What's killing me, Mobo, PSU, or CPU?

Klade

Limp Gawd
Hello,

For a while now I've been having serious problems with my new computer. At random times (anywhere from once every 6 hours to once every 30 seconds the computer will bluescreen and restart). I am currently running windows vista but in the past I've run windows 7 and there have been multiple OS installs all with the same problem. At this point I have swapped out or simply unlpugged every piece of hardware I have except for the motherboard, powersupply unit and the cpu. I can't swap those out without buying new.

I thought it was the motherboard and sent it in for RMA. It came back a few days ago and at first it seemed like it was fine. But it just bluescreened on me again so I know that didn't fix it. The motherboard came back in a box without any paper at all. So I have no idea if DFI fixed it, or tried to find a problem and couldn't so they just sent it back.

My computer tends to bluescreen at weird times, I can play fallout 3 for hours with no problem then when surfing the web with only 2 browsers open it will bluescreen.

So my question is this: what is most likely causing the problem? Is it my Mobo? PSU? or CPU?

If I know what is most likely the problem I can buy new parts and test those out, but I really don't want to buy all three new. Thanks in advance for any advice.

BTW here is my complete build.

i would say try disabling the speedstepping see if that helps..also run memtest on your memory see if that passes.. if that doesnt work.. try stress testing the cpu.. make sure to turn off the restart automaticly on error so you can write down the code that comes up from the BSOD.. usually will look like..
0x00000000 0x0000000 0x0000000 a series of numbers and letters like that.. then take that and google it.. usually will find some answers..

if the bsod says something like system exception error.. then usually its the cpu and can be fixed with a little increase in voltage..

[Testing the RAM]
Download Memtest86+ v2.11 or whatever the latest version is, unzip it, burn the ISO file to a CD, and then boot from it, just like you would do with the XP/Vista install CD. Let Memtest+ run for at least three hours on each stick of RAM separately as well as test the RAM all together. Go for a full 24 hours if you want to be completely sure that the RAM is not a problem. If you start seeing errors, than your RAM is defective or you have incorrect settings for the RAM.

[Testing the Hard drive]
Download the CD image of Hitachi Drive Fitness Test, burn the ISO file to a CD, and then boot from it, just like you would do with the XP/Vista install CD. Test the hard drive and see if any problems are found. DFT will run on most manufacturers' hard drives. Alternatively, you can use Seagate's SeaTools for DOS to test a Seagate or Maxtor drive. For a Western Digital drive, you could use Data Lifeguard Tools for DOS to test a Western Digital drive.

[Testing the CPU]
Use Prime 95, OCCT, Orthos or Intel Burn Tool to stress test the CPU

[Testing the GPU]
Use Furmark or ATI Tool to stress test the GPU

Back