whats the best 24" lcd to get?

Nvidia101

[H]ard|Gawd
what is the best 24" lcd to get at 1920 x 1200 resolution at a good price for gaming?

so far I found:

gateway refurb FHD2401 $280 shipped.

Dell S2409W (Black) 24" brand new for $260 shipped.

Last edited:
Title should really be changed to reflect price limitation as your price will net you no where near the "best" within the 24" range.

For the record, I didn't come here to scold, it's just that I was going to post some suggestions, but that budget eliminated everything I was going to offer.

what is the best 24" lcd to get at 1920 x 1200 resolution at a good price?

so far I found:

gateway refurb FHD2401 $280 shipped.

Dell S2409W (Black) 24" brand new for $260 shipped.

Really depends on what you want to use it for, general use, gaming etc. I didn't have a good experience with it, but many have enjoyed using the BenQ G2400WD...you can get it for about 300 shipped too.

I own the Gateway FHD2400. It has a beautiful, sharp, dynamic picture. I mostly game and love it for this. Red is fairly strong out of the box but I just adjusted it down. Text is sharp also. The only problem is I have the well known problem of severe back light bleed. If you look up the Gateway FHD2400 thread you will see what I am talking about.

If it wasnt for the back light bleed this lcd would have been a hands down top 3 LCD.
Having said that and getting tired of the BLB I've been looking around for a replacement and havent found anything yet that matches or supercedes my picture. Still looking though. In fact I've also been considering the Gateway 2401 refurb so I posted a thread asking for information on any backlight bleed but not much response. Gateway may have fixed the problem on the 2401. I dont know hence the thread.

I prefer the glossy monitors for gaming so you might want to try the HP2558HC LCD. I looked at it but didnt like the blue tint it has and the whites just arent as white as my FHD2400. The Text also didnt seem as sharp or defined. Ymmv

If you go for the Gateway 2401 pls post your experiece. For the price of 280ish and the picture I have on my 2400 I will certainly pick one up if they have fixed the back light bleed problem.

Hope this helps a little and if anyone owns the 2400 pls pipe up and let us know your experiece with any back light bleed on this monitor.

2209WA for sure. If you want at least a 24, then try HP 2475W.

Edit: You said gaming, then my suggestion doesnt apply. Any regular TN type LCD would be best.

With your budget get the Dell 2209WA.

Dave

but thats a 22". I need atleast a 24" something new ;) currently I have my mind set on that dell i mentioned since they have a 3 year warranty vs 1 year gateway. but the gateways glossy screen is awesome.

I highly recommend the Samsung T240. It's affordable, and an excellent gaming panel with no ghosting and very fast response time. It also has a very high contrast ratio and the best colors I have seen on a TN panel.

Hmmm i got T240 and the colors are farrrrrrr from good,also it ghosting bad shiftcolor and all worst,i wont even talk about how hard is on the eyes text change colors awful unit if you ask me!
LG models > Samsung also Benq.

I am thinking of picking up a BenQ G2400WD just for gaming/surfing. what do you guys think?

and when you said NEC 2490, do you mean SpectraView 2490 or LCD2490WUXi-BK ??

mike

I am thinking of picking up a BenQ G2400WD just for gaming/surfing. what do you guys think?

and when you said NEC 2490, do you mean SpectraView 2490 or LCD2490WUXi-BK ??

mike

Its the same monitor the Spectraview model comes with calibration software and
eye1 display to make the monitor look even better (calibration)
If you got the money Nec2490 #1 hands down im getting one also soon!

i have the 2490, it's an awesome monitor. the only monitor i have had that surpassed it, was a viewsonic p225f.

Back