What's Inside "THAT" firewall Pictures Thread

how about a video of inside an old cisco router? the fun stuff starts at 2:50... sorry i'm so boring to listen too if you're not into cisco gear.

:EDIT: bah!, cant embed a video... here's the link...

http://youtu.be/2JiAOl15h74

lam0rz.

Posting some pictures of some more Sonicwall Insides :)

TZ180

IMG_1059.JPG

IMG_1060.JPG

IMG_1061.JPG

IMG_1062.JPG

TZ150

IMG_1064.JPG

IMG_1065.JPG

IMG_1066.JPG

IMG_1067.JPG

A Cisco PIX 515E that I purchased a couple years ago. I've been meaning to set up a lab with this plus the other Cisco devices I have but never got around to it.

ciscopix515e001.jpg

ciscopix515e005.jpg

ciscopix515e003.jpg

ciscopix515e004.jpg

I was reading the manual for it and figured out that you could actually slide the board out of the 525 so retook the internals photo. Click for full-size (2000px).

Managed to get myself a DLINK DFL-1600 off ebay for £50, sold as "Not Working" all it needed was a new PSU :)

It does run quiet warm not sure if that's normal as the new PSU blows air into the case and not out the rear like the old on did.

Here are some pictures of the inside, there is also a case fan not shown in pictures as I've removed it to fit one with a higher CFM.

Arriving Thursday is 2 x watchguard x500's
Also maybe of interest Monday I should have 2 x Siemens HiPath 2030 VoIP / firewall / router phone / gateway systems.

Look interesting to mod the Siemens as they run Linux anyways and have 3 x LAN ports + 4 port switch integrated hmmmm

I have a x1000 firebox at the datacenter (load of crap) but I found that it doesn't actually need the blower fan on the CPU. I have ran it on a 100Mbps line now for over 12 months without that fan.

I have a x1000 firebox at the datacenter (load of crap) but I found that it doesn't actually need the blower fan on the CPU. I have ran it on a 100Mbps line now for over 12 months without that fan.

PIII's didn;t really get that hot, if it got warm in that 1u enclosure, you could put a 5V 40x40 fan to move a little air around and still be fine.

The P4's however are power hogs heat creators.

Arriving Thursday is 2 x watchguard x500's
Also maybe of interest Monday I should have 2 x Siemens HiPath 2030 VoIP / firewall / router phone / gateway systems.

Look interesting to mod the Siemens as they run Linux anyways and have 3 x LAN ports + 4 port switch integrated hmmmm

Cracked open the 2 Watchguard firebox x500's

Noticed one of them (one that hasn't ever been opened says x700 on it's lcd screen)
the other says x500 ?? Hmmm

Anyways both identical inside apart from different ram sticks

Pics are here
http://www.stanzabike.net/images/firebox/

If you want any other closeups, let me know and I will take some when I remove the 64meg card to try out pfsense etc

A Cisco PIX 515E that I purchased a couple years ago. I've been meaning to set up a lab with this plus the other Cisco devices I have but never got around to it.

ciscopix515e001.jpg

I Apologize that i'm reviving an old thread but this is something that only the experts at this forum can know.

My question is:
From what i see the 515e motherboard has a riser that is connected to it via something that i have no idea what it is, anyone knows what this slot is?

I am asking this because the firewall has those two PCI slots that i can put a gigabit NIC into, i want to install two. (I know that it wont push 2gbe, i will swap the cpu for a 1ghz coppermine later).

The pix 515e is using 33Mhz PCI bus and if so then by standard it can barely push almost 1 gigabit on the bus, if so then is this riser a simple two slot pci bridge? meaning that its sharing bandwidth? or is this thing has actually two pci links in that connector and it will deliver full PCI bandwidth to each slot?

s0Hq7iu.gif

The chipset is the legendary intel 440bx and by the layout it shows only PCI Bus_0, the question is are those two pci slots in the pix are sharing this bandwidth or they get separate "lanes".

I see many socket 370 intel 440bx mobos have 4 or even 6 pci slots, are those slots sharing so little bandwidth? seems strange.

Any ideas guys?

Back