What's the BEST Corsair closed loop cooler?

Astralogic

Gawd
And by best I mean keeping the temps down, I don't care about the noise. I'm going to hazard a guess and say the H110 because it has the biggest number.

I currently have a H100 and it keeps my OCed 4770K (4.4ghz) at 80c under load. What drop in temps would I see be looking at by upgrading?

IIRC the H110 is around 5% better cooling at loaded, overclocked temps. At idle or stock clocks there wasnt that much difference. Not sure thats worth $120 but it could be I guess if youre going to the max overclock you can get. The H110 is also a little quieter than the H100 too so that might actually make it worth it after all.

I was hoping to at least get to 4.6ghz, I don't think 5 degrees is gonna get me that far :(

you can improve the cooling capability of the h100 by upgrading the fans or going with a push/pull fan arrangement.

Depending on your case, you could improve temps by improving case airflow...adding some washers to the backplate of your cooler...or chaning/adding fans to your cooler for push/pull and/or changing it to intake fresh air rather than exhaust case air. My results of doing just that:

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1831234

if you are at 80Cº at load, if you changed eevrything for the best of best expect around 5Cº less:

switch TIM to Indigo extreme
go for Nepton 280L AIO
4 fan push pull

If the H100i has managed 80ºC at load i wouldn't bother upgrade anything on the setup, as this temp is par for the course and no amount of tweaking would grant me a single Ghz of overclock headroom.

If I can delid a microchip, anyone can. 20c right off the top.
Think h105 is technically their biggest AIO.

80c under a synthetic load such as prime95 torture test is GREAT. For normal things like gaming, it'll be at least 15-20 cooler.

I can't be bothered to delid my chip since it is 15c less than Intel specifies as "safe".

I was hoping to at least get to 4.6ghz, I don't think 5 degrees is gonna get me that far :(

you have to delid to reach high overclock with low temperatures...

you can improve the cooling capability of the h100 by upgrading the fans or going with a push/pull fan arrangement.

correct that would be my first move 4x of high static pressure fans...

if you are at 80Cº at load, if you changed eevrything for the best of best expect around 5Cº less:

switch TIM to Indigo extreme
go for Nepton 280L AIO
4 fan push pull

If the H100i has managed 80ºC at load i wouldn't bother upgrade anything on the setup, as this temp is par for the course and no amount of tweaking would grant me a single Ghz of overclock headroom.

its the first H100. the H100i itself its already a upgrade over an h100.. and the Glacer 240L its much better than the Nepton 280L..

If I can delid a microchip, anyone can. 20c right off the top.
Think h105 is technically their biggest AIO.

^.. again this its the best answer to all chips, and should be the first of any all steps in the way of improve the thermal cooling its a must to do in the list.. with a delided chip any cooler can be a monster cooling because the heat generated its pretty low in the more recent intel chips..

If you upgrade to custom water, you're looking at a drastic drop. I went from an AIO 240mm (not dissimilar to your H100) to custom water (280mm) and my temps dropped by 20 °.

It's expensive, and sometimes a bit frightening to put together at first, but if a H100 is not cutting it, then custom water is your only real upgrade.

There are some super rare instances of 360mm AIO CLCs, which might see a bit if an upgrade.

If you upgrade to custom water, you're looking at a drastic drop. I went from an AIO 240mm (not dissimilar to your H100) to custom water (280mm) and my temps dropped by 20 °.

It's expensive, and sometimes a bit frightening to put together at first, but if a H100 is not cutting it, then custom water is your only real upgrade.

There are some super rare instances of 360mm AIO CLCs, which might see a bit if an upgrade.
You can get a lot quieter too. If that is of concern.

Back