Conroe E6600
Razer Copperhead
Saitek Eclipse II
Klipsch Pro Media 5.1
Tagan 1100W PSU
Dell 3007
PS3/Resistance: Fall of Man

:D :D :D

Your list makes me wish I were young again lol (I should have asked for more while I could lol)

winuxgeek said:
Your list makes me wish I were young again lol (I should have asked for more while I could lol)

with 2 notebooks, 1 of which is at least $3500, and your midrange desky, u arent doing too bad yourself.

Viewsonic VG2035WM 20" Widescreen LCD
Xbox 360 Premium with VGA cable and either GOW or RS6 Vegas
Logitech Wireless USB Controller
Warhammer 40k Dark Crusade
I highly doubt I'll get the 360 package. More like the monitor maybe.

DoomRulz said:
Water-cooled Lian Li G70B from Performance-PCs
Dual BFG 8800 GTXs, WCed edition
2GB Corsair Dominator RAM
ASUS Striker mobo
Conroe E6600
Razer Copperhead
Saitek Eclipse II
Klipsch Pro Media 5.1
Tagan 1100W PSU
Dell 3007

You must live in a rich family geeze. That is mainly my wish lists but probably for graduation instead of xmas :D

Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3
Intel E6300
Corsair HX520w
Tuniq HSF
Coolermaster Stacker 830
Vidabox Keyboard
Lian Li notebook cooler

and.....

USB Laser Missle Launcher

dust said:
You must live in a rich family geeze. That is mainly my wish lists but probably for graduation instead of xmas :D

I don't live in a rich family, that's the ironic part. It just that I intend to work hard enough that I can buy most of the stuff, if not all, by the end of the year.

DoomRulz said:
Water-cooled Lian Li G70B from Performance-PCs
Dual BFG 8800 GTXs, WCed edition
2GB Corsair Dominator RAM
ASUS Striker mobo
Conroe E6600
Razer Copperhead
Saitek Eclipse II
Klipsch Pro Media 5.1
Tagan 1100W PSU
Dell 3007

Everything hes getting rid of :p (it was in his sig >_< )

I've already got almost everything I wanted. Waiting on the graphics card.
I wouldn't mind a stacker 830 or the first seven seasons of stargate.
too bad no one sells a WC 830

My xmas list consists of:

-A newegg gift card
-A second 8800GTX
-Possibly watercooling (my own gift to myself)
-Possibly a TJ07 (my own gift to myself)

Might be time for a new desktop...

Holiday Special
Cooler Master Stacker 830 Mid/Full Tower Silver Chassis
Ultra-Quiet SureCool System Blue LED Fans
Ultra X-Connect 2 550 Watt Power Supply
XFX GeForce 7950 GX2 1GB Video Adapter
Seagate 250GB SATA 7,200 RPM
Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 4MB Processor HyperClocked to 3456MHz - 3500MHz
Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3 (775) Motherboard
2GB DD2 System Memory
Microsoft Windows XP Professional Operating System
Kingwin Removable SATA Hard Drive Cage
Sony 18X Dual Layer DVD Burner
Mitsumi 3.5" Floppy/Flash Media Drive
Delivered - 2500

PinataUT said:
Might be time for a new desktop...

Holiday Special
Cooler Master Stacker 830 Mid/Full Tower Silver Chassis
Ultra-Quiet SureCool System Blue LED Fans
Ultra X-Connect 2 550 Watt Power Supply
XFX GeForce 7950 GX2 1GB Video Adapter
Seagate 250GB SATA 7,200 RPM
Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 4MB Processor HyperClocked to 3456MHz - 3500MHz
Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3 (775) Motherboard
2GB DD2 System Memory
Microsoft Windows XP Professional Operating System
Kingwin Removable SATA Hard Drive Cage
Sony 18X Dual Layer DVD Burner
Mitsumi 3.5" Floppy/Flash Media Drive
Delivered - 2500

Thats a real nice setup :D ;)

man you lucky sobs...Lmao....

i asked for a Microsoft Zune (black) and some computer games :D

My Christmas list!

2x 200gig hard drives <- end up buying 2 on black friday.
1gig 3200pc DDRs
New Logitech mouse
DVD-rs/+rs/DLs
Maybe a new moutain bike tire.

thats it for now. :)

Well, Since I already own one of nearly everything, I am asking for a

Black 30GB iPod, and that is it.

[Ao1]Powerkiller said:
Well, Since I already own one of nearly everything, I am asking for a

Black 30GB iPod, and that is it.

