What's needed for [email protected]

myndcrime

Gawd
Rampage Formula motherboard, 4gb g.skill DDR-1000, and a zerotherm nirvana with mx-2

temperatures are fine right now at 3.2ghz, idle is about 40c and load is about 52c.

I want to take it up to 3.6, what do you think will be needed in terms of changing voltages? right now everything is at default (cpu 1.280v)

Hows about you try it and see?
We cant tell you exactly what its going to take, but if you are running at default right now, it probably wont take too much.

well I bumped it up to 3.6ghz 450x8 on stock voltage, it's running fine so far, lols. I ran a few 3dmark tests and played Crysis for a while. I wonder if it'll last

well I bumped it up to 3.6ghz 450x8 on stock voltage, it's running fine so far, lols. I ran a few 3dmark tests and played Crysis for a while. I wonder if it'll last

if not, bump the voltage up just a smidge and run some stress tests until you find a stable point

I have a Q9450 at 3520 and 1.28V.

Just leave the CPU Voltage set to auto, thats what I do and it seems to work fine.

Wow, I'm impressed. I needed to bump my Vcore up to 1.312 and nudge up my memory to be Prime stable @ 3.6GHz. At stock Vcore, I was just shy of 3.2GHz. I would say you have some serious headroom.

well I haven't run any prime95 yet, so I'm going to do that for a while to see if it's really stable. after that I'll see if I can go higher

well I got a random restart after using my computer for about ~5 hours. I wasn't gaming, though, I was just on the internet. temp was maxing out sort of high at ~67c on prime95

Decided that was too high, backed it down to 3.4ghz @ 1.24vcore and 2.0v on the memory since it's not even running that high. Highest now is 63c

Back