What's new in the Ultrawide monitor world?

Anyone out there used a Samsung C43J890 before? I'm really starting to think the 34" isn't going to cut it, i'd much rather have something in the 38" range but looks like there is nothing between 35 and 43" with 1440p and over 100hz that i can find.

Anyone out there used a Samsung C43J890 before? I'm really starting to think the 34" isn't going to cut it, i'd much rather have something in the 38" range but looks like there is nothing between 35 and 43" with 1440p and over 100hz that i can find.

Theres the samsung 55" and up nu8000. 1440 @ 120hz and ultra low latency for gaming. Just not ultra wide.

Theres the samsung 55" and up nu8000. 1440 @ 120hz and ultra low latency for gaming. Just not ultra wide.

55" is way too big for me, the 43" is kinda pushing it I think but 34" just feels like it's going to be too small coming from dual monitors

55" is way too big for me, the 43" is kinda pushing it I think but 34" just feels like it's going to be too small coming from dual monitors

I don't know.. at first I thought it was too big as well.. but on night 3, i'm kinda getting used to it.. crazy good to game on.

Has anyone heard what became of the unicorn Acer X35? Last I heard it got pushed back to end of 2018 but that has come and gone. Acer has been promising this monitor for about two years now. Thinking its just a ghost tale fabricated by Acer. lol

Up until this week I was only using a 48" Samsung 4K HDR 8-series display as my main monitor on my desktop. It was great for HDR and content/text work, and the clarity couldn't be beat, but I just got the Alienware 34" 3440x1440p ultrawide with G-Sync, and game performance is way better. Gaming at 120Hz is a great experience compared to the 60Hz locked TV, but colors, and productivity work aren't quite as good. I'll probably end up having a dual setup of the two. When I'm not gaming, I really miss the 48" 4K.

Same boat. I bought the 34" LG FreeSync 2 version. 144Hz gaming with a zero lag wired mouse and keyboard, wired headset is amazing coming from a wireless mouse and keyboard, and 60hz 4K tv with some input lag. PWM flicker on the 4K Tv was getting to me over time. It really hurt my eyes. The new IPS LG with no PWM has made a big difference and I am going to ditch the samsung 4k because of it. The LG IPS color are arguably better, and the 144hz with freesync has made my computer feel like a new machine.

Unless they somehow fuck it up (and they will), the upcoming LG 38GL950G looks like it ticks every box.

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/blog/lg-38gl950g-with-37-5-ultrawide-panel-144hz-and-g-sync/

☑ 37.5″ in size

☑ 3840 x 1600 resolution

☑ Variable refresh

☑ 144Hz refresh rate with 175hz overclock

☑ IPS panel

☑ DisplayHDR 600

I would not buy an ultrawide right now knowing that thing's coming.

Nice Heads up. This monitor looks great. I just bought the LG 34" 1440p for $800. I am going to stick with that for at least a year. I am guessing this releases in the $1400 range and while the extra pixels are nice not enough for the extra cash. Also will push a 1080ti too much, would require a 2080ti and that gets pricey!

Back