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Creative Zen Vision:M FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Christmas List IS:

Some Onkyo 7.1's ( Buyin Myself )
All the speaker mounts ( Buyin Myself )

47 Inch Westy ( For some nice Counter Strike Source PWNAGE. )

And a new desktop...

Liquid Cooled Edition Thermaltake Armor
Intel E6300
EVGA 680i Mobo
250 GB 16MB Cache HDD
8800GTX

Anyone with 2x8800gtx with a 30inch+ LCD monitor I willing to be adopted :p!

1-HAUPPAUGE 1045 WINTV-PVR 150 PCI TV TUNER
2- 2nd DVD+/-RW Drive
3-CREATIVE SOUNDBLASTER X-FI XTREME MUSIC EN (Platinum...mayby)
4-HEADPHONES ICEMAT SIBERIA +MIC BLK
5-SEAGATE SATA2 320.0 SEAGATE 7200.10 16M

6-A new cell phone dunno witch one yet
7-Ipod video 30gig ....or nano 2-4gig

8-Zelda Twilight Princesse (for my Gamecube :( ..actually am pretty happy it went down for gamecube too)

If am vewwwyyy vewwwyy lucky.... Xbox 360 bundle for x-mas hopefully ... :D but I really doubt it ...

anddd finaly... "Command and Conquer Tiberium Wars" in MARCH.. Heheh!

Gifts from Family(hopefully):

1. Apevia Qpack Case (black with the side and top windows)
2. OCZ 700w PSU
3. Rounded Cables
4. Some case fans
5. Neverwinter Nights 2
6. Warhammer: Mark of Chaos

Gifts for myself:
1. New system to use the parts of 1-4 and play 5 and 6
2. Microsoft Zune or I may research into making myself an MP3 player (dunno yet)
3. Sony PSP (have DS, looking into the fun homebrew on this)
4. New Dremel (really nice corded one)

Well, this Xmas i'm getting myself a new PC, after 3 years! I'm planning to buy AMD Athlon 3800+, maybe even dual core; SLI MBO, dunno which one; 7600GT TDH Extreme; 2x 512 DDR2 RAM; and SAMSUNG 17'' CRT (i lack of fundings for a bigger one)

I don't know manufacturers of graphic cards well, but i'm buying Leadtek's, I could use recommendations if you know any, thanks.

Just want to say to all those guys that are buying gamer PC's and buying Core 2 Duo to buy AMD Athlon Dual Cores instead: they are cheaper and have better performances than any Intel's CPUs on games. :D

I don't expect anything nor am I going to tell anyone what I want because I know what I want is not within my families budget.

But if you must know....

Anykind of car, truck, suv, anything as long as it will get me to a job and back. lol that all I want but we're poor so I'm not even telling them what I want.

Hardcore Student said:
Just want to say to all those guys that are buying gamer PC's and buying Core 2 Duo to buy AMD Athlon Dual Cores instead: they are cheaper and have better performances than any Intel's CPUs on games. :D

you my friend are living in the past. amd's $750 fx-62 gets beat by intel's $310 e6600. and don't even ask about an fx-62 vs. an x6800. you would have been able to say that two years ago when intel was in fact getting pwned by amd, but the times have changed, and intel is the new speed king. its true that amds are cheaper, but the x2 3800+ is only cheaper then an e6300 by about $40. an e6300 is one of the best performing chips for the money available once you overclock it.

edit: here's proof: http://techreport.com/reviews/2006q3/core2/index.x?pg=5

I, much like the above poster, am not telling them what I want or asking them. It is simply out of their budget and they have my three younger brothers to get for. It would be unfair for me to get a 300-400$ item(s) when my brothers don't get anything near as nice.

But for youall, I share :)

iPod Video 30Gig
-OR-
Microsoft Zune 30Gig

But, outside of those things, I don't want a whole lot.

