Whats that noise?

Cypher-

[H]ard|Gawd
mow.jpg

Oh. Nevermind. Just my new mower. Carry on.

Oh baby.. baby.. I am glad you are with the [H]orde.

I can't hear anything. Maybe you should try opening the boxes first :p.

Actually those are all empty. Its up and running right now. I'm still installing everything though. Overclocking will start shortly.

I'll get some up later.

These D0 chips make it so easy.... prime95 testing 4ghz (201x20) and the max temp seems to be 74c. I have the voltage manually set at 1.35 so next I'm going to try backing it down to drop the temps. My only concern is that when I start the videocard overclocking its gonna get to hot in the case. We shall see...

That is a nice, nice rig. I really wish I'd waited a little bit before getting my new computer now...D0s and GTX275s... *sigh...*

Heres a few more pics.

http://xploited1.com/i7/

It still needs some more wire management and some cleaning up but I'll save that for a day when I'm bored.

One quick question about folding on dual gpu's. I know they each have to be connected to a monitor which I have done. The problem is that windows is taking my second monitor and extending my desktop onto it. I keep losing my mouse on the right side of the screen because I don't actually want to use it as a dual monitor setup. If I disable the display the card wont fold. Is there any way to fix this?

ohh nice, gonna do some folding on that x fi? I like the case what model is it?

One quick question about folding on dual gpu's. I know they each have to be connected to a monitor which I have done. The problem is that windows is taking my second monitor and extending my desktop onto it. I keep losing my mouse on the right side of the screen because I don't actually want to use it as a dual monitor setup. If I disable the display the card wont fold. Is there any way to fix this?
Can't you mirror one desktop onto the other screen as well? Otherwise you could just use the second monitor...

O are you only running a single monitor and just have them both hooked up?
If thats the case, then you can adjust the monitors position in the screen resolution like this.
2qnmr8x.png

This way the mouse only has a little area that it can leave and if it does just drag the mouse down and to the left.
It actually works surprisingly well.

Hope this helps :)

I had no idea you could do that. I did mine to the left side though since I was losing the mouse when I went to close full screen windows.

Thanks!

Just a quick heads up:------

Just because its P95 stable doesn't mean it will fold bigadv stable.
Bigadv work-units stress out the memory subsystem as well as all the cores a lot more than P95 does.
I found I was P95 stable @3.8Ghz, 200x 18, but that was bigadv unstable to fold at that speed.
Upping the speed to 3.9Ghz by running 21x 185, is bigadv stable.
I thinks its due to the slightly slower memory speed, 1450Mhz vs 1600Mhz.

Luck ............ :D

I just wanted to use prime95 to make sure it was somewhat stable. I started getting errors at 4ghz so I backed it down to 3.8ghz. After running prime95 for 2 hours without a problem I started up a smp virtual machine. Its crunching regular smp units without a problem so far. Once I get my 10 units done ill switch to the bigadv units. Hopefully it will still be ok. If not I get to play more.

Back