What's the best graphic card?

You need to be more specific. We have no idea what would be best for you.

System specs, budget, and usage type, please? If gaming, what games?

Also what resolution are you planning on running the monitors at. Running 3 monitors at 1080p vs 4k are going to require substantially different gpu power.

I have had both semi highest end cards availble in the begining of this year.

780 ti
and
290x

I loved the 780ti but since I am a battlefield fiend, I swapped it for a 290x to try mantle. I have barely noticed the difference but in return I got to save $150 BUT even though my 290x is a Sapphire Tri-X it is still pretty damn loud.

they both have the ups and downs though my tilt is now 780ti since mantle is not really as big a deal (for now) as I thought it was.

I love my 780Ti but I have to admit now that the prices have returned to normal the 290X is a better value. Do yourself a favor and go for one of the non reference cooler models.

For 3 monitors, I would recommend amd's 290x (2 preferably). Bigger bus and extra 1gb of v-ram will come in handy.

I have had both semi highest end cards availble in the begining of this year.

780 ti
and
290x

I loved the 780ti but since I am a battlefield fiend, I swapped it for a 290x to try mantle. I have barely noticed the difference but in return I got to save $150 BUT even though my 290x is a Sapphire Tri-X it is still pretty damn loud.

they both have the ups and downs though my tilt is now 780ti since mantle is not really as big a deal (for now) as I thought it was.

Mantle is still a beta and unknown what the limits are yet and we know Intel wants it for testing as well as others .. so it's still a big deal.

If the OP can do crossfire then 2 x R9-280 is the sweet spot as it would be cheaper and faster..

yeah, those are high end.

Only thing higher are the Halo products (295x, Titan, TitanZ)

Yeah either a 780ti sli, 290x crossfire / 295x or the ludicrous TitianZ are the best as of yet

AMD 295x2 holds the "fastest single card for gaming, damn the budget" title for now.

Last edited:
I'm still rocking my 690, though 3 monitors would need way more vram at that resolution.

Go with the Sapphire R9 290X TRI-X OC http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HJOKARI. The bus size and VRAM are excellent for a triple monitor setup.

With the high resolutions you have, you won't run short like you would with only having 3GB VRAM. You may, however, want to go SLI and if you go that route the 290 may be a better choice.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back