Nothing much. A couple of 7200.10, 320GB HDDs to safely store my data (RAID-1).

jordan172005 said:
I don't expect anything nor am I going to tell anyone what I want because I know what I want is not within my families budget.
I think most of us are talking about things we're buying for ourselves :p

That said, my dad just told me to find a laptop to order. Surprised the crap out of me, he must be doing well
eek.gif

Asked family for:

Apple Gift Cards

Getting for self (Jan. after Macworld):

Mac Pro

Only hardware thing I think I want ATM is an IPOD. I'm going to wait a few more months before I upgrade my PC.

digital rebel XT
extra WiiMote
excite truck for wii
one of those crazy cheese cutters with the marble base and wire that cuts the cheese
2-4gb CF Card
an A in my data structures class
tongue.gif

Buying myself the Wii and a macbook
cool.gif

you my friend are living in the past. amd's $750 fx-62 gets beat by intel's $310 e6600. and don't even ask about an fx-62 vs. an x6800. you would have been able to say that two years ago when intel was in fact getting pwned by amd, but the times have changed, and intel is the new speed king. its true that amds are cheaper, but the x2 3800+ is only cheaper then an e6300 by about $40. an e6300 is one of the best performing chips for the money available once you overclock it.

yeah, allright but i'm still not convinced. i checked at the local stores and the BUS is 1066 MHz, and CPU speed is 2600 MHz, but the price is about $300! I'm not exactly an expert at these BUS speeds, but shouldn't more be better?
the price for Intel Core 2 Duo e6700 is FAR BEYOND my funds. (which is, by the way limited to $1000.)
And i don't like overcloking too much 'cause im not experienced enough and i don't want to screw something up.

Hardcore Student said:

yeah, allright but i'm still not convinced. i checked at the local stores and the BUS is 1066 MHz, and CPU speed is 2600 MHz, but the price is about $300! I'm not exactly an expert at these BUS speeds, but shouldn't more be better?
the price for Intel Core 2 Duo e6700 is FAR BEYOND my funds. (which is, by the way limited to $1000.)
And i don't like overcloking too much 'cause im not experienced enough and i don't want to screw something up.

You shouldn't need much convicing. The Core 2 Duo chips themselves are cheaper. Yes you can have some Athlon X2's for less than Core 2 Duo's, but those entry level Athlons get beaten badly by the Core 2's. Even the lowly E6300 is more than a match for even mid level Athlons. The Core 2 Duo architecture is more effecient per clock cycle than the AMD's and the bus differences and motherboard based memory controller do not hinder their performance.

Core 2 Duo's not only rule in games, but they rule in everything else too. For example, all 4 of the highest end Core 2 Duo's beat the FX-62 easily. The E6600 ($312), E6700 ($500), X6800 ($999) and finally the QX6700 ($1199 pre-order).

Ok, the last couple are more expensive than the FX-62, but offer more performance, with lower power consumption.

Overclocked, all the Core 2 Duo's are absolutely ludicrous in terms of speed. The E6300 I've been using for motherboard reviews reaches 3.51GHz on air from 1.86GHz. At stock speeds, they kill all other processors. Overclocked they kill them by an even wider margin.

Dan_D said:
You shouldn't need much convicing. The Core 2 Duo chips themselves are cheaper. Yes you can have some Athlon X2's for less than Core 2 Duo's, but those entry level Athlons get beaten badly by the Core 2's. Even the lowly E6300 is more than a match for even mid level Athlons. The Core 2 Duo architecture is more effecient per clock cycle than the AMD's and the bus differences and motherboard based memory controller do not hinder their performance.

Core 2 Duo's not only rule in games, but they rule in everything else too. For example, all 4 of the highest end Core 2 Duo's beat the FX-62 easily. The E6600 ($312), E6700 ($500), X6800 ($999) and finally the QX6700 ($1199 pre-order).

Ok, the last couple are more expensive than the FX-62, but offer more performance, with lower power consumption.

Overclocked, all the Core 2 Duo's are absolutely ludicrous in terms of speed. The E6300 I've been using for motherboard reviews reaches 3.51GHz on air from 1.86GHz. At stock speeds, they kill all other processors. Overclocked they kill them by an even wider margin.

Agreed. And I use an FX-62. :)

Astrogiblet said:
Agreed. And I use an FX-62. :)

Well that's not to say that there is anything wrong with the FX-62 or any other Athlon 64, or X2. If you have a high end dual core X2 or FX, I don't recommend going with a Core 2 Duo, unless you just want to. In games the real world difference won't be that big. Plus the cost to switch is also another factor.

But if you are buying a new motherboard and CPU today, I can't recommend an Athlon X2 over a Core 2 Duo at this point. If you are buying below the $150 mark, then yeah, you can't get a new Core 2 Duo CPU for that, and Pentium D's are your only choice. So obviously the Athlon X2 has value in that market segment. Over the $150 mark, the Core 2 Duo gives you more bang for your buck at every price point, alot more in fact.

8800 GTS

Took about a nanosecond for that to make it to the top of my list once I saw how good Oblivion looked with AA+HDR+No more shimmering textures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back