whats the eta on dx10 cards?

Soymilk

[H]ard|Gawd
is it still planning on being released around the end of this year / beginning of next year?

We don't know. No one knows. We know not. Nothing is known.

Or you can believe the inq and then yes of course we know, it's September for G80 and October or November for R600.

And there is a search option.

Sable said:
We don't know. No one knows. We know not. Nothing is known.

Or you can believe the inq and then yes of course we know, it's September for G80 and October or November for R600.

And there is a search option.
the point of a forum is being able to get answers without needing to search :rolleyes: obviously i looked to see if there was a thread on the front page, but there wasnt.

thanks for the info, but next time a "the inq says blah" would be more than enough.

Soymilk said:
the point of a forum is being able to get answers without needing to search

It isn't. The question has been asked and answered many times. On the forum. Search.

Hopefully one of them will make it out at or around the time of Conroe launch - if one of them could pull it off they'd clean up on all the new system buyers. Though this is just wishful thinking, chances are nil.

I think that we have to remember that while the next generation DX10 cards maybe be faster than current DX9 cards, they are only going to be DX9 cards until Vista comes out.

If a DX10 came out this early, I wouldn't buy it not knowing how it would work in the production version of Vista.

People seem to be so worried about getting their hands on DX10 parts that they are forgetting DX10 is Vista technology. Sure, to have the hardware in hand when Vista comes out, that be great, but heck if a DX10 card came out in September, there'd be another generation to roll around Vista's release anyway, which would no doubt be better.

Unless the first DX10 parts are truely awesome DX9 parts as well, I would say just plan on upgrading NEXT year.

There's isn't any DX10 only game even on the horizon, Vista may be delayed again, and this is a first generation technology and who knows how its going to perform on Vista until Vista is final.

Just wait and see. It'll be here soon enough.

Nov - January... you know how I know? take the latest release and add 3-4 months, thats when the next one comes out...

Well cysis is a DX10 game.. but currently everything is being rendered in DX9.. so i'm think it will come out this Christmas season... well i hope cause i getting a whole new system in Nov :D

Hopefully it happens sometime soon. by soon, I mean within the next 6-8 months

Every time a thread that asks when DX10 cards are coming out, Nvidia and Ati bump it back another week.

if that were the case, we would never see dx10..
Dude, honestly.. if you just look on the front page and go back 3 pages, there are about 10 threads JUST in that span asking the same fucking question.

heatlesssun said:
I think that we have to remember that while the next generation DX10 cards maybe be faster than current DX9 cards, they are only going to be DX9 cards until Vista comes out.

If a DX10 came out this early, I wouldn't buy it not knowing how it would work in the production version of Vista.

People seem to be so worried about getting their hands on DX10 parts that they are forgetting DX10 is Vista technology. Sure, to have the hardware in hand when Vista comes out, that be great, but heck if a DX10 card came out in September, there'd be another generation to roll around Vista's release anyway, which would no doubt be better.

Unless the first DX10 parts are truely awesome DX9 parts as well, I would say just plan on upgrading NEXT year.

There's isn't any DX10 only game even on the horizon, Vista may be delayed again, and this is a first generation technology and who knows how its going to perform on Vista until Vista is final.

Just wait and see. It'll be here soon enough.

agreed

they are comming out tommorow but they wont do didly squat because ms has said that dx 10 will be VISTA ONLY so your dx 10 card will just sit there playing dx 9 games until vista comes out along with dx 10.

so your question should be when will vista come out

ps search is your friend

Of more interest prior to Vista (for me anyway) is just what DX9.0L will bring to the table. Hopefully some of the D3D10 API improvements can be backported to DX9.0c hardware, although if this is technically feasible I'm in no way sure.

ManicOne said:
Of more interest prior to Vista (for me anyway) is just what DX9.0L will bring to the table. Hopefully some of the D3D10 API improvements can be backported to DX9.0c hardware, although if this is technically feasible I'm in no way sure.

I don't think 9.0L brings anything new to the table, other than this is what will ship with Vista, as DX10 is now a separate component from DX9.

heatlesssun said:
as DX10 is now a separate component from DX10.
:confused:

i know it was said before that they'll be released when vista comes out; i just wanted to know if thats changed or not.

to the people who answered, thanks.

to the people who said to use the search engine, get off your fucking high horse, if a forum's not for asking questions then itd just be a news page with links to news, cuz if it hasn't been said already, then theres no answer :rolleyes:

i already said i scanned the front page, there was nothing. i wanted an answer fast, so i made a new thread; next time if you want someone to search, then just dont fucking say anything so itd be faster to search than to wait for an answer.

Corrected my post, thanks!

Right now there just isn't a lot in the rumor mill about DX10. Did see somewhere where someone said that R600 is taped out. That usually means about 3 months till product launch if they were going full speed ahead.

My guess is that who ever releases first, and I kinda think its going to be ATI, that the other guy will be no later than a month after.

Really though, the real launch date is whenever Vista comes out. I'm going to buy my first DX10 part based on how it performs in Vista, I am not even going to worry about XP perforamance cause when Vista is final, I'll probably never game on XP anymore any way.

