What's the game you could play over and over?

Fallout 3 with all DLC and several mods
Fallout: New Vegas with all DLC and several mods
Borderlands 1 with all DLC
Borderlands 2 with current and future DLC
Oblivion with Mods
Far Cry
Far Cry 2
Far Cry 3
Diablo 1
Diablo 2

tetris
bejeweled
Madden 08 (w/ mods)
MVP 05 (w/ mods)
Street Fighter series
Killer Instinct 1/2
Mortal Kombat 2
Megaman series
Super Mario Brother series
TMNT: Arcade
X-Men: Arcade
Final Fantasy series
Chrono Series
Parasite Eve series
Resident Evil series
Raiden/R-Type/Gradius/Lifeforce...or games like it.
Diablo 2
Borderlands 2
Plants vs Zombies

those are the ones off the top of my head at the moment.

Fallout 3 is probably my 4th pick....Pretty good choice because of the modding options.

tropico for some reason
#3 241 hours
#4 250 hours

only game i spent more time with was EQ over 10 years ago.

Far Cry 3 is going to be high on my list for sure...so many things to do and places to see.

farcry3_d3d112013-01-0401-22-13-82.jpg

Deus Ex
Return to Castle Wolfesntein
Stalker SoC
Stalker CoP
Serious Sam TFE/TSE/HDs/3

Lans, every single time :D
Flatout 2

Over the years the games I've replayed the most have been:
far cry (you can do each maybe a gazillion different ways with different objectives)
wolfenstien enemy terrority (only multi-player game I really enjoyed)
king bounty (legend/crossroad)
and various strategy games (rome total war, civilization, ...)
-
Oh yea I also had a stint with titan quest; though it didn't last horribly long (year or two)

:cool:MoM:cool: ... Probably the best game ever.
For the unknowing - Master of Magic

A little known game that you can't ever finish...
Dwarf Fortress

And - So.. I am just :eek:aghast:eek: that some games are not represented here, my LAN favs from ~2000:
Aliens versus Predator Classic 2000 [ I think it was better titled AVP, but meh ]
Carmageddon
Duke Nukem 3d
Shadow Warrior
HoMM III Complete

And THE nes/snes games to have:
Street Fighter II [ original and turbo ]
F-Zero
The Adventures of Link
Castlevania [ I understand you can beat it.. I never did ]

plus a few old as hell PC:
EGA-Trek
Scorched Earth [ my 5 & 6 yo daughters love this game now ]
Sim City 2000 [ plus sim tower etc ]
The Oregon Trail
Wing Commander
The Elder Scrolls: Daggerfall [ this one is only mostly unbeatable ]
& Morrowind
F-19 Stealth Fighter

Others that have already made the list but have taken collective years of my time I'd think:
Mega Man 2 & 3
Super Metroid
Quake [ esp with the Painkeep and Team Fortress mods ]
Thief
Everquest [ original and II ]
WoW
Diablo [ original and II, not so much III ]
Starcraft [ original with expansions only ]

Shit, the title was 'game' not games, oh well.

And finally I give you truly old ;) school TI-99/4 games:
Hunt the Wompas
Q-Bert
Parsec
Rabbit Trail

Far Cry 3 is going to be high on my list for sure...so many things to do and places to see.

farcry3_d3d112013-01-0401-22-13-82.jpg

Oh man I love rocks. How many rocks are there to see? Jk.

Game was good and worth it for one playthrough. Got immensely stale halfway through however, but that's just me.

And - So.. I am just :eek:aghast:eek: that some games are not represented here, my LAN favs from ~2000:
Aliens versus Predator Classic 2000 [ I think it was better titled AVP, but meh ]

I have to admit AVP does have a special place in my heart. I LOVED playing as the Alien and listening to the people I scared the shit out of at our LAN Center.

For me, I like to break it into two section, offline and online.
Offline,
Oblivion, Skyrim, Final Fantasy 7, Yoshi's Island, and Super Mario Kart.

Online,
Starcraft 1, Starcraft 2, Lineage 2, and Diablo 2.

Those games alone are responsible for half of my childhood years. ha!

A long time ago it was Warcraft 2.
Same with Diablo 2, but I hit my limit and there is no going back. So I guess those are ruled out now.

Morrowind for sure if I get a good playthrough without crashing.
Vampire tMB

Lets see I pretty much revisit every year with a full play through

Final Fantasy 7 - Just got the updated edition for PC, wanna play though it and original to see the differences
Earthbound - Does not get enough recognition
Chrono Trigger - Must play every year
Disgaea - Never ends seriously
Harvest Moon 64 - Something about this game I don't get it but I second I fire it up I cant stop playing
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - Classic
Monster Rancher - Doesnt last very long but away fun
Diablo 1
Diablo 2
Warcraft 1,2,3 Campaigns

I have also dumped countless hours into

CS:S
WoW (Will hopefully never want to play again, been clean for almost a year)
COD BOPS II - (Most likely replacing CS:S) Xbox

I've been playing MechWarrior 2 quite a bit lately. Despite generally looking like hell, there isn't anything fundamentally wrong with the game: it's still fun; it still sounds great; there's a ton of content to play around with. Mech configuration alone can be a major time sink. The game runs very solidly in DOSBox and, with a few key binding tweaks, works pretty well with WASD/mouse (though the DOS versions lack mouse de-inversion options, annoyingly).

I get burned out on major story-driven games, but games with simple gameplay mechanics are infinitely replayable.

Nethack, I've never Ascended, and I've been playing this since 3.0 in 1989.

Civilization 2 I've played hundreds of games, and still fire up new ones. Ditto with Master of Orion 2.

Pirates! the Sid Meir version I played quite a bit; if you get enough gold to maintain morale you can sail the Seven Seas literally forever.

Unreal Tournament I lived in for several years, UT2k4 was a very good update. I still play it too.

Finally WoW but the catch is I need to be in a good, fun guild to play it forever.

I am still digging Age of Conan. It is the only MMO that captured my interest for more than a few weeks. Great casual game for me, love the setting, love the combat, graphics and music are sweet, and it is free to play!

I still play M.U.L.E. ( originally on C-64 ) with friends on the NES or Emulator. Its a Game of colonization of a planet and you select land plots that you can mine/farm/solar/crystite mine and then produce goods and sell them to the general store, other players or keep them. There are world event like the general store burns down, spider attacks on your food, smith ore shortage. Its a very dynamic game and there are different strategies to win. Help your neighbors or screw then over!!

The games I have played over and over again the most have been Final Fantasy IV and VI, Empire Total War, and Fallout 3

Mech Warrior 4- Played that game about 15 times.
Deus Ex -Probably played it like 25 times.
Deus Ex:HR -Played through four times.
Just cause 2 -Started several new games. Never really can finish it.
Skyrim -Let me count the ways you could play that. First time playing through that I was like, "this is what I will do different next time."

CSS has basically withered away into oblivion. There are a few clans, but nothing like it was 5 years ago, or even 1.5. CSGO is nice, but IMO has not drawn near the attraction or attention that CSS or even CS experienced.

Last edited:
Well, lately it's been Borderlands 2.

Probably the most I ever played a game in my lifetime would be Kirby's Dream Land on the original Game Boy. I could beat that game in 20 minutes (or so it seemed) - great for killing time on short car rides, etc.

CIV IV
RR Tycoon II
Mass Effect - all 3
Dragon Age origins
I'll say Gothic 3 but I mean I like any game like it.

Back