having played a ton of STALKER, the gunplay looked really annoying.

The thing is, STALKER and Fallout are two completely different game styles. STALKER is an FPS, through and through. Fallout 3/NV are FPS/RPG hybrids. You can choose to play FPS style(and you will more often than not at the beginning), but you can also turn it over to chance and let the battles play out as the computer concludes based on stats(which also is a cinematic treat).

If you just like raw FPS action, STALKER is a better option. Fallout is for the people who like loot, leveling up, choosing perks, etc.

As for the mods, I personally don't use many. I downloaded a radio station mod called CONELRAD based on old nuclear war emergency radio broadcasts, and there's a couple of quick fixes out there for some problematic quests, but for the most part I just play the game and DLC. Trust me...it's a good 30-40 hours of content minimum.

Commodore 64:
Archon - This was one of my favorite games of all time, knew it inside and out

Now we're talking!!! M.U.L.E. would be a good addition to that. These should both be in my list as well!

The thing is, STALKER and Fallout are two completely different game styles. STALKER is an FPS, through and through. Fallout 3/NV are FPS/RPG hybrids. You can choose to play FPS style(and you will more often than not at the beginning), but you can also turn it over to chance and let the battles play out as the computer concludes based on stats(which also is a cinematic treat).

If you just like raw FPS action, STALKER is a better option. Fallout is for the people who like loot, leveling up, choosing perks, etc.

As for the mods, I personally don't use many. I downloaded a radio station mod called CONELRAD based on old nuclear war emergency radio broadcasts, and there's a couple of quick fixes out there for some problematic quests, but for the most part I just play the game and DLC. Trust me...it's a good 30-40 hours of content minimum.

See, I like both types of games. I'll have to see if there are any mods which make FO:NV more like an FPS, but maintain most, if not all, of the RPG mechanics. I like things like weapon stats and like in Deus Ex, i liked the fact that you had to level up your proficiency in weapon types that you wanted to excel at. Of course, maybe FO:NV ends up this way anyway?

Playing through Dead Space right now. It's Dead Boring.

Will fire up STALKER after done w/ DS.

CS 1.6, SC2, DOTA2

Now mostly just DOTA2 since it's the least stressful of them all - when I come home from work I don't some hyper competitive game; just want to get on, click around, maybe get lucky and get Drow in single/random draft and enjoy the evening of raping pubs with a team of 5 friends, haha.

Dat narration. If there's ever a Myth redux on Kickstarter I'm all over it.

dominoes, uno, or yahtzee.

I've played games of UNO that we simply quit in disgust because no one could go out.

Cribbage gets my nod for a board game I can always play.

Just cause 2 -Started several new games. Never really can finish it.

Three-and-a-half pages before I found what I was looking for. I just completed the map (excepting bridge limbo and the bugged watertower) for the first time a couple days ago and immediately restarted.

I've been playing the 'Protect Karl Blaine' level over and over: "I love this effin ride man. I can't drive anything else!".

...but for the life of me, I can't get the fucking game to work with Crossfire without crashing after ten minutes.

Didn't see anyone mention this one

X-WING and expansions by Lucasarts..

God, do I miss this game.

Oh man, I really loved X-Wing vs. Tie Fighter back in the day. I was just a kid then, and absolutely no good at the game. Never even came close to being a "Jedi Knight"

Also, finished Dead Space. It was alright. Dead Space 2 has a much nicer feel to it.

Tie Fighter
Borderlands
Unreal Tournament GOTY
Morrowind
Dark Forces

:edit: Went through the first two pages and saw that no one had mentioned the X-Wing series, make my post, and see that the two above me do ^_^

Didn't see anyone mention this one

X-WING and expansions by Lucasarts..

God, do I miss this game.

Wiploc mentioned it on the previous page, but I have to +1 it as well. First PC game I ever played and still one of the best games ever made.

New Games: BF3 and BC2 on 24/7 Isla/Valpo servers.
Old Games: N64-MarioKart, Dreamcast-SoulCalibur (if you have someone to play vs)

X3 always seems to draw me back in for some reason after a while. I just get that itch and it fills the void nicely. Star Citizen can't come soon enough...

Another vote for Stalker here. Even the sequels are replayable for me. Love the Stalker 'feel' to the game world.

Yea, I just fired STALKER SoC back up last Saturday. I got that same tense feeling wriggling through lab x18 as I did the first time.

Last edited:
Wing Commander: Privateer

My brother and I played the hell out of that one! I haven't touched it in years, but it was definitely a favorite. I remember flying out to this one planet/base all the time that had this calm music with a nice (albeit general midi(ed) out) guitar solo. :)

The best part of Privateer (or any of those older WC games) was always the different locations and music...

And what is it, hmm? Is it a smuggler far off the normal space lanes? Maybe a bad smuggler with some nice contraband.

dr. mario

Oh man I forgot this one, I LOVE this game. Sister & I got really good at it, no one else could hang with us after a while. This game lets me get into kind of a zen state lol.

The amount of crap you could send at your opponent when you got the strategy down was pretty impressive and satisfying.

I still fire it up from time to time on the old NES on the big screen and try to beat the hardest level and see the little bugs go up in the spaceship.

The games I can always go back to no matter how long of a sabbatical I have taken is Counter-Strike, TF2, Day of Defeat, Mike Tysons punch out, R.B.I. baseball, Mario Games, A link to the past, Chrono trigger.

i played the first mass effect maybe 10 times...almost in a row. the game was so good

pretty much any civilization game. i'm not even a huge fan of civ v, but i always come back and play here and there.

Team Fortress 2. It's multiplayer only, but there are so many play styles to learn and master, and once you're bored of pub stomping you can head right to playing competitively.

Also, the trading aspect is kind of neat, if you're into stocks and economics and related topics.

Mass Effect 2, Dead Space 2. These are the game that I can play over and over and over and over again! :D

I don't have any games like that anymore, but some of my past ones are as follows:

Chrono Trigger
Diablo 2 (I played it for 3-4 years...)
Duke Nukem 3D
F-Zero
Fallout
Fallout 2
Final Fantasy VI
Final Fight (SNES)
Mario 64
Quake 2
Secret of Mana
Shogo