Soymilk said:
to the people who said to use the search engine, get off your fucking high horse, if a forum's not for asking questions then itd just be a news page with links to news, cuz if it hasn't been said already, then theres no answer :rolleyes:

W3RD!!!!
So what if they announced it would come out next week? Does searching for an outdated post do any fucking good?

Soymilk said:
the point of a forum is being able to get answers without needing to search

I stopped reading here. Kindly go make an ass out of yourself somewhere else. Search is there for a reason. It's fine if you forgot, but making up some excuse about why you shouldn't have to use it is just lame.

Soymilk said:

i already said i scanned the front page, there was nothing. i wanted an answer fast, so i made a new thread; next time if you want someone to search, then just dont fucking say anything so itd be faster to search than to wait for an answer.

It would have been faster to search than wait for someone to answer you but thats besides the point.
You want us to help you but you arent prepared to help yourself.
The forum exists for our pleasure as well as yours.

You have recevied many useful answers but you concentrated on those where people raised issue with the way you conduct yourself. Rather than fight us, why not do the right thing and join in the forum with good spirit.

I dont want to bash you but you are getting at respected members of the forum and making for trashy reading. I like this place, lets keep it nice.

i'm not the one that started the "trashy" talk. i tried being respectful, all it got was more thread crappers.
lloose said:
Every time a thread that asks when DX10 cards are coming out, Nvidia and Ati bump it back another week.

if that were the case, we would never see dx10..
Dude, honestly.. if you just look on the front page and go back 3 pages, there are about 10 threads JUST in that span asking the same fucking question.

a forum is a community; a community is supposed to help its members out. i doubt anyone thinks having a bunch of people come in flaming for not wanting to use the search function is very helpful.

the forum's for your viewing pleasure as well as mine? then don't come into the thread, don't read it, and don't reply to it. wait, but you did. so obviously you take pleasure in doing this. why else would you enter the thread? it's obvious what my question was from the title.

i said thanks for the info to the people who kindly just came in and answered my question, i'll say it again. thanks for not being an ass, and thanks for being helpful contributing member of the community.

looks like the thread is turning into a flame war on the virtues of using the search function though, so i'm going to stop coming back and responding. i'd lock the thread, but i cant find the lock thread function; it's not in the thread tools dropdown menu, where it is for other vbulletin boards.

Soymilk said:
i'd lock the thread, but i cant find the lock thread function; it's not in the thread tools dropdown menu, where it is for other vbulletin boards.

Its right there under admin tools/close thread...you could have searched a little harder :rolleyes: :D

Soymilk said:
:confused:

i know it was said before that they'll be released when vista comes out; i just wanted to know if thats changed or not.

to the people who answered, thanks.

Notice the people who answered your question also politely asked you to use the search button? You don't need to start a duplicate thread to get answers when one was already posted a few days ago. The point of the forum is to start a discussion that will answer a question for those that choose to post in it, or read it. Its purpose is not for members to answer a question 10x.

A little bird told me Q3~Q4 this year...but they won't be in retail til a bit later, early next year.

when Vista appears so will G80 cards, no Vista no G80 and Iam 100% sure on that. At the very earliest late november to take adavantage of xmas and for people upgrading for Vista, more likely Q1 2007.

No one knows; we just know it'll be coming out this year or maybe early next year. And all the people saying "it's a dx10 card, it'll only be good with vista" and all that stuff will end up getting it. You know you will cause it will add a huge performance boost to a lot of the games you can't run right now, like oblivion.

karatekid said:
No one knows; we just know it'll be coming out this year or maybe early next year. And all the people saying "it's a dx10 card, it'll only be good with vista" and all that stuff will end up getting it. You know you will cause it will add a huge performance boost to a lot of the games you can't run right now, like oblivion.

iam not disagreeing, what Iam saying is that Nvidia wont release DX10 class hardware without an appropriate OS to go with it.

kleox64 said:
iam not disagreeing, what Iam saying is that Nvidia wont release DX10 class hardware without an appropriate OS to go with it.

You mean like no one released DirectX 9.0 hardware before directX 9.0?

Terra...

karatekid said:

maybe i worded my response poorly. what i meant was with a dx 10 card you will see no dx 10 games until vista and dx10 are out. i woudl bet my bottom dollar that you will get a very nice speed boost in all dx 9 games, and if i have the cash on hand when they come you can sign me up for one :D

Terra said:
You mean like no one released DirectX 9.0 hardware before directX 9.0?

Terra...

thats different DX10 depends on Vista and only Vista.

kleox64 said:
thats different DX10 depends on Vista and only Vista.

The cards where still out before DX9 and any games that supported DX9...

Terra...

perhaps there should be a sticky for this question???

I wouldnt worry about DX10 stuff. If you are one of those people who upgrades every other generation, then I would buy a card right now. get an x1800 or something with some bang for the buck. then next year, get another x1800 crossfire for $100 when the DX10 cards are out. There wont be any HAVE TO HAVE DX10 games out for a while. Most likely second generation DX10 cards will be out by the time you need a DX10 card.

g80 was supposed to be "as early as june". the rumor seems to be september...but knowing nvidia and ati probalby later. r600 is supposed to be around during the "holiday season."

Back