What's the best way to record streaming videos ?

Cov

Gawd
Hi,

I really want to make this work without using Firefox - I use I.E. 8.0 and Windows 7.

Tried HiDownload 7.30 but when going to "Add" / "Streams" / and trying to select the option "Flash Video Streaming", the following error comes up:

hidownload2c27o.png

What can I do please ... or ... would you know a different working solution ??

Thanks !

Last edited:
Alright, the software is called WM Capture

wmcaptureylst.png

The usage can't be more simple:

1. Clicking on settings, you can setup

• Audio bit-rate
  • Video bit-rate
  • Frames per second
  • Video format
  • Video acceleration on/off
  • Setting a limit for recording size & time
  • Set output folder
  • etc etc

2. before you start recording, you first define an area that will be recorded

• either by clicking on Get Window, that will put a frame around an i.e. embedded player
  • or by clicking on Show Markers, where you can resize the frame around whatever you wanna record

3. Then you simply click record on WM Capture and play the video clip / start the streaming.

• You can pause and continue at anytime.
  • While recording, it shows you exact info about time and size of the recording in process.
  • When the videoclip / streaming is finished, click stop.
  • The recording is located at the predefined location and can be seen by clicking on View.
Easy peasy lemon squeezy

Please note, that the Demo allows you to record up to 2 minutes only.
Once it has been unlocked, there're no limitations unless defined by yourself in Settings.

Further I noticed that it really does record anything and everything ...
meaning, if you open a new window while recording, or hoover with your mouse over the video - it records all that ... you really get what you see !

Well, I think I deserve a thank you now .. :D

Hmmm, have been told here that the idea above wasn't all that good.
FireFox apparently is able to record video streaming with the right plugin though.

Might be trying that out.

This seems like a very getto-bootleg way of recording a streaming video. Anyone know of a better or more practical way then to use a Desktop Recording software? I guess if its possible to stream it, I'm sure its possible to download the files considering you know where to look...

Hi, I have just downloaded FireFox 4.5.2 and have to say ... AMAZING.

It is far more userfriendly than I dared to expect and downloading videos is a childs play now.

You just need to install the "plug-in's" of your desire i.e. adblock or Downloadhelper, and you're good to go.

Can't get ANY easier then that.

PS: do I get a hug now Monkey34 ? haha

Back