what's the best 6800 Ultra(or Ultra Extreme)?

Harkamus

Supreme [H]ardness
What is the best Ultra or Ultra Extreme, and where can I order it online? I can't seem to find places that have them in stock. My system is complete save for the vid card.

Gainwards and Leadteks Heatsinks on their Ultra's are looking very tempting, The Golden Sample from Gainward looks a bit more promising than Leadteks. Currently I havent found any sites with them in stock, but I found the Golden Sample from Gainward being sold from Computerhq, dont think they've arrived quite yet.

So which companies make the Ultra Extreme besides eVGA? The 450 mhz ones.

EDIT: So how's the eVGA 6800 Ultra Extreme Edition?

Harkamus said:
So which companies make the Ultra Extreme besides eVGA? The 450 mhz ones.

EDIT: So how's the eVGA 6800 Ultra Extreme Edition?
They don't have them for sale yet but they are giving away some UEE models through their "scavenger hunt" game on the eVGA site.

Early NV6800 reviews stated BFG, eVGA, and Gainward would be launch partners with Extreme Edition chips. Both Gainward and BFG chose to go with water cooled cards for EE and different memory/clock performance settings. eVGA also has it's own performance settings for the Ultra Extreme fan/heatsink cooled card.

mustang said:
Both Gainward and BFG chose to go with water cooled cards for EE and different memory/clock performance settings. eVGA also has it's own performance settings for the Ultra Extreme fan/heatsink cooled card.

I've been all over Gainward's website and it says "fan and heatsink" for the Golden Sample UE.

Just read a head to head review between albatron and asus 6800ultra cards and the albatron clocked to 460 gpu while the asus only manged around 430. they were very pleased with the albatron it's a crap shoot tho' you just never know what the one you get will do til you hook it up.

WZ

Back