Whats the equivalent of an old R9 270x?

ChRoNo16

[H]ard|Gawd
Have a Toxic edition R9 270x.

Wont fit in my new Fractal Node 804 chassis.

Need help finding a short replacement, something the same era, I dont want a new expensive card.

just something nvidia flavor that will fit in my case nicely and play Battlefield 4

Zotac makes a gtx 1060 mini that is quite small.
You can probably find great deal on ebay for that if you prefer to save coin going used.

I used one of these until 1070ti upgrade.
Was a great card, maintained 1874 mhz clocks in games stock (no oc applied).

nah, the 1050Ti would be miles ahead of the old 270.

The 270 is a rebadged 7870, which was far slower than the 7950, which was slower than the 7970, which is about equivilent to a highly overclocked 960, which is about on-par with a 1050.
I understand its a bit faster. But relativly the most compact card that can be found on the Nvidia side. I think a 1050 would be not worth it

nah, the 1050Ti would be miles ahead of the old 270.

The 270 is a rebadged 7870, which was far slower than the 7950, which was slower than the 7970, which is about equivilent to a highly overclocked 960, which is about on-par with a 1050.

Pretty close, but I'm fairly certain the 960(stock) > 1050

I agree with the rest

hot damn, you're right. I just looked at userbench scores. For some reason I remember the 960 as being absolute trash...

apparently a 960 is in fact faster. but it depends on how much you have to spend. a 1050Ti is better than the 1050, but the RX 570 is a whole other world faster than the 1050Ti and cheaper, and you can find short-ish versions that will easily fit into your machine.

have a look at RX570 versus 1050Ti comparison on the userbenchmark site. The RX570 is in another field.

Ended up getting a GTX 1050. I was at micro center over the weekend trying to solve a ram issue and I said the hell with it, the price wasnt good I know, but it fits in my case and works. I dont like the fan setup on newer cards tho. Whats a safe temp in Fahrenheit for a video card to run at? this thing is sitting around 150 and 0 fan RPM and I dont like it.

Most newer cards are set to run 0 RPM up to 60*C which is 140*F. You can set a fan curve with MSI afterburner easy enough. However 60*C temps are fine

We generally talk celsius when discussing CPU and GPU temps. That said, 150°F is about 65°C, which is warm, but not an issue for a modern GPU.

You can use Afterburner to change the fan profile and cool things off if you'd prefer.

Edit: Ninja'd by Matt

Around 80C and above is where is starts to get dangerous and your GPU may throttle. You usually want to be in the 60 - 70C range under load.

The default fan profiles are usually crap, so download MSI Afterburner and set a custom curve. I have mind set at 50% fan at 30C curved up to 100% at 70C (it looks kind of like half of a bowl).

I don't mind the noise and use headphones so the fan is not a problem. If you are going for a quiet rig, you'll have to tweak it different.

Back