Whats next for C & C

xTABx7

Gawd
Does anyone know what the next installment will be in the command and conquer line? last thing released was zero hour right?

There might not even be a next C&C... considering Westwood Studios (the company behind C&C) closed shop and moved to greener pastures.

whatever happened to tiberium twilight or whatever it was called? I'd love for them to go back to 2D

From what I"ve heard, C&C Generals and Zero Hour were the last installments of the series. EA devoured all the greatness that once was Westwood. I would be amazed to see another installment.

The team that made the C&C games is now known as EA Pacific.

They are currently working on a LOTR RTS, Battle for Middle Earth. There is no current announcement of another C&C game, but one will almost definetly come eventually.

Yogi said:
The team that made the C&C games is now known as EA Pacific.

They are currently working on a LOTR RTS, Battle for Middle Earth. There is no current announcement of another C&C game, but one will almost definetly come eventually.

Battle for Middle Earth looks friggin beautiful. That said, I hope they don't phase out C&C all together. The C&C series probably ranks as my favorite game series of all time. I'd hate to see that EA absorbed Westwood so they could make a single title and an expansion and then never make another C&C game.

Dijonase said:
The C&C series probably ranks as my favorite game series of all time. I'd hate to see that EA absorbed Westwood so they could make a single title and an expansion and then never make another C&C game.

While I have fond memories of many C&C games, I won't be sorry to miss them if they continue to make the net code as crappy as they did in Generals and Zero Hour. Try playing a bot match online with it....LAGGGGGG.

wfalcon said:
While I have fond memories of many C&C games, I won't be sorry to miss them if they continue to make the net code as crappy as they did in Generals and Zero Hour. Try playing a bot match online with it....LAGGGGGG.

True. If I want to play I usually just either set up a skirmish or play one of the generals matches in Zero Hour. Online play is pretty abysmal.

well, i remember playing 8 on 8 (or was it 6 on 6) matches on tib sun with the mods that came out with no lag on 28.8k. Same this with red alert 2. There old net codes rocked, thats what got me into gaming becouse i coudent play anything elce on my 28.8k

Well i hope they comout with somthing, its not like generals bombed or anything, plus they've got a pretty good track record. I've liked every game/expansion in the series except for that one that was for red alert where you only had one guy... that sucked..... anyways i hope they come out with somthing

red alert and the expansion the aftermath were the best thing that ww put out. i spent hours upon hours of my school life with that game, playing in the tourneys every month with THOUSANDS of other players, first computer game i learned to play and i was one bad mofo with either england or russia.

so many memories with that game, i played like 30 games beginning of this year on westwood with a few friends, that game NEVER gets old.

one of the best combos i did was with england, chronosphere or whatever its called a construction yard truck into someones base, deploy it, have a tesla coil ready to be laid down, then a war factory then tanks, it was over....

they should so go back to the 2d form of RA, eff generals and all that jazz(yes i played it, RA>*

xTABx7 said:
I've liked every game/expansion in the series except for that one that was for red alert where you only had one guy... that sucked.....

I believe you're talking about Sole Survivor, which I don't believe was "for red alert." I think it was a stand alone title. I never played it, but it just sounded bad.

I'd love to see a return to either the original C&C (GDI vs. NOD) series or a new Red Alert. Red Alert 2 was a damn fine game, but it was a dying breed when it was released. It seemed like every other RTS released at the time was 3D, but RA2 was still 2D. I'd love to see both series make the jump to 3D.

haha i remember me and my friend would lan once a month to play generals, we spent most of our time bitching at EA because the net code is just pure crap

Dijonase said:
I believe you're talking about Sole Survivor, which I don't believe was "for red alert." I think it was a stand alone title. I never played it, but it just sounded bad.

You are correct. In fact, I still have the box/CD for that POS in my garage. You didn't miss anything. I suppose it was the precursor for Renegade, but I never picked that one up. Graphics seemed too dated for it's time, and games (at least in the demo) became quickly unbalanced when one side continuously pounded the other's harvesters, restricting the purchase of vehicles.

wfalcon said:
You are correct. In fact, I still have the box/CD for that POS in my garage. You didn't miss anything. I suppose it was the precursor for Renegade, but I never picked that one up. Graphics seemed too dated for it's time, and games (at least in the demo) became quickly unbalanced when one side continuously pounded the other's harvesters, restricting the purchase of vehicles.

Whatever happened to Renegade? I enjoyed the C&C multiplayer aspect quite a bit. Is there any kind of a mutiplayer community out there? I know the game never did all that well, and I can't find my copy for the life of me, but I had a good bit of fun with the multiplayer.

C&C should definitely continue with at least one more, maybe conclusive, GDI vs NOD sequel. THE strategy game C&C deserves a decend ending.

They need to finish the original trilogy.

Dawn, Sun, Twilight (or Night)

derrickperry said:
red alert and the expansion the aftermath were the best thing that ww put out. i spent hours upon hours of my school life with that game, playing in the tourneys every month with THOUSANDS of other players, first computer game i learned to play and i was one bad mofo with either england or russia.

so many memories with that game

Same here. First game I really got in to. It was awesome!

Nope, there will most DEFINATELY be another C&C game. However, THE GAME WILL SUCK LEFT GOAT NUTS. Every game EA touches goes to hell in a handbasket.

-Ultima Online
-MCO Online Racing
-Earth & Beyond
-More and more...

Hell, they even managed to close down and screw over one of the most famous franchises by laying off Westwood employees or sending them to their LA complex.

BOYCOTT ALL EA GAMES!

They need to finished the story, explain what truly happened to kain in the tib sun world, and why he was in/ killed the 2 commanders in red alert 1 (why was he there?)

Ahhh. The good old days of Westwood. I remember the first time I fired up RA2, I got butterflies in my stomach. I still play that game with friends, as it severly kicks General's ass.

Blizzard should buy the C&C license. I bet they would make a great game out of it.

darkego said:
Blizzard should buy the C&C license. I bet they would make a great game out of it.

Blizzard could make a great game out of a box of shit. They're just that cool.

It would have awesome cut scenese too :p

]|[ Mar']['in ]|[ said:
Blizzard could make a great game out of a box of shit. They're just that cool.

It would have awesome cut scenese too :p

lmfao, but yeah I am another c & c boy and I have been playing it since the original, I have almost al;l of the series and some of the older ones I might still get just so I can say I have them all :D

and yeah EA seems to be sucking balls (generals:ZH and BF: V being the best known)

I read that they wanted to do a red alert 3 but that was in an interview for generals :( . I personaly have been playing C&C since the original too. good stuff but I have to say I was a bit disapointed by ages of generals.

I liked the first one, LOVED red alert, hated every other one, red alert 2 was far to sci-fi for my taste (I liked red alert being a cold war set), generals... was generals..... wasted a good 2 CD's on that POS.

C&C - good
sole survivor - shitty
Red Alert - fucking awesome
Red Alert + aftermath (and the other expansion that i forget right now) - My personal favorite
C&C Tib Sun + expansion - good, but it seemed like those games went on FOREVER!
Generals - shitty net code made multiplayer unstable whenever i played :(
Red Alert 2 - wtf was with yuri and all that? some freaky units and weird shit, but not bad.
Generals + expansion - ok i guess. I still played it, but i'd rather play RA or RA2.

EDIT: i can't remember the names of all the expansions for the life of me.

wfalcon said:

OMG someone fells my pain as well. Bro i know what you mean, i love C&C and zero hour but god dam online play sucks beyond belief. i hope they fix that and create more games for the series

Neural Interface said:
Oh yeah I just rememberd "It came from Red Alert" haha the giant ants, that was so cool :D

haha I forgot all about that. I couldn't believe they actually did that. I remember playing it thinking "wtf am I doing here?"

Dijonase said:
Whatever happened to Renegade? I enjoyed the C&C multiplayer aspect quite a bit. Is there any kind of a mutiplayer community out there? I know the game never did all that well, and I can't find my copy for the life of me, but I had a good bit of fun with the multiplayer.
You can get a pack that comes with red alert 2, Yuri's revenge, tiberian sun+Expansion, and renagade at walmart for like 20$. but honestly it really sucked. That was cool too, they always had a deal where you get like 10 C&C games for 20$. That's how I got like 3 copies of red alert 2, It was in every one :p ! I've had every C&C game but I think red alert 2 was my favorite, but Yuri was really annoying. So far I've played with 1 person who used yuri online, they are always like "WTF No Yuri No Yuri".

I was contacted last year about doing mapping for a game based on the generals engine, but EA ended up cancelling the project and the company told me that the project might come up again early this year. It never did, but I didn't recieve any information about what the game would be about. I wonder now if that might've been CnC 3.

Back