What's the best Android currently available on Verizon

Talon

2[H]4U
My upgrade is up. What's my best option for Verizon at the moment? Is there anything coming out within a month that's worth waiting for?

Personally it's the Galaxy Note 3. Awesome phone in almost everyone's opinion that likes big phones. Rumor of the Note 4 coming out in September...

At the moment, probably these: Galaxy S5, HTC One, Galaxy Note 3. I own the Note 3 and I love it.

I'd vote for the new HTC One, unless you want a higher-resolution camera. In the near future: possibly the LG G3 and Moto X+1 (or whatever it's called). The G3 for the screen, and the Moto X+1 will likely have some genuinely useful features.

G2 is the best phone right now. And G3 is coming probably within the month, and then in a few months we'll be in fall season with devices like the new Moto, Note 4 etc being announced.

Ugh, I hate these threads.

There's never a "best" phone. Go to a Verizon store, see what's comfortable to use, read/watch some reviews on the phones you liked, then decide from there.

Having said that, I opted for the One M8 coming from the Note 2, instead of the Note 3, and am loving it. Also, FYI, if you like to root/ROM your phone, the One M8 and G2 are basically the only phones on Verizon that will allow you to do that at the moment. There's not even a root method out for the S5 yet, which is insane.

you might want to wait for G3 (sometime in the summer)

there's a very small rumor is that Verizon might get the Sony Xperia Z2... don't count on this though

Out of the currently available selection, it's easily the HTC One M8. Whenever the LG G3 gets released, then maybe the G3. Reviews for it isn't out yet. Not being able to get rid of TouchWiz is the reason why not to get a Samsung Galaxy S5.

Out of the currently available selection, it's easily the HTC One M8. Whenever the LG G3 gets released, then maybe the G3. Reviews for it isn't out yet. Not being able to get rid of TouchWiz is the reason why not to get a Samsung Galaxy S5.
you can get rid of most of it by downloading any of the following
apex launcher
nova launcher (i use this)
go launcher
after loading those the only tw you will see is the settings menu...

Holy crap $18k If you manage to hack a way to get root on the att+vzw gs5....

If you went Samsung, I'd actually argue for the GS5 over the Note 3 unless you absolutely need maximum battery life. Much more pocketable and a better camera that's actually usable in low light. And hey, if you wait a bit, it'll apparently be available in blue on Verizon (beats the usual black or white, in my mind).

Last edited:
HTC One M8 has been my favorite Android phone to date. And I've owned 12 different Android smartphones the past 4 years.

And the battery life on my One has been almost as good as my old Note 2.

Since I love my moto X, I would definitely wait for the Moto X+1 (or whatever it will be called). It is the Nexus phone of Verizon basically. Stock interface and oh so smooth. Everything rocks aside from the shitty camera. If the Moto X+1 improves on everything and includes a better camera, it will be hard to beat.

Note 3 nothing in the next month is likely to change that unless you want a curved screen of funny placed buttons.

Back