What's the best gaming PC maker?

GDGD

Weaksauce
I've heard Alienware, Falcon-NW, and Voodoo are pretty good, but I want more imput on this.

i dont care what who says, alienware computers rock.. they are sell outs, they are overcharged, but they fukin rock..

once they release the dual video card system, watercooled and OC'd processor at 3.8GHz stock...

i dont know what im gonna do :X

btw, they have 2 high end vid cards, each writing half the screen.. there is a pci-e 1x card that controls the cards in what to write. it runs doom3 at max quality at 86fps or somethin i can't member i read it at THG

then I take it you have either never tried or are 6 years old, ANYONE can build their own machines. I built my first tre gaming rig when i was 8

GDGD said:
I'm not that good at building PCs...
Dude, how many have you done?

Part A fits into slot A.

Part B fits into slot B.

The only part requiring any amount of skill is the CPU, and if you're nervous, you could always just go for the stock route (processor in a retail kit with retail heatsink), which is designed to be easy to install. The only think you can really do wrong with a retail heatsink is to put it on backwards.

Everything else is just plug and go.

Choosing the parts is the hardest part, and we can help you with that.

after that, it's just plug it toegther and install Windoze.

GDGD said:
I've heard Alienware, Falcon-NW, and Voodoo are pretty good, but I want more imput on this.

those are all completely over priced machines

if I were you, I would find a local pc builder in your area and have them make you a custom machine. That would still be better than spending 2 grand on some alienware crap.

Build your own. Just go to barnes and nobles and pick yourself a building computer book. MaximumPC this month has a build your own PC guide. It is pretty easy, been building them for the last 11 years...

I build computers all the time for people who want similer gaming machines and it is amazing how much you can save! There is no need to buy an alienware or falcon....., custom built computers are always the best. If you dont want to learn how to build one, then get someone to build one for you. You wont regret doing so.

GDGD said:
Ah, what the heck, maybe I will build my own. :)

Hey, I'm building MY first rig and I'm having alot of fun. You definately learn a LOT! Seriously, it ain't hard at all. The worst part is waiting for the damn FedEx man every few days. :D

You should, I did mine, first computer I ever built, had no idea what the hell I was doing, I read the books that came w/ the parts and I'm writting this on the rig I built(its in my sig). And on Friday I built my brothers computer. I had fewer hickups w/ his then I did with mine, was my second computer and the only problem I had was the damn power button(i hate those stupid things, can never figure out which is + and which is -). So do it. Like someone said, we will help you pick out parts and help you as much as we can w/ putting it together.

Before you build your own, or even look for parts, read at least 2 or 3 guides on doing so. If you do, you will feel much more comfortable when the time comes to actually do it. Googling should find you some good guides. I would suggest some myself, but the only one I remember is from www.arstechnica.com and I think it may be a little outdated by now. It was a good guide when I read it about 4 years ago....

Falcon NW...Only systems that I would get if I didn't build my own...

The Dell XPS isn't bad either...

the maximum pc guide this month was really great. IT has lots of illustrations and actual pics as well as clear, detailed instructions. I STRONGLY reccomend you go out and buy a copy of it.

If you want to game...

A lot of gaming at maximum quality and detail requires a bit of tweaking, even on high-end systems. So you should make a point to know what you're doing - this board is a great help for that, too.

So this is another vote for "Build your own."

These days DIY for PC is pretty common-place and well supported by the hardware companies as well as the community.

I definatly suggest building your own like everyone else has. It's easy, it's cheaper, and hell, it's pretty gratifying.

On a side note, Falcon NW gets my vote for best manufactuared PC maker.

Find a friend that's built their own rig and get them to help with yours. You'll get the benefit of a custom built computer, as well as the experience of putting one together. If they've done it before, they probably like it, and would most likely jump on the chance to do it.

Everything is easier when you've got someone who's done it before right beside you.

Building your own is the ONLY way to go me thinks..theres no way i would want to pay a guy god knows how mnay more hundreds of dollars to do somthing that a 10 yearold can do, or as someone else did an 8 year old can do...it doesnt need skill..it doesnt really need that much brains...its really common sense half the time, and that which isnt? thats why they package manuals with the parts..the hardest part is picking parts..after that...Mr.FedEx drops em off at ur door...and open it...it takes around 15 mins to put it together.. 25 if ur a noob...what i did for a friend was i helped her pick the parts..they came..she called me over..i watched her do it herself while giving her a lecture about how each part was made, what it did, that way any time in the future, she would know how to do things...i taught her how to fish instead of giving her the fish for a one time meal.make sense? a goes to b...b goes in before c, c goes in after d, and then they all go together...its easy....

WWW.NEWEGG.COM is god use them

Please build your own. It might be 'easy' as some people claim but there are definitely some caveats to consider like plugging in a 3.5 cable the wrong way, avoiding shorts (use standoffs) and so on. A book or respectible how-to is definitely recommended.

CellBlock said:
Find a friend that's built their own rig and get them to help with yours. You'll get the benefit of a custom built computer, as well as the experience of putting one together. If they've done it before, they probably like it, and would most likely jump on the chance to do it.

Everything is easier when you've got someone who's done it before right beside you.
....teh winnah..!!...:cool:

Seriously, it's not that hard.....but it's lots easier with someone that's done it at least once before. Main thing is have fun and learn a bunch while you are at it.

Regards - B.B.S.

as everyone else said, do it yourself.

Doing it yourself is very [H].

When your friends come over, be like....

"Look at the computer I built." instead of

"look at all the money I spent on crap I could have built myself."

/gets of soap box to go take a dump

If you were going to still buy one, get the Falcon NW Mach V Icon exotic. The thing comes with a 4.28 P4 :eek:

Price for it is 7300 but you can take 1000 off if you dont want the paint job...

jamezzz122 said:
If you were going to still buy one, get the Falcon NW Mach V Icon exotic. The thing comes with a 4.28 P4 :eek:

Price for it is 7300 but you can take 1000 off if you dont want the paint job...

7300 for a computer, screw that. Imagine the rig"S" I can build with that money......

Building your own is the only way to go. If you're serious about spending a lot of money might as well go for the gold and assemble it yourself, whats the worst that can happen...... :eek:

Back