whats my bottleneck...a little help

archangel0585

Weaksauce
Ok guys here's the deal. I have a p4 2.8c backed by a gig of kingston hyperx pc 3500...well I started messing around with my o/c today...I jumped the ram up to 2.8v and my cpu up to 1.8 (its on an abit ic7 max 3 and has a thermalright slk 900u on top of it) well the hottest I could get it and still have it boot windows is 215 fsb....thus I have a 3.02 chip. Please tell me what I'm doing wrong or what the deal is. I would like to get it to 3.5 but don’t know what I'm doing wrong. For more system specs check my sig...thanks. side note, its at 1.6vcore now and 47c....thus further baffling me…..arrgggg I'm having a charley brown moment, but at least my vantec is gone ;).....but so yeah...why so low

i don't know much about that board but try bumping up the voltage on RAM and proc some more. your RAM shouldn't give you any trouble cuz 3500 gives you that extra headroom anyways.

i got it working. basicly I changed the dram ratio to 3:2 with a gig of pc3500 @2.8V....long story short, 3.5 @1.7V on air running 52 degrees C...not bad huh

Back