What's the game you could play over and over?

Metal Gear Solid for PS1
Super Mario Kart - Snes
CS:Source
WC3 (TDs, Dota, Orcs vs Humans?)
Runescape 2d version

Old games: Doom2, Quake2 and Quake3. New games: Far Cry 3

I forgot one, hotline miami. i can play that game over and over it never gets old

Oh yeah, as far as what game I have played consistently over and over...

... Tetris

Mass Effect series (even 3 despite hating the ending). Very few gaming series have given me as much pure joy as ME has. It's not a perfect game but its atmosphere is just about perfect , great music , solid graphics and solid story line.

Fallout New Vegas. I can't even rationally state how much I love this game. I lived in Vegas for years and I can't imagine a better way to vicariously enjoy a fictional version of it when I'm home sick.

WoW , I played for almost 6+ years. I made lots of real life friends and I'll even embarrassingly admit I got a few hook ups through it. Despite my current near hate for it .. every time an expansion comes out .. and despite my protests .. I buy them.

Skyrim. I've already played it through 4 times. Its so rich with content It feels like playing an MMO tailored to me which is major accomplishment for Bethesda. I will likely play this for years to come and each time find new and wonderful things to enjoy. My brother loved Morrowind so much that he logged almost 500+ hours into it over the years. He STILL plays it from scratch now and again. A testament to the staying power of the Elder Scrolls series.

Mass Effect series (even 3 despite hating the ending). Very few gaming series have given me as much pure joy as ME has. It's not a perfect game but its atmosphere is just about perfect , great music , solid graphics and solid story line.

Fallout New Vegas. I can't even rationally state how much I love this game. I lived in Vegas for years and I can't imagine a better way to vicariously enjoy a fictional version of it when I'm home sick.

WoW , I played for almost 6+ years. I made lots of real life friends and I'll even embarrassingly admit I got a few hook ups through it. Despite my current near hate for it .. every time an expansion comes out .. and despite my protests .. I buy them.

Skyrim. I've already played it through 4 times. Its so rich with content It feels like playing an MMO tailored to me which is major accomplishment for Bethesda. I will likely play this for years to come and each time find new and wonderful things to enjoy. My brother loved Morrowind so much that he logged almost 500+ hours into it over the years. He STILL plays it from scratch now and again. A testament to the staying power of the Elder Scrolls series.

Feel that way about WoW as well. Minus hooking up with people...No. Just no.

I think Morrowind is one of the most awesome experiences to be had, even today. It's very involved and complicated (well you know, to a degree), but that's what makes it so great.

3qbJk.png

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lords_of_Thunder
1993 TurboDuo/PCEngine Super CD rom 2

Metal. No other words are needed.
Play it every few weeks or days, hell idk, its the game I always go back to.

QFT :)

Dragon Age Origins
Super Metroid
Mario 3
Mario RPG
Zelda: Link to the Past
Shining Force 2
Mario 64

But replay value is based on the games right?? and not the user.... /sarcasm.

Mine is l4d2.

System Shock 1 / 2
Quake 3 / 4
Ultima 7 / 8
Any Zelda or Mario game
AND I whole-heartedly agree on Rolling Thunder!!!! NICE!!!!
(and Robotron 2084)
Archon
M.U.L.E.

Last edited by a moderator:
I played the bejeezus out of Fallout 2 to the point where I wrote my own walkthrough. I think I played Baldur's Gate 2 even more, though.

FEAR and Doom3 (sikkmodded with texture packs and other tweaks).

I love to play any type of Raiden-style game over and over. I don't know why, always found those very fun.

Asassin Creed 2, GTA IV, Red Dead Redemption, Nexus: Jupiter Incident, Medieval Total War 2, Starcraft 2, any of LEGO games :)

Feel that way about WoW as well. Minus hooking up with people...No. Just no.

I think Morrowind is one of the most awesome experiences to be had, even today. It's very involved and complicated (well you know, to a degree), but that's what makes it so great.

Ya in my opinion morrowind is BY FAR the best elder scroll game.

i am not sure why oblivion was so popular since the whole thing took place in a tiny ass valley.

Dirt
Monster Truck Madness 1 or 2

I have spent so much time playing those games. I should dig out the Monster Truck Madness and have at it again.

Hmm, well nothing to be honest. Even the best games wear on me after I've covered the same ground multiple times. That said, here is a list of games I've played 5+ times or have more than 150 hours in:

-Anything Half-Life
-Anything Portal
-Deus Ex
-Deus Ex Human Revolution
-Mass Effect 1 & 2 (enjoyment utterly ruined by ME3's ending) & ME3's MP
-Anything Stalker
-Anything Battlefield - MP only (1300hrs in BF2 / 500+hrs in BF3)
Far Cry 1
-Dishonored
-Dead Space 2

I have a disclaimer for large open world games, such as Skyrim, Far Cry 3 or the Fallout series. Each of these titles I've got well over 100+ hours in, bought all their DLC and frequently go back when I'm bored of other games. However I won't play them more than once. I'll find every location, finish every quest (that is not repetitively generated), unlock every item, max every rank, etc... but I will not start new characters and do it all over again.

This thread has stirred the nostalgia all up :D

Atari:
Adventure - Was kinda young then but thought this game was epic back in the day.
Pitfall - Can still hear that sound effect that plays when you swing on the vine.

Commodore 64:
Archon - This was one of my favorite games of all time, knew it inside and out
Hardball - Played countless games against my stepbrother, I was always the blue team.

NES:
Double Dragon 2 - My sister and I beat this about 3 billion times and I still love it
Tecmo Bowl - I used to keep all the scores from the games in a notebook. Charted the best players to use on Defense for every team, including against field goals

PC Addictions that got serious repetition:
MOO 1
X-COM
X-Wing/TIE Fighter
Might & Magic 3, 4, 5
Far Cry 1

I could play those games until my eyes bled and never got tired of them. Whenever I beat 'em I'd just start a new game/profile/party and go at it again. I remember a few occasions of getting up, literally playing an RPG all day, going to bed and not feeling guilty for wasting a day like I would now with the wife & kids.

Nowadays I'll play a game a couple times through on occasion, but given the huge number of games available to me and the limited time I tend to get my enjoyment out of a game and then move on.

NES:
Double Dragon 2 - My sister and I beat this about 3 billion times and I still love it
Tecmo Bowl - I used to keep all the scores from the games in a notebook. Charted the best players to use on Defense for every team, including against field goals

God I love these games, I used to play the hell out of em with my neighbor growing up.

By Hours played:

WoW
Counter-Strike 7.1b (not that retail shi*)
L4D Series
Americas Army
C&C Generals: Zero Hour
UT2k4

Back