whats teh best way to clean finger prints off a lian li ?

hollandbk

Weaksauce
I love the way these cases look but they are finger print magnets ( especially the black ones), what are the best techniques and products out there that will remove fingerprints and grease with out damaging the anodized finish :confused:

Well, when I got my first Lian Li case a few years ago, my friends smeard butter all over the case so it was really greasy, I just took some washing liquid on a piece of cloth and wipe it clean. Worked great.

I use rubbing alcohol to get rid of the fingerprint marks on my Lian Li PC-A70B

Well, when I got my first Lian Li case a few years ago, my friends smeard butter all over the case so it was really greasy, I just took some washing liquid on a piece of cloth and wipe it clean. Worked great.

They buttered your Lian-Li...

What in the world called for such a situation? Nevermind. Don't want to know.

Anyway, I'd be pretty pissed if my friends got their dirty paws on my computer and did something like that.

Hehe, they did it only because I told them to not touch my case, and when I stopped whining about finger prints they stopped touch it.

Are you sure they are your friends?

I would water down 91% isopropyl to 50/50 water alcohol. there's no need for that high concentration of alcohol. plus it saves you having to buy more quicker. with higher alcohol comes higher chance of discoloration or distortion.

jstenuf, bigdogchris: Hehe, yeah I'm sure they are my friends and they did act immature, but being mature 24/7 isn't too fun, is it? :D

You don't need alcohol. Just use a damp microfiber cloth and wipe in the same direction as the aluminum hair-line.

But to be serious if you own a Lian-Li, you should not have any friends. As you read above Lian-Li and friends just don't work together. :p

I would water down 91% isopropyl to 50/50 water alcohol. there's no need for that high concentration of alcohol. plus it saves you having to buy more quicker. with higher alcohol comes higher chance of discoloration or distortion.

There's no reason to water down 91% isopropyl alcohol whatsoever when cleaning oily fingerprints from a Lian Li case. I've owned several for a number of years and the concentration works great.

I've never heard of discoloration or distortion using 91% alcohol on a Lian Li finish. And in hundreds of cleaning applications by me with my own Lian Li cases, I've never experienced any.

This thread should be stickied, I cringe when I see fingerprints in the Lian Li thread.

yeah your friends are really immature... I would try a little hydrochloric acid. Should take them right off...

Isopropyl alcohol and a microfiber... all you need. I keep just that in my drawer. I clean just about everything with ipa, I love how it cleans so well and leaves NO residue of any kind.

This thread should be stickied, I cringe when I see fingerprints in the Lian Li thread.

Actually, it seems like best for not having fingerprints is having the silver version of case (PC-V1110A vs PC-V1000B Plus II/PC-A17B/PC-A09B).

Back