What's the deal w/ Folding@Home?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZacharyS

Gawd
I see all these comments about it, but I have no clue what it's all about. Do you get anything for doing it? Is it like a "benchmark" giving you bragging rights? How do I get started?

Do it and then girls start showing you their boobs. It's grrrreat!

Do it and then girls start showing you their boobs. It's grrrreat!

Actually, mary here is the only one that will show his/her boobs for folding. Please don't ask him/her to do this as he/she will be more than happy to do it and no one else (except for moose) want to see this.

Actually, mary here is the only one that will show his/her boobs for folding. Please don't ask him/her to do this as he/she will be more than happy to do it and no one else (except for moose) want to see this.

Speak for yourself... I think I'd like to see it :eek:

To get back on-topic.. Folding@Home is a Distributed Computing program which aims to further the understanding of Protein folding - a key process involved in the human body's cellular biology. The research aims to understand, and find cures for, diseases such as:
  • Alzheimer's Disease
  • Parkinson's Disease
  • Cancer
  • Huntington's Disease
  • Osteogenesis Imperfecta

Aswell as helping to forever further the understanding of ribosomes & associated antibiotics.
By running Folding@Home, your computer downloads a Work Unit - a certain "peice" of the simulation/experiment, and processes it. Once finished, the results are sent back to the central Servers... When your computer's computations are combined with many many other computers around the world, Folding@Home forms the world's most powerful supercomputer.

Welcome to the [H]orde, fold on!

...so ..for a dollar I could actuall touch M's manboobs ...would that still be classified under the unwritten laws of "boob grace"? :confused:

Truly wise men know it all revolves around the boobs. All thing come from, and go to the boobs. Boobs are the cause of, and the answer to all of life's problems.

Boobs, what can't they do!

And on that note...

Zach, I hope you got what you were looking for. Welcome to the [H]orde